Cover Image: The Night She Disappeared

The Night She Disappeared

First class mystery. Didn't guess the twist which is always a plus

Great characters as always.

I am often easily confused when books are written at different timelines but this was great as they were explored by different characters
Kept me hooked all the way through. I kept thinking I had figured everything out and would then be surprised at various points through the story which I loved. Easy to keep up with the different characters and narratives.
Two teenagers are missing - their story told across two timelines... the time they dissappeared and now.

This is a great story which had me turning the page.

The book loses one star for me as there is too much focus on Sophie, the partner of the new school teacher, who is intrigued by the mystery of the missing kids.
The missing Tallulah is much more likeable and interesting.
This was fantastic, I loved the mystery surrounding Tallula's disappearance. We go straight into the thick of it and then you spend the rest of the story trying to piece it all together. Jewell is not predictable in any way, I did not guess the ending and I loved the plot twists along the way. Lisa Jewell is impressive in the amount of tension she is able to create, it is not forced but carefully woven within the story. Would highly recommend this one.
The night she disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
A cold case. An abandoned mansion. A family hiding a terrible secret.
A brilliant read.  Couldn't put it down.  Love Lisa's books. Tense and twisty. Surprising too. Very cleverly written.  5*.
Enjoyable thriller with likable characters, a steady pace and enough intrigue to keep reading.

3.5*

Thanks to NetGalley and Random House for an eArc in exchange for an honest review.
5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Thankyou #netgalley #lisajewell #atriabooks for a arc copy of this book for a honest review .
Lisa never disappoints! She started the story plot in a slow burn mystery thriller and ended it with a hea with a twist of a cliffhanger?;)
Every chapter was great,this is actually good to be in a movie, it consist of drama, frustration and anger. Also be warned with : emotional abuse from a partner .⚠️
❤️Shaye.reads
I’m gutted that I didn’t like the ending more, as that definitely made me take away a star from my rating. I’m not sure what I didn’t like about it, there’s just something that I wasn’t keen on. I really liked how the chapters were set in both present and past, and from different characters. I liked most of the characters, but didn’t love any of them. It was a nice pace, slow at times but not in a bad way as it gave you time to learn and understand important parts of the storyline. I’ve enjoyed the other Lisa Jewell books that I’ve read so I am a bit disappointed that I didn’t like this one more, but I’m looking forward to reading more of Jewell’s books.
A real page turner - when new residents arrive in the 'peaceful' English countryside they find themselves immersed in the year-old disappearance of a young women and her boyfriend. With baffling clues left to draw them deeper into the mystery, you find yourself eagerly turning page after page to find out exactly what happened on that night.
The Night She Disappeared						Lisa Jewell

4 stars

Another good story from this author.

I enjoy Ms Jewell’s books. The plot is always interesting and well-thought out and keeps you reading to the end.

The story revolves around a 19 year old girl called Tallulah. She has been in a relationship with her partner Zach since the age of 14 and at 18 had a baby, Noah, with him.  Although they have split up once as Tallulah has felt stifled in the relationship they are now living together with Tallulah’s mother Kim as the book begins.

It is no real surprise that when Tallulah encounters the fascinating Scarlett that her head is turned. Scarlett is from a very rich but dysfunctional family and has always exerted control over her group of friends both male and female. She does exactly what she wants dropping in and out of college, manipulating her on off boyfriend Liam but when she decides she wants Tallulah nothing will stop her.

Tallulah becomes fixated on Scarlett entering into a relationship with her whilst trying to extract herself from Zach. She then discovers that Zach is preparing to propose to her, they go out for a special meal at the local pub. Scarlett is also there and knowing the situation insists they come back to the family mansion for a pool party. Tallulah and Zach then disappear and no one seems to know what has happened.

The story moves to the present day when Sophie, a detective story writer and her partner who is the new headmaster of the local school move to the village. Sophie discovers a sign in her garden saying ‘Dig here’ and discovers an engagement ring in a box.

With all her writer’s need to discover what has happened, Sophie becomes involved in the mystery to the detriment of her own relationship. The story jumps between 3 years, beginning in 2017, flashing back to 2016 and then 2018 when Sophie becomes involved,

The ending was as I expected although there was another twist but the main reason I did not give this 5 stars is because I really could not connect with the main character Tallulah. She seemed incapable of making any decisions about her life and just seemed to fall into situations and then had no way of getting out of them. However I guess if she had been different there would have been no story!!

Dexter

Elite Book Group received a copy of the book to review
Kim is more than happy to babysit her grandson Noah to let her teenage daughter enjoy a rare night out with her boyfriend. The next morning she is not so happy to see neither have returned but then annoyance quickly turns to worry when they are still not home after 24 hours.

Sophie writes cosy mystery novels and she has just moved to the small village. An innocent cardboard sign, an abandoned mansion and a cold case all point to something much darker than she has ever written about.

Lisa Jewell knows just how to tinge seemingly innocent everyday actions with darkness and that is exactly what makes for a realistically gripping read. In this instance a night out for a teen mum and her loving boyfriend should simply result in a hangover not a disappearance. Knowing Jewell's writing as I do I knew there was going to be more to the story than meets the eye and foreboding was never far away. The three timelines we followed kept things interesting and invite you to look for clues along the way but as usual I did not guess exactly what had happened that fated night. I did really enjoy this book but where it fell short a bit for me was the last part of the book as I felt it was a bit too far fetched and as such it lost it's realism which I had enjoyed up til then.

The Night She Disappeared certainly keeps you guessing and you are bound to come up with numerous different scenarios in your head before all is revealed.
An enjoyable read, a gripping thriller with short chapters and unexpected twists! An enjoyable read and one I’d recommend to any thriller fans out there. A great book by the queen of thrillers!
When it comes to thrillers, Lisa Jewell is rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors.
This was so good and it grabbed me from the very start. I loved experiencing the different timelines as they ramped up the tension and suspense. The mother-daughter relationship was strong and so well-written; I was constantly rooting for Kim.

A very well-crafted mystery that'll have you reading all day. I really enjoyed it!

Many thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
I have read one other book by this author and unfortunately this was the same for me.
I don't enjoy the style of writing.
The book is well written and put together but it just wasn't for me. You can't love every book you read after all!
Thank you to netgalley and the publishers and the author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion
Love Lisa Jewell’s books and this one was another winner, brilliant book and had me turning pages all night long, can’t wait for the next one!!
I really enjoyed this book and the different character perspectives and timelines it switched between. The ending wasn't obvious so it was a really satisfying read with just the right amount of creepy.
I love  Lisa Jewell’s books and this one didn’t disappoint. The writing is superb as always.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for letting me read this book in exchange for a review.
I will be putting this on Amazon too.
Lisa Jewell is a fantastic author for drawing you in, where she tends to annoy me is when her stories become a little far fetched to wrap everything up nicely. It doesn’t diminish the entertainment for me however and this latest thriller is a heartfelt, mystery that leaves you guessing.  I can’t wait for the next story.
I would rate this book 3.75 out of 5 stars.

I really enjoyed Lisa Jewell's plot and writing as always. Really enjoyed the LGBT aspect to the book as well.

Lisa Jewell did a great job of really showing how different relationship can be viewed from the outside, even by those closest to the people involved, versus what actually goes on in a relationship.

I didn't enjoy Sophie's POV as much and felt like maybe Lisa Jewell could have found a way to introduce those plot points from Sophie's POV into one of the other POV's and done away with Sophie's POV entirely.

Another enjoyable thriller from Lisa Jewell.
Lisa Jewell has always been one of my go to authors and I’m so glad I was given the opportunity to read this amazing book.