Cover Image: There Will Be Lobster

There Will Be Lobster

I really enjoyed this book. There isn’t enough books out there that cover woman’s mid life crisis. Which is so needed. I highly recommend this book!
Thanks to Net Galley, the publisher and the author for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
To be honest, I struggled with this book. A seemingly strong, professional woman finds her life falling apart when her youngest child is preparing to head off to college. Her business goes under, she will be an empty nester on her own and she falls down the rabbit hole of a major mid-life crisis. I will admit that while reading I found myself put off of her high drama accounts. It all came together by the end but not in a satisfactory way.

3.5
I have received this book from #Netgalley  as a digital advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

There are simply not enough books out there about women's midlife crisis. There may come a time in everyone's life when the walls cave in around them and life forces us to face painful loss and change.  It is always the time when one needs to dig deep and face whatever comes up.

I felt that a lot of people would be able to relate to the writer. It is helpful to understand that you are not alone going through tough times. I liked the wide open honesty, the no holds barred truthfulness in all the horrible lows the writer experienced.

However i would have loved to see her come out of it like a shining beacon - to give hope to the readers. I felt the book was just steeped in depression and percieved failure, with little progress. It felt like it was just the beginning of a good book that still needed its happy ending.
Date reviewed/posted: May 5, 2021
Publication date: July 20, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

You know her. You’ve Seen Her. You May Even See Yourself In Her.

If you’re arriving at the midlife crisis party—the one that’s serving low self-esteem, desperation, unreliable behaviour, forgetfulness, carelessness, and the loneliness of loss—the stories and anecdotes in this memoir will assure you that you are not alone. For Sara Arnell, It took a rogue lobster, a dying rock star, an eighteen-pound tumour, a meditation guru, a famous medium and a former monk to help put her on a path toward light, hope and healing. If reading this book helps even one person, according to Sara, then telling this story is all worth it.

It is really hard to describe why I liked this book - it is one of those ones that you need to read to understand why it was so awesome. I laughed, I cried, I craved shellfish.  I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, bookclubs as it is an awesome uplifting autobiography!

Take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony) and enjoy it  - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 5th or 6th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for nor is burn that will make you the colour of that lobster.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🦞🦞🦞🦞🦞
This is a very powerful book. At times I found the style of writing difficult to handle, but the subject matter is difficult and I think the style was warranted. A must read for anyone who has been through addiction, depression, rejection,  or any other midlife crisis.