Cover Image: The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore

The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore

Utterly hilarious, I kept audibly laughing while in public areas of the cruise ship while I was reading, and surprised I didn't get any strange looks.

Some completely fabulous comedic moments, some of which come from Baaabara Streisand, one of the best animals I've read about in a long while.

This was a joy to read, I loved everything from "guess the gadget" to "gnome sex positions" plus the stories behind the carvings on this tree they are trying save are rather special too.

Once again this author has written a fabulous story, full of heart, humour, loveable characters, and two leads who i enjoyed the dynamics of.

Another triumph from Jaimie Admans.

Thank you to Netgalley and HQ Digital for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
Fifteen years ago, Felicity Kerr threw caution to the wind and kissed her colleague Ryan Sullivan under the ancient wishing tree along the coast.
When Ryan failed to respond to her kiss, Felicity was mortified that she’d read his signals so horrendously wrong and left Lemmon Cove for good.
But now Felicity’s job brings her back to her hometown, and face to face with Ryan, who is leading a band of octogenarians rallying to save their beloved 300-year-old sycamore from being bulldozed by property developers.
The spark with Ryan is still there, but Felicity is guarding a secret and as much as she wants to join the protest by his side, she can’t help but hold back.
Will Felicity be able to mend her broken heart and find happiness with Ryan beside the sea?

THIS BOOK MADE ME CRAZY!!!  There were so many times that I wanted to just set it aside - because you absolutely KNEW what was going to happen!!  There was NO way that she was going the "right" thing before getting busted. Yet, something kept making me pick it up until I finished it.  While I was satisfied with the ending, it honestly could have been all tied up in about 1/2 the time.  I wanted to ring her neck for being so wishy washy.  I loved all of the senior characters and adored the goat lol  I'm offering this honest (maybe too honest??) review of The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore by Jamie Adams in exchange for a digital advanced review copy from Netgalley
This is a sweet and clean second chance romance story that is packed with emotion, humor and colorful characters that made it a winner for me.  No dull moments in this book.  No rambling.  Very well-written, very interesting and colorful characters, and a rogue sheep.  Just a wonderfully written story that will grab you from start to finish.  I really loved this book and highly recommend it.
Honestly, Jaimie can do no wrong with her books - she is an absolute genius and so creative with her story-telling. I absolutely loved the concept of the Wishing Tree and all of the stories that came with it, it was all so beautiful and there's nothing better than a Jaimie Admans romance!
A sweet albeit predictable and enjoyable novel that kept me entertained.  I really enjoyed the ensemble cast and the story of lost love.

This book lovely and magical.
As always with books by this author a lovely heartwarming story that has you hooked from the first pages.   I love the characters and the humour and you are rooting for Felicity and Ryan to have a happy ending. Perfect lighthearted fun beach read
This is a book about a wishing tree do the wishes come true only time will tell.

Fliss left her hometown fifteen years ago, she tried to kiss Ryan and was leaving anyway but ran away from him as she thought she had got things wrong.  Due to her work she has to come and persuade the residents of an old people’s home to give up their protest about an sycamore tree when she comes face to face with Ryan.  She still has feelings for him.

We see over the course of the book the memories people have of the tree I thought the concept of this book was really good.  Will Fliss wish come true or will she end up without Ryan only time will tell.

It is a light hearted book and some of the incidents were funny.
This was an okay read but I found myself skimming.  Felicity is sent by her employer back to her hometown in hopes of securing land to build a development.  The folks in town are fighting back to save the 300 year old Wishing Tree that would be bulldozed.  Her first crush is leading the charge and the 15 years apart hasn't changed her heart.  A little predictable but a nice story for a summer beach read.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I really enjoyed Felicity’s story as we have all been there putting ourself out to gain our crushes attention that doesn’t always turn out the way we hoped, I was curious to find out when Felicity moves back how things will turn out for her and Ryan and the secret of why she is holding back .

Premise

Loved this story which is only the second one of Jaimie’s that I’ve had the pleasure of reading. Following Fee who had followed her dreams to live in a city having leaving her home town following heartache. Returning only briefly following that day and under the cover of night. Years later she has no choice but to return. Misunderstandings of the past lead to happiness. Love it!
Thank you to Netgalley and Jaime Admans for the advanced review copy of The Wishing Tree Beside The Shore. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the history and stories of saving the tree. Despite being on edge throughout the book waiting for him to find out her real job! Would recommend for an easy and light hearted romance.
I think this is my first read by Jaimie and I absolutely adored it, such a lovely light happy read and it was so heart warming. The writing is superb, but to me it was so much more magical because I loved the Enid Blyton stories growing up, so I think it was so much more magical to me reading this. Thank you Jaimie for the emotional ride and nostalgia of happy innocent days.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Jaimie has become one of my favourite authors.
I look forward to each and every release and read within a few days.

This book didn't disappoint.  As always the characters were amazing, funny, adorable, quirky and gorgeous.

This story had me smiling, laughing and at points almost crying for Fee and Ry.  Their story could melt even the icyist of souls.
Every page was a delight to read and I was so sad when the book ended.
I'm sitting here hoping for book 2 from the wishing tree.
Definitely a 5 star read
Jaimie has done it again! This is such a sweet and funny book. One that will have you longing for community and a trip to the seaside.

This story has plenty of laugh out loud moments and thoughtful scenes as local residents share their stories of why they want to save a tree. The octogenarians are a continuous amusement source as they propose different ways to draw attention to the plight of the tree, particularly naked political gnomes!

“That sense of being happy where you are, a feeling of home…I left here to go looking for it, but never found it.”

The only slight annoyance for me in this book is the main character of Felicity. I eventually warmed to her, but my oh my, it took some time. For some reason she’s not instantly likeable. She comes across as selfish and whiny. Thankfully, as the book progresses, she seems to mature and becomes a more well-rounded character.

Overall, it was a wonderful mix of comedy, romance, drama, with an added sprinkle of childhood magic. It is a tale as old as time; lost love, friends to lovers and revisiting those feelings after a time apart.

Grab a cup of something warm, raid the biscuit tin and allow you heart to fly.
I love Jaimie Admans books. I like the setting with the trying to save the old tree and land, and I liked the surrounding cast of characters.
What can I say! I loved it finished the book within a few hours couldn’t put it down. As all of Jaimie Admans books I found myself walking along side the characters Felicity and Ryan. Definitely recommend everyone reads
The wishing tree beside the shore is a light, fluffy and enchanting read.

Jaimie Admans created a good story, nothing not heard before or unpredictable but I adored the writing style and the wishful tree.

Felicity works in a property development office in London but she still hasn't had a chance to show her value until a day her boss tells her to go back to her home village to persuade the owner of a residential home to sell part of his property in order to build a seaside hotel. Felicity thinks that is her chance to get a promotion but when she comes to the place she is not sure anymore that's the job she wants to do. Lemmon Cove community gathered around the centenarian sycamore they wany to save, at the protest Felicity meets the funny and witty elderlies who live at the care home and the camping owner who is tied at the tree overlooking the sea is non other than his first love Ryan. Will she get the courage to tell everyone her real job?

Felicity and Ryan were separated for a long time with a broken heart and I liked to read how they mend their relationship under the magical gaze of the wishing sycamore. I would have preferred a little more incisive and resolved heroine but I can also understand Felicity fear to tell the truth and to risk to lose her new and old friends and her feeling part of the community.

Perfect for the Summer hot days where no one wants to think too hard.
I devoured The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore by Jaimie Admans in one sitting, I loved it. I loved the community spirit and left me feeling that wishes can come true. A little bit of magic mixed in with friendship and love. Another great book by Jaimie.
Jaime Admans books you can't go wrong with. Her writing style is both immersive and amusing , with character's that are well rounded and you can empathise with.
      This book took me a little bit longer to get into, I didn't warm to character's right away , which is unusual. I'm glad I persevered though as by a few chapters in I was hooked.
      The storyline revolves around a 300 year old tree that is under threat from developer's.   Felicity works for the company promoting the redevelopment project that has been hampered by protester's on the site. She grew up in Lemmon Cove and ends up returning to her Hometown to try and sabotage the protests .
      Ryan is Felicity's first crush. He's also in charge of the protest .Felicity is soon  torn between doing. The right thing for her Hometown or saving her job . We meet lots of interesting characters along the way and there are humorous moments aplenty.
    The developing relationship between Ryan and Fliss is always overshadowed by the secrets she is keeping, the chemistry between the two increases as they work together to try and save the tree . Ryan has an interesting pet with a really humorous name , this made me smile every time she was mentioned.
     This was an amusing and heartwarming read and true love always wins out in the end .
I’ve read all of jaimie others books and to be honest they are all the same. The plots are identical and are now getting boring and predictable. The first page really put me off, the whole page is one sentence! Preserved though and it was okay. Probably won’t read any new books until the plots are changed.