Cover Image: The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore

The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore

Another great book from Jamie Admans. Felicity is sent back to her home town to infiltrate protesters who are trying to protect an area from having a hotel built on land which will spoil the view for the residents of a retirement home.. Her ex boyfriend is in charge of the protest and when she realises this things start to get comp,I acted. In the middle of the land is a beautiful tree which appears to make wishes come true. A beautiful love story of people who have been impacted by the tree through the ages..
The idea of a magical wishing tree overlooking the sea is my idea of heaven - throw in the wonderfully flawed characters of Felicity and Ryan and a little romance and I’m hooked. Jaimie Admans stories just get better and better and I love her writing. She has a way of engaging her readers with such heartwarming stories with such quirky characters and laugh out loud moments - walking a pet sheep springs to mind! This story is about family , friendship and forgiveness and is absolutely fabulous.
What could be more magical than a wishing tree. Once again Jaimie Admans has created a picture perfect setting for a magical story, over the past few years I have found her stories capture my heart and make me believe in magic.

When Fliss returns home the last person she thinks she will find chained to a tree is her previous boss and best friend who she has spent 15 years trying to avoid. Whilst getting to know the lovely team from the residential home who want to save the tree, she soon starts to remember the magic of the tree and wonders if she is fighting for the right side.

A story filled with naughty gnomes and wonderful memories, I flew through this story far too quickly as I absolutely loved the enthusiasm on the pages for everyone trying to save the tree that means so much to them. Sprinkled with memories from others whose lives had been touched by the tree, I loved hearing about the magical carvings and the history of the Strawberry field it had been for generations before.

In a time when we all need to believe in a little magic this story will take you to the gorgeous Welsh coast and capture you within its pages as you are swept along by the magic and romance of the wishing tree.
A lovely read .Felicity goes back to her home town to try and stop a protest over the selling of some land being sold for development but things don't go as planned when she finds herself helping them, and also finds herself coming face to face with and old flame with whom she last saw years ago .A beautiful setting with great characters who you can laugh and cry with and some wonderful stories about the Wishing Tree  .
Loved this book!!

Jaimie has done it again and written a beautiful easy read. I guessed what was happening and the outcome but it didn't put me off. I couldn't put the book down. Its a great feel good book.

I loved the characters and the references to some Welsh words bringing me the feeling of home. I did wish that the main character was a little stronger but the sheep made up for that - she was my favourite character with her comedy timing and her big personality.

The beauty of the community spirit was heart warming and I only wish there was more of it in real life.

#netgalley #arc #thewishingtreebesidetheshore #jaimieadmans
Omg what can I say I absolutely loved this book like all of jaimie Admans. As usual want a sequel.

Loved the story line, the thought behind the wishes made below the tree and how they come true with or without the help of the community.
Loved the sense of community you felt the residents had and how they helped each other, loved that all the older ones had their own personalities and found them all very funny.
Have to give Baaabara Streisand a mention that sheep is a legend 😂.

Well done Jaimie you never fail to disappoint. Cant wait to see whats next. 💖
If ever there was a book to truly lift your spirits, this is it. Its funny, it's heartwarming and its hard to put down. Felicity flees her hometown after a kiss between her and her work colleague Ryan doesn't go to plan. After avoiding returning home as much as possible over the last 15 years to keep from  bumping into Ryan again, Felicity's job brings her back home to Lemmon Cove and this is where the story really begins. A wonderfully written story absolutely full of charm and wonderful characters, it even has a rather adorable sheep. An absolute  must read.
Yet another beautifully cheerful story from Jaimie Admans. Her books are always perfect when you want to escape the humdrum of every day life.

I loved the story of the Sycamore tree and the stories of the people that believe the tree played a part in their lives. Whether it was carving their initials into the trunk or making a wish on its seeds, this tree is special to a lot of people and they’re determined to save it.
The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore - Jaimie Admans

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review thanks to HQ and Netgalley.

Fifteen years ago, Felicity Kerr threw caution to the wind and kissed her colleague Ryan Sullivan under the ancient wishing tree along the coast.

When Ryan failed to respond to her kiss, Felicity was mortified that she’d read his signals so horrendously wrong and left Lemmon Cove for good.

But now Felicity’s job brings her back to her hometown, and face to face with Ryan, who is leading a band of octogenarians rallying to save their beloved 300-year-old sycamore from being bulldozed by property developers.

A heartwarming second chance romance when Felicity returns to Lemmon Cove for work. The story unfolds with a lot of humour and has a wide variety of personalities, so there is at least one character for everyone to love.

Beautifully written and so easy to read, Jaimie has done it again and written a must read. A perfect book to read on a miserable spring weekend.

Rating 4/5
A lovely feel good novel which brings to life characters from all age groups as they work together to preserve the Wishing Tree which means something to them in different ways.

Add some romance and characters who have to come to terms with the past to enable them to move forward.

A brilliant read.
Another fantastic book from this brilliant author!
I loved the idea of the wishing tree and it’s place in the local community. It was fabulous to see Fliss return to her childhood home and to reconnect with her family and face her past.
Heartwarming and beautiful the story really was adorable 🥰
4.5 stars but I'm rounding up to 5. I've become such a fan of Jaimie Admans over the past year, her books are so comforting to read. The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore was no exception. What a gorgeous story full of love, hope and laughter. Ryan's ability to name sheep and ridiculous puns had me laughing so much. His and Fee's story was enchanting and you're routing for them and the other residents of Lemon Cove the whole way through. You couldn't help but love everybody, except Harrison. I've mentioned before that I love the way Jaimie's characters are in their 30's making them for me personally, that bit more relatable. Another fabulous read from a fabulous author. Can't wait for the next book.
A sweet second chance romance set in Wales.  Felicity- Fliss- left home for London 15 years ago after she bestowed an awkward kiss on Ryan, her boss at the time.  Now,, all these years later, she's the one who's been tapped by the property development company she works for to stop a protest which is preventing it from taking down a tree.  And who might be leading the protests?  Why Ryan of course.  Veteran readers of this genre know what's going to happen but Admans has imbued this with good spirits and lively characters.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  It's a light cheery read.
A classic Jaimie Admans: there’s romance, hilarity and lots of care.

Ryan is a perfect hero, and Fliss (while I got angry at her persistent lies too) was equally charming when she settled into the strawberry patch protests.

Our Octogenarian clan are the highlight of this book, they are perfectly hilarious and adorable.

I enjoyed this book and it’s such a comforting easy read.
The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore by  Jaimie Admans

Whilst this book didn't have the most original of plots, or anything you wouldn't guess, it was beautifully written with lovable characters, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fliss left a small village in Wales to follow her dream to work in London. She left behind the love of her life, who she felt didn't feel the same way after a disastrous last evening. When the property company that she works for decide they want to buy a piece of land for a client to build a hotel in her village, ther company send her back 'undercover' to try and encourage the sale through. If she can do this, she has been promised her long awaited promotion.

Unfortunately Fliss didn't realise that the piece of land is the site of the old wishing tree, and that the chief protester is her old crush. She has some very difficult decisions to make.

Beautifully written, easy to read, wonderful characters. What more could you want. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

Felicity, about fifteen years ago, kissed her colleague Ryan, that too, under what is an ancient wishing tree along the coast.

But when Ryan didn’t respond, she was embarrassed that what she’d been thinking wasn’t what Ryan was. So she left Lemmon Cove for good.

But after al this time, it’s her job that’s brought her back to her hometown. Also she’s having to face Ryan whose now, along with a lot of  octogenarians, are trying to save their beloved 300-year-old sycamore, as they’ve heard that a property developer wants to cut it down and build on the land.

It seems that old feelings are still there, but, she’s holding a secret, and even though she wants to join in this protest, she’s having to hold back.

So, can Felicity mend her broken heart and find the happiness she waves with Ryan beside the sea?

Recommend it.
This author is a new find for me and I have read a few of her books now. All of which I have thoroughly enjoyed and this one did not disappoint. The concept of the wishing tree is truly magical and after reading the book I totally believe it is possible. The way the 'old folks' and then the community pull together is amazing. The stories of hope and love associated with the tree are thought provoking and beautiful. The will they won't they romance and the secrets add to this fantastic read.
Felicity Kerr is going back to her home town, Lemmon Cove, 15 years after making a fool of herself over Ryan Sullivan. This time her boss, Harrison is sending her there to make sure that a big land sale will go through even though there are protesters making things very difficult. But the one person she didn’t want to bump into is just about the first person she does.

This is a story with a message or two. Don’t try to be something you’re not and every lie you tell makes it harder and harder to say what you really want to say. And liars always get found out, so do the right thing. It’s the sort of community we would all like to live in, where people are good, friendly and want to help. Set in Wales, the descriptions of the area of Lemmon Cove make you wish it was a real place. This is  just the sort of book you need to read to cheer yourself up, laugh out loud and even shed the odd tear. Perfect summer reading

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
I was so excited to get an email from HQ Stories inviting me to read Jaimie Adman's new book. Last year, I had the honor of reviewing The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane as my first Jaimie Adman's read and absolutely loved the story. Just like her Christmas novel, The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore did not disappoint. The book is outstanding as a sweet, charming love story set in a charming British Town called Lemmon Cove.

A quirky tale about two old flames that is very heart-warming and kept me smiling with every page turn. The perfect rom-com for spring, or just to even lift your spirits, the novel is utterly hilarious and heart-warming about hope, second chances, and following your heart.
I was lucky to have been given an early copy of this book to review. I am a big fan of Jaimie Admans and this book did not disappoint. The story focuses on the relationship between Fliss and Ryan. Fliss had been in love with Ryan for 15 years but as she thought it was urequited she'd been avoiding him by living in London, they reconnect when she returns to her home town in Wales for work. The stroy was a really nice romance and I love a happy ending. There was also enough tension around the white lie Fliss told being exposed to keep me.gripped. Highly recommended as an easy and happy read.