Cover Image: 100 Proof Murder

100 Proof Murder

I loved the first in the Mary Ellis' A Bourbon Tour Mystery series, but '100 Proof Murder' was a disappointment for me.  I felt as if Jill was impatient and unkind at times.  Her instant friendship and loyalty to Alexis to the exclusion of Nick was frankly unbelievable, especially considering the complete flipped switch in their relationship.  I am vaguely interested in more, but don't want to be further disillusioned.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Jill, a journalist and her videographer find themselves pulled into a murder mystery when the master distiller at the estate they are scheduled to visit dies of a heart attack.  Or did he?  His daughter Alexis thinks it was murder and an autopsy proves her correct.  There's an issue with an inheritance, jealousy, and greed to sort through.  I really didn't like the first book in this series but this was a vast improvement.  Fans of the classic cozy will like this for the characters and the setting.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
New author for me and I loved her book. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend doing so. Can't wait for more books in this series
We are traveling with Travel Writer Jill Curtis and visiting Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries, and Mary Ellis is giving us another case for our Jill to work on.
This story has a few chuckles, especially with family, and some serious subjects, Alzheimer’s or dementia, and there is also a murder, along with some other questionable behavior.
This read quickly became a page turner for me, guess whom was the culprit, and in the end, yes, I was surprised, but the clues were there.
I am now hoping for another book in this series!
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Severn House, and was not required to give a positive review.
Delicious read and am looking forward to the next.  Well written and enjoyable read, especially if you enjoy bourbon.  Looking forward to the next installment.
I just simply love the Bourbon Tour Mystery! Warm, breezy and funny, this latest addition from the great Mary Ellis should definitively seduce the most hardcore teetotallers looking for a well written and higly entertaining cozy mystery today.
Once again we meet travel writer Jill Curtis and her companion Michael Erickson as they travel to Louisville in order to work on a documentary about the Kentucky Bourbon industry. But nothing is ever simple with the very perspicacious and never faint-hearted Jill, so very soon she will accidentally stumble upon the rather suspicious death of a local master distiller and get willingly involved with the numerous dysfunctional shenanigans running deep within the deceased's family.....
Blessed with a clever and twisty plot this delightful whodunit introduces also the reader to a marvellous cast of quirky and colorful characters and to the many charms of the beautiful Bluegrass State!
The only drawback? Well....Just be aware that you might be craving for a good snifter of the famed Kentuckian whiskey by the end....
A delicious fictional treat to be enjoyed without any moderation as long as you are not driving👍👍

Many thanks to Netgalley and Severn/Canongate for this delightful and intoxicating ARC!
This is a Cozy Mystery with a little romance and small town charm, and this is the second book in A Bourbon Tour mystery series. I really love the mystery in this book. The characters in this book was great. I did not guess who did it before it was reveal. There was a lot going on in this book, and at times I felt there was just to much drama going on. I have to say this book makes you want to keep reading. The romance was not a lot, and I wanted more of the romance in this book. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Severn House Publishers) or author (Mary Ellis) via NetGalley, so I can give honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that. This book is schedule to be release on August 3-2021.
Jill was a travel writer and Michael was her videographer doing a tour of distiller’s in Kentucky. In Lexington a special drink of bourbon and champagne,Jill fell in love with. A tour the next day at the Parker Estate’s, now hearing the master distiller died suddenly. With a stretch of truth Jill kept the appoint with the daughter Alexis. Since meeting was not cancelled they sat and chatted, with Alexis asking how does one tell if it was murder of her father. How could she stop the cremation her mother is insisting on.
Once again Jill is caught up in a murder and a dysfunctional family, and making friends with Alexis.
Found the story good, seemed a bit wordy and having to go back to get the actual story details. A clean story and good characters with a touch of families and surprises. Given ARC for Net Galley and Severn Pub for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
I had not read this author or series. Went back to the first and must say I was disappointed with it. The characters seem to have been partaking of to much bourbon and left me wondering about their sanity. Needless to say I didn’t finish it. This new book after reading a few chapters left me feeling that I was wasting my time. I am sure there are plenty of people out there who will love this series unfortunately I am not one of them. Thank you for giving me a taste, or should I say a sip of this author