Cover Image: Protecting His Pregnant Partner

Protecting His Pregnant Partner

Leslie North consistently brings great characters and passionate romance to life. As a big fan North's, her name provokes an automatic one-click from me. I am always entertained.
I love, love, love security/protector books!  Aegis Security has become one of my favourites.
Holly and Ken meet when her ex is murdered. She is pregnant and requires 24/7 security. The writing is smooth, Holly is a secure, independent heroine and Ken is her perfect foil. The fact that they are able to investigate the crime together, instead of Holly being presented as a helpless woman, is a great part of the book.
Peripheral characters (that I hope are going to show up in more books featuring Aegis) are scattered throughout the book, and there is just enough steamy scenes to keep it romantically interesting as well.
Thank you for providing me with this free ARC for my honest review.
I usually enjoy stories by Leslie North, but this was meh for me.  Holly seems to be an in your face kind of gal, someone I would not normally seek out as a friend, so she turned me off quite a bit.  Ken was okay, but felt under developed, even for a shorter read.  There seemed to be little to no development as far as the attraction between them.  Maybe this is just a one-off for me as I usually enjoy Leslie's books, but I couldn't recommend this one.  I almost didn't finish it, but kept hoping there would be more excitement or development between them that would make me come to like Holly.  Honestly the mystery was more engaging than anything relationship wise and that was only so-so, too.  2-star rating.
North is an excellent author. This book is great. Holly, The heroine, is an investigative reporter who witnessed a mob hit. Kenton is an ex-seal. The chemistry between them is amazing at they search for the truth. The interactions between secondary characters is touching and humorous. I highly recommend this book.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Victory Editing NetGalley co-op for the ARC.   I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  This is the 3rd book in a series, but reads well as a stand alone, because they all have an intro that explains the background.  This is a fast paced fun, with some suspense romance.  The chemistry is great between pregnant Holley and Kenton (Ken).  This was a great conclusion to the series.  I enjoyed all three.  3.5 star
Protecting His Pregnant Partner  is the third book in the Aegis Security series by Leslie North. I loved the first two books and was hoping this would be as good....in fact I thought it was the best! Read over a few hours it was pure escapism.
Protecting His Pregnant Partner, in spite of its cheesy title (which is in keeping with the titles of books 1 and 2 of this series), is a decent romantic suspense.

In the prologue, we get Holly Yee's perspective of the night she and two friends witnessed a mob hit. The victim was Zak, her ex-boyfriend slash baby daddy, who apparently had been freelancing with the mob. The police arrive, and the women are rescued, but soon after start getting death threats. Enter Aegis Security and its three partners, who are hired for protection, one guy per woman.

While Michael heads out to the woods with Nicole (who is also his ex) and Easton and Charlotte travel to Florida posing as honeymooners, Holly stays in town as Kenton Price's "guest" in his supposedly uber-secure apartment. From the beginning, they cheerfully trade barbs and try not to go stir crazy, and pretty soon an attraction grows. But it's complicated; Holly is pregnant (with a dead pseudo mobster's kid), the mob is after her, and Ken (whose mom is on husband #4) is fighting daddy abandonment issues of his own.

When not boinking in every room of the small apartment, Holly and Ken are digging into the crime. Holly, as it turns out, has an email from her ex that may hold clues that can bring down the mob. She also shows a remarkable attitude for investigative digging.

I didn't love Holly at first; she came across as a little spoiled or rude that first night at Ken's apartment, shamelessly claiming the one bed (relegating Ken to the pullout), turning up her nose at his penchant for healthful eating, and seemingly letting him not only cook but also do all the cleanup. I worried that she'd be one of those heroines who would constantly ignore his orders (relating to his role as a bodyguard, that is) and put herself in danger. But fortunately, she ends up being smarter than that. By about halfway through, I grew to like her.

Not much happens in the plot, to be honest. It's mostly the two of them getting to know each other and trying to solve the case. It could be that the author was reluctant to put a pregnant heroine in physical danger, but that's just a guess. Also, I'm not entirely sure why the mob is after Holly and her friends. It might be because they saw Zak's killers face, or more llikely it's that they knew Zak had sent Holly evidence. Regardless, I wish the motivation has been clearer. When the story's (and series') conclusion finally comes, it both comes and ends rather quickly.

In the end, this book is a good escapist read that you can easily finish in a couple of hours. I don't think it'll grab at your heart or throat at all, but it won't leave a bad taste in your mouth either.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks!
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and this last book was just as wonderful.
Former Navy SEAL and now part owner of Aegis Security Kenton Price has become the protector and bodyguard of pregnant Holly Yee. Holly and her two best friends witnessed the murder of Holly’s ex-boyfriend and now the mob is after them .
But spending time in close quarters is starting to get difficult. These opposites are starting to develop an attraction, but getting involved with a client is a no no. His past also affects his determination to stay away from any involvement.
As the danger intensifies, will feelings continue to be put aside ?
This last story was just as great as the other two making this series one worth your time.
I was entrusted a copy of this book by Netgalley. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
Leslie North was a new author for me, and Protecting His Pregnant Partner is the third book in the Aegis Security Book series. Although I hadn't read the previous two books, this book most definitely can be read as a stand alone book. I loved the chemistry between Ken and Holly, this former Navy Seal has finally met his match. I will be going back to read the previous books in the series. I most definitely would recommend this great read to everyone.

I received a ARC from NetGalley and the publisher, and this is my fair and honest review.
A fantastic end to this 3 book series. I was hooked from the first book and couldn't wait to read the rest. The storyline in this one was definitely my favourite. can't wait to see what Leslie comes out with next.
What a cute book!  The characters were well written and funny, and I guess through the other books we get the offshoot stories with the other Navy SEAL partners and their charges.  I thought the plot was a bit thin, as the mob boss goes down and everyone lives HEA?  Oh well, a good story nonetheless and worth the read.
The final book in the trilogy of Aegis Security. Holly, Charlotte and Nicole witness a mob murder of Holly's ex who is the father of her baby when they go to meet with him. They all 3 go into protective custody with different partners with Aegis Security. Holly goes with Ken (Kenton) who is a health nut and will not let her leave his apartment. Holly goes stir crazy and starts researching the murder and the clues. She is very attracted to her and him to her. They give into their desires but he backs away and is afraid to be a father to her child. Leslie North does a great job of tying up the story line. I really enjoyed and highly recommend.

Was given and ARC by Netgalley for an honest review.
Entertaining read

This is the 3rd book in the Aegis Security series.  I did not read the first 2 but this book did whet my appetite for reading the others.  Although this book can be read as a standalone, if you are going to read the series, do start with the first 2 books as Protecting His Pregnant Partner concludes the previous overarching storyline.

Ken has to protect Holly after she (and her friends) receive death threats.  They are the witnesses to the murder of Holly's ex boyfriend. As Holly is pregnant, she needs to stay close to her doctor.  For protection, Ken and Holly stays in Ken's apartment.  The forced proximity brings a closeness to their relationship that gets physical.

To counter boredom and hurry the situation along, Holly and Ken start investigating the murder.  Working together, Ken's respect for Holly grows but his own personal issues with dating single mothers brings about some tension to the relationship. The banter is good, the pregnancy dealt with lightly but with respect and the murder mystery is not too heavy.

That said, I felt I got to know Ken much more than Holly, who in essence remained a somewhat flat character in the book. Still a good read to while away some idle time.
Of the three books in this series, Protecting His Pregnant Partner, is my favorite. I think it's because Holly is involved in solving the murder and who's after them. We get more involved in the outcome this way. Holly is a force of nature. Ken didn't stand a chance. She didn't even have to flirt, just be herself.
A fantastic end to this three book series. Holly and Ken are great characters who manage to rub each other up, and their sparing spats are very realistic.  Ken’s mixed emotions regarding his own stepdads threaten their relationship, until he realises his mistake and gets his girl in the end, and the bad guy’s get their comeuppance, with a slug or two from Holly thrown in.
I loved this book and thought it wrapped up the series nicely, with the ongoing storyline tied off very neatly.

As in the previous 2 books, the characters were well described and given a great amount of depth to help you understand them, so when Ken pushed back against Holly it was difficult but not expected given his history. I loved how his mum ended up talking him through his emotions on those thoughts.

I’m not usually a fan of pregnant partner tropes but this one had a light touch on Holly being pregnant which worked well for me and yet still made this story flow well

Another great read
Protecting His Pregnant Partner (Aegis Security #3) by Leslie North
Genre: General Fiction (Adult) | Romance
Publication Date: May 6, 2021

Protecting His Pregnant Partner  is the third book in the Aegis Security series by Leslie North. I loved the first two books and this one was even better!

I loved how the two main characters are actively involved in the crime solving mystery. It was  fun getting to uncover the why for the whole series. I loved the chemistry between Holly & Ken. They were so much fun to read about, I couldn't help smiling to myself.  Also, the steamy romance was something else!

I loved how fast paced this was! I couldn't put the book down in read it in one evening! I really loved this series and am secretly hoping there will be future books involving Aegis Security! I'm not ready for this group to leave my life! I would definitely recommend reading this whole series because it is a lot of fun, with great suspense, including edge of your seat drama, hot former Navy SEALS, and lots of steamy goodness!

I'm so grateful to Leslie North, the publisher, and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this ARC ebook in exchange for my honest review.