Cover Image: I Am a Woman

I Am a Woman

I didn't find what I was looking for in this book. I though I would get a little more context / history on the pictures it showed, but it literally is just a collection of pictures from relevant women.

Although it's interesting seeing photographies of these women, specially those pictures I hadn't seen before, I felt little to no conected at all with the book itself. The photographies didn't respond to any criteria (other than fitting into a verse from the song "I Am a Woman") and some of them weren't even relevant for the woman they were showing.

I did love some of the pictures (I'm not gonna say which ones because It kind of is an spoiler, since that's all the book has), but I believe this book is targeted specially towards Mary Sue Englund's followers, who I think would appreciate more her words and criteria.

It's not bad, I just expected way more from it.
This is such a fabulous book, full of beautiful photographs of women from all walks of life and all decades, who have made their mark in the world. It has been lovingly put together as a tribute to these inspiring women, be they housewives, actresses, princesses or scientists. Full of inspirational quotes and teasing snippets of each woman’s life, her contribution to the world, through words or deeds, makes for wonderful reading. Many of these women I have not heard of but now want to learn more about them. This book should be a gift for every teenage daughter who has self doubt or lacks the courage to fulfil her dreams. Highly recommended.
Beautiful coffee table book. Interesting collection of inspiring and powerful women. Gorgeous photos.
This is a beautiful, empowering coffee table book that makes me feel closer to the amazing women of the past and present.

It pairs black and white photos of women throughout history with quotes and mini descriptions of their accomplishments, all while following the lyrics of Mary Sue Englund's song "I am a woman." It includes a diverse array of women, all of whom have changed the world by being powerful women. Interesting to flip through for the pictures and to sit down with for the content.

I definitely recommend!

Thanks to NetGalley and Dexterity for the ARC.
I Am A Woman By Mary Sue Englund is a good coffee book that will give you insight into familiar women and women that aren't spoken about enough. I like that the photographs are in black and white with some of the words being in red -- it made the book have a classic look. I appreciated the women that were spoken about but wish it were little bit more diverse with the women chosen. I would have liked consistency with how women were discussed in terms of writing style but, overall I think this book would be a very nice way to learn about women throughout different eras in a quick and fun read.
I’ve so much love for this book! Mary Sue Englund is a singer songwriter who wrote a song, ‘I am a Woman’, this book pairs the lyrics of that song with real life women. Each woman featured has a mini biography, an inspiring quote they said and a photograph (always of very high quality). I really enjoyed this and also appreciated that the author used a mix of women from celebrities to pioneers, royalty to nurses working in the pandemic, trailblazers to activists. A book for everyone!
This is an awesome  coffee table book with a simple and clean layout. The photographs are beautiful. The fact that it’s set to such an iconic song is clever and creates a multi-dimensional reading experience. I enjoyed learning about women I was familiar with, as well as some I wasn’t familiar with!
This is a beautiful book featuring some of the most inspirational women over the years. It features stunning photographs, as well as quotes a little background info on the women featured. The only thing I would say could be better is the layout of the book. You could have played a little more with the design.
Beautiful photo images of 50 notable women, play the soundtrack of ‘I am woman’ as you pour over the photos and brief descriptions and you will understand more about each achievement. With an American bias and some inspiring quotes, this is a wonderful collection. Thank you #NetGalley for the copy.
I received this book for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

Beautiful and enchanting a lot of these photographs I have never seen before and I was completely enthroned.
A monochrome photo book of 50 women spanning the last 140 years.  Each page includes a beautiful photo, a brief biography blurb and a lyric from the song "I Am a Woman".  I recognized all but a few of the women that made up this book.  The list was a bit Hollywood heavy but include others like Queen Elizabeth, Sojourner Truth and Ruth Badger Ginsburg.  This would be a nice coffee table or shelf book to give to a woman in your life.  The biographies are brief and uneven in length.  Full disclosure, I have never heard the song before and had to look up a performance of it online.

Thank you NetGalley and Dexterity for the ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Book full of blurbs and pictures of women is incredibly interesting and also the pictures are extremely beautiful. This would make a delightful coffee table book.
A beautiful collection of black and white photographs of women across the world. Empowering and inspiring.
A short but beautifully presented collection of photos featuring women from the past to present.  These black and white photographs show a diverse mix of women from all walks of life. I loved this book, the quotes and stories, especially the lyrics at the beginning taken from the song 'I Am A Woman ' by Thom Shepherd and Mary Sue Englund.
Thanks to NetGalley and the author for the opportunity to enjoy this amazing book!
I loved this book! Stunning monotone images of women across the globe, from different walks of life, accompanied by short narratives linking their images, their lives to an emotion or a feeling, an expression.
Thought provoking, life affirming and inspiring all spring to mind when I’m reading it.  In short I found this book to be beautiful and I highly recommend it.
My thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this book in return for an honest review.
I knew I needed to read this book as soon as I saw it. Most of the women I could identify by their photograph which made me very happy. Each woman has her own page with a black and white photograph, quote, and brief bio. I like that the author chose to have the photos all be in black and white. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, it made the women feel equally important. I do think the fact that the author included herself (more than once) and close friends in a list consisting of people like Oprah, Queen Elizabeth, and Sojourner Truth was bit self indulgent. I also wish the bios would have been more consistent in their length, for example Ann-Margaret had a sentence while Julia Child had two paragraphs. It was hard not to think that a little more effort could have been put into the shorter bios. Overall I enjoyed flipping through the pages. I appreciated that the author included women from 1800s-2020s so it did not feel overly dated.

Thank you to NetGalley, IBPA, and Dexterity for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I had to read this book after listening to the beautiful song the author wrote. This is a beautiful description of women and their stories. I have about worn my album out listening to Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis belt out a song that is strong as well as vulnerable. I plan to buy this book for my sister and daughters-in-law. Thank you Mary Sue England for writing this beautiful song and taking it further in this book. A++