Cover Image: The Child in the Photo

The Child in the Photo

Kerry Wilkinson masterfully weaves his storylines together and it makes for a great read. I thought it would take me a couple of days to get through, but I could not put it down once I started reading.
This author makes me like standalones,as I normally do not. He delivers them so well. They are always complex and surprising. This one was no different. Although not my favourite out of his stand alones, i would still give it about 4.25 stars. I liked how it showed all the different people and the different emotions involved once a kidnapping is discovered. It was paced well and delivered you to the conclusion nicely. The journey was as enjoyable as the conclusion.
My thanks to NetGalley and BookOuture for a copy of “ The Child In The Photo “ for an honest review.

I’ve read , and enjoyed , many of Kerry Wilkinson’s books and never been disappointed.
Although this isn’t my favourite of his I found it well written and very readable . As always the characters were relatable and you cared about getting a satisfactory ending for Hope and Stephen .
Realise that Kerry Wilkinson has written numerous books but to be honest this is the first one I've read.Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for the opportunity in return for the opportunity and as a result I will certainly be seeking out other books by her.
This book hooked me in from the first chapter and kept my attention the whole way through. A cracking storyline where the main character is forced to face up to the fact that everything she is and thought she knew could be a lie, I've no intention og giving away the sotryline any further but strongly recommend this book. Thanks again
First of all , I am always attracted to a good cover. They say you shouldnt judge a book by its cover but hey I do. this book had me guessing the whole way through. Loved the pace of this book and highly recommend.
AMAZING, ENJOYABLE AND SHOCKING FAMILY DRAMA

Hope is a young lady, living a normal life. Out of the blue, she receives a newspaper clipping in her mail that is from 34 years ago. It tells the story of a 6 month old baby that was kidnapped from a car. Something remarkable about the baby is a scarred ear she has. Hope is 34 and also has a scarred ear exactly like the one in the picture. She confronts her mom who adamantly say it's a lie but Hope isn't convinced. She starts her own investigation and soon discovers that she indeed, is the baby from the newspaper. The hunt to finding her real birth parents and the story behind her kidnapping begins. I finished this book in one day and I enjoyed it. It's a drama filled with secrets, betrayals and love. I love Hope's character and her relationship with her neighbor. I think she's a normal person trying to move through life and now this bombshell just falls on her. Her trusting someone she doesn't know just because she says she knows the truth that Hope is seeking for makes Hope more human. She was desperate for the truth and couldn't see any other way around it. After an accident she had years ago, Hope struggled a lot with her amputated leg but fought through. I really love the setting - kinda not urban and not too country.

Thanks to Netgalley, Bookouture and the author for the arc copy of The Child In The Photo.
*thank you to Netgalley, Bookouture and Kerry Wilkinson for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

1 star.

This was a disappointment. I found the story to be lacking in so many ways. It was dull and read like there was no emotion in it. The description sounded really good but I was left feeling like, ok, is that it? If the story had a colour it would be grey.

I'm also wondering why this is in the Mystery/Thriller category. It was more a slow paced Women's fiction.

Unfortunately I can't even think of a positive thing to say about it.
The Child in the Photo by Kerry Wilkinson is touted as a psychological thriller, but I found it more like a family drama/mystery.
Another great read by Kerry. Wow. It had me gripped from the first page and I couldn't stop until the end. It's a story with many twists and will keep you guessing till the end
The Child in the Photo was my first Kerry Wilkinson novel, and I really enjoyed it, so I'll definitely be reading more by this author. I thought the book's premise was interesting, and the ending was surprising. The characters were well-written and easy to empathize with, and Hope and Stephen's friendship was my favorite aspect of the novel. Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review The Child in the Photo. : )
Great premise, ok read. Hope finds a newspaper clipping about a baby that was stolen 30 odd years ago that has a couple striking resemblances to herself, which leads to many questions about who she really is. Throughout her search for herself she meets Stella and the search for who she is takes a twist. More a drama than a thriller, but still an ok read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.  Thank you NetGalley, Kerry Wilkinson and  Bookouture for this edition and hearing my honest review. Looking forward to reading more with you
#partner
The Child in the Photo is a quick thriller, perfect for a weekend read. What would any one of us do if you came to know that your mom and dad were not your real parents and had kidnapped you when you were a baby? Hope find herself in this situation after she receives a newspaper clipping about a baby who went missing years ago - a baby who has the same distinct scar on her ear just like Hope.

While I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did the writer's earlier novels, it is still an easy read that will hold your attention. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the arc.
I have read most of Kerry Wilkinson’s books but was disappointed with this one.  I felt it was a little unbelievable, lacked suspense and had a rushed ending.  The book opens with Hope receiving an old newspaper cutting about a stolen baby over thirty years ago and realises that the photo bears a close resemblance to her as she has the same scar on her ear.  Hope confronts her mother who insists that she gave birth to her but Hope becomes suspicious as she finds her mother burning papers in the garden.  Then a stranger turns up on her doorstep and claims she is her sister.  As Hope continues to investigate she finds that she may not have been the only stolen child and puts herself in danger to discover the truth.  I still looked forward to reading more books from Kerry Wilkinson in the future.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
When Hope finds a news clipping with a picture of a small child, her entire life is turned upside down and she doesn't know what to believe. That was an emotional roller coaster. I’m always surprised anew about the length some people will go to get what they want or think deserve.
I am a big fan of this writer and have yet to be disappointed by one of her books. This one is no different. From the very first page, you are gripped, and the tension , twists and turns keep going from the get go!  Hope is a brilliant character and very well written. Do not miss this brilliant read.
I received a digital copy of this novel through NetGalley.
KERRY WILKINSON is an author I discovered on NetGalley. She is now one of my favorite authors. Her novels are filled with crime and intrigue. There is always a twist. "The Child in the Photo" is a novel that keeps you guessing to the end. If you are wanting a book that keeps you up all night; this is it..
Great read
This has lots of twists and turns.
Has your life been a lie
This is what Hope is about to find out
Love Kerry’s books
Thanks NetGalley
Really good read. You definitely need to be on top of your game reading this one. There are so many twists and turns in it. Hope is a great character who has to put up with a lot in her life.
Another great read from Kerry Wilkinson.  I am a huge fan of Kerry and this stand alone lived up to expectation.  It grabbed my attention from the first page and with each new revelation, I just kept wanting to turn the pages.I highly recommend this book and I'll be eagerly awaiting his next book.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.
Absolutely thrilling. An addictive pageturner. I couldn't put this one down. This author never disappoints, delivering a polished, clever, absolutely stunning read book after book, story after twisted, suspenseful, pacy story. This is one of his best and that's saying something. Highly recommended.