Cover Image: The Child in the Photo

The Child in the Photo

I always enjoy reading Kerry Wilkinson novels, fast paced, interesting characters and totally addictive plots. This latest book is typical of his writing and I hadn’t read too many pages and I was already planning to change my plans so I could finish the book.

The lead character Hope is sent an old newspaper cutting about a young baby snatched from a car. On closer examination Hope notices that the little girl in the photo has the same scar as her and all at once her whole life is in doubt.

Everything Hope believed is now questioned and she is eager to confront the woman she calls mother, can this be a coincidence or has her life been built around lies. Her mother convinces Hope that it is purely a coincidence and all is well until she witnesses her mother acting suspiciously while burning papers in the garden. Who sent the newspaper article to Hope, who is her mother and what is the truth.

I enjoy Kerry Wilkinson’s writing, not overly complicated, good characters, fast paced and truly addictive plots.

I would like to thank both Netgalley and Bookouture for supplying a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
1 ⭐
I was very excited forthis book just based on the premise. I have never read the author, but I was intrigued. Girl sees baby picture of herself and realizes her life is a lie.
 I really wanted it to work. I could not connect at all with the writing. The writing was very simple, and frustrating to get through. I really don't feel like the plot was played out as well as it could of been either. This was such a disappointment all around.
Thank you to Netgalley for my copy of the novel in exchange for an honest review.
Hope Taylor, a recent amputee who lives alone, receives an anonymous post that contains an article of a six-month-old baby who was kidnapped thirty-four years ago. On a closer look, Hope realises that the baby in the photo has the exact same ear deformity that she herself has. Suddenly, all those doubts that she has had as a child comes rushing back with a vehemence. But does that mean the woman who raised her is a liar? And who are her real parents?

This was a slow-paced story with an interesting premise. Hope comes across as a low-profile person who has already faced one setback in life. Her desire to know more about her real background and her hesitation to rock the boat are understandable.

Overall, an interesting read. Thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for providing a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
First, thank you to the publishers at Bookouture and Netgalley for this ARC of The Child in the Photo.

I requested The Child in the Photo after I saw it listed on Netgalley under the mystery/thriller section, my favorite genre. I was instantly interested. Cold cases, especially ones involving missing children, have always been of interest to me because I’m always holding out hope that the child will be found and reunited with their parents.

The Child in the Photo is about a missing child, but she doesn’t know that she is missing. Kidnapped at 6 months old, she’s been living with her mum and dad for the past 34 years of her life. While there were a few times she questioned the legitimacy of her blood connection to them, it isn’t until an old newspaper article is delivered to her door showcasing the missing child with a resemblance that can’t be mere coincidence.

I was sitting on the edge of my seat during the entire story. This read was fast paced and exciting. We see a lot of the English countryside during this story as well, which was interesting for me as an American who hasn’t traveled to Europe.

There are plenty of twists and turns in the story to keep you guessing at just what the endgame might be. I wasn’t entirely shocked by the ending, but I enjoyed the findings that were made in relation to Hope and her backstory.

I highly recommend this book if, like me, you enjoy stories about missing/found children, mysteries, and fast paced reads! 4/5 stars!
I really enjoyed this, from the very beginning It picked up pace. The plot was easy to follow, and I found myself noticing things at the same time as Hope, our protagonist. I liked the way Stephen had his own sub plot going, and this didn’t distract from the main story line at all.

If you like short snappy chapters where one turns into four or five then this is for you!
Another brilliant book by Kerry. His books never fail, always page turner you want to constantly know what is going to happen next.
I love a great psychological thriller and this one is fascinating. It's is the third thriller by Kerry Wilkinson  I've read in the last few months and really enjoyed, so I now consider him an auto-buy author.

Wilkinson writes like I love to read; his prose propel me through the story. There’s never a need to stop due to unclear writing nor stagnant sections. I’m always ‘all in’ from the beginning of his stories and I think it’s because he knows how to deliver a very taught, engaging, and twisty thriller that’s extremely difficult to set aside. I love how he draws readers into answering ethical questions while they read, making them question what they’d do in this particular situation. He doesn’t expect readers to do it alone. He takes his characters through the same thought process. You’ll see it when the protagonist goes to visit the shopkeeper.

You need to read this addictive, page-turning story that will make you question how well you know anyone, particularly loved ones. In the process, you’ll develop empathy and realize that there isn’t a textbook answer for every question.

I was gifted this superb mystery by Kerry Wilkinson, Bookouture and NetGalley and was under no obligation to provide a review.

Publishes June 14, 2021
This is my second novel by Kerry Wilkinson and it did not disappoint. Full of solid character and many moments where I went huh I didn’t expect that. The ending felt a bit rushed so I would like a continuation of the story so I get the answers I seek. Overall a solid, fast paced and highly entertaining read. Can’t wait for the next one.

This is a very well written thriller by Kerry Wilkinson, filled with interesting characters and an original plot. As the book progresses at a steady pace, lies and truths are revealed. I loved the character of Hope and the friendship with her elderly neighbour. I was kept engrossed from the beginning and I loved the ending. I would recommend this author and the book is sure to be a winner. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
I wasn't to sure how to review this book?! This book was definitely interesting the storyline was good! This book was filled with intrigue, suspense, drama, some action and a lot of plotting! So as I said I did enjoy reading this book! But it just wasn't blow me away great?! I still would recommend it as it had a good story behind everything! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
This was my first time reading a book by Kerry Wilkinson and all I can say is “wow!” Within the first few pages of reading I was hooked. The characters are developed well, the plot has the perfect amount of twists and the ending was so shocking that I never could have predicted it. This is one of the best mysteries I’ve read in a long time!
One day Hope gets an envelope through her door containing an article about a child who was snatched over thirty years ago.  Hope is confused why this has come through her door, and then notices that the baby in the article had an unusual scar on her ear... just like Hope does.  Could she have been snatched all those years ago?
 Has her happy childhood all been based on lies?  Hope confronts her mother who insists that she gave birth to Hope, but then she catches her burning papers in the garden.  Is her mum really hiding the truth?  Then a young woman turns up on Hope's doorstep claiming she knows who abducted Hope.  Who is telling the truth?  As Hope continues to investigate, she finds that she may not have been the only child stolen...

This is the first book by Kerry Wilkinson I have read and I loved it!  I found it to be really well written, enthralling and exciting.  The range of characters was great and I was kept wondering what was going on and who to trust.  The ending was brilliant and I loved how everything came together.  Recommended!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of the book in return for my honest feedback.
These books are sometimes so hard for me to read! But I don't like to read about kids who go missing! But y'all this was amazing! The story is what held my attention! It f!owed so wonderfully and these characters???? Like amazing. I promise you'll want to read this one!
You will get pulled in and won't want it to end!
#TheChildInThePhoto #NetGalley
A newspaper cutting have changed it all.
Trembling with shock, I know I have to confront my mother. My parents got me through a horrific accident, helped me find a job I love teaching art, and even with buying my own house. But was it all built on lies?
She tells me the day I was born was the best day of her life, and I’m flooded with guilt for questioning her – but why do I catch her burning papers in the garden the next day?
Then I come home to find a woman sitting on my doorstep, covered in bruises and claiming she knows who abducted me. I don’t know if I can trust her – or if I’ll be the next to get hurt.
It was lengthy. Although it's an ok read. Go for it.
I loved the main characters.
Narration of the story is simple.
Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me an advanced copy.
Hope receives a notice about a young girl who was kidnapped over thirty years before. She’s the exact age of Hope and bears a striking resemblance to her, especially on one way. Her mother acts squirrelly when questioned. I was Intrigued with the plot. Kidnappings, abductions, etc are another one of my favorite genres to read about whether fiction or true. The Child in the Photo is a compelling read which leads readers down a path of more revealed truths. I knew there had to be more to the plot the more I got into the book and I was right. Someone is lying and Hope discovers that the people she trusted the most have been keeping secrets from her.