Cover Image: I Let Him In

I Let Him In

Lou cycles home after a stressful evening with her ex-boyfriend. She is struck from behind and left. Upon waking, Lou finds herself in pain and a cast. As a traveling freelance journalist, Louise had planned an exciting trip to Chile - which she now needs to cancel.
Forced to remain in her flat to recover, Lou books a painter based on a reference from her Victim Services representative.
Ed provides Lou with social interaction in between her sister and niece, Jo and Mia's visits.
He also comes with his own horror story. We all have those moments in time - our lives balance on one decision. "If only" haunts Ed and Lou.
The relationship and trust between Ed and Lou allows them both to not only heal but hope, real hope for the first time in years.
I enjoyed this story - very relatable, realistic characters. The ending caught me off guard - very poetic.
Interesting cover and blurb… this book just doesn’t end well. I’m a little disappointed putting the effort in to read it only for the ending to weird me out.

What did I like? I loved that Ed and Lou were able to connect on a level that helped them both. After the accident Lou spent her energy healing not only her mind but also her body. Ed gave that to her but there really wasn’t a HEA.

Would I recommend or buy? Fence book, the ending wasn’t explained well and I definitely shed some tears. Ed gave her closure but at his expense. I didn’t hate the book but that ending made it hard to love it.

I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was so unique and I genuinely did not know what to expect. The ending was such a shock but brilliant. I highly recommend this book
I liked this one! It captured my attention immediately and held it throughout. I especially enjoyed the ending. Great read!
Fascinating story of an injured woman who is trapped in her apartment and is being harassed for something that happened in her past.  Is it the ex-boyfriend?   Who is showing up outside her door at night?  It is also the story of a love of a lifetime when two broken souls meet and join.  There is a terrific twist at the end which you cannot even guess at - so go with the flow of this story - it's really worth it!

Many thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC!
Louise Taylor is hit by a car, while cycling home, at night. It came from behind her so she didn't see the car or who was driving. She woke up in a hospital bed with a broken leg and her head hurt. Her sister takes her to her apartment to recover. she is the type of person always on the move and is a journalist who always lives dangerously so she has a hard time being layed up. She had just broken up with her boyfriend also, to the dismay of her sister.
She meets Ed , who is going to paint her apartment and they spend a lot of time with each other. They are also keeping a secret from years ago. During their exchange we do find out each other's secret. Neither one thinks they deserve to be happy or be in a relationship.
Just when you think they can be together then something happens to tear them apart. Then bam we are hit with something new going on which leads to a twist that I never saw coming.
This book is my favorite for this year. I could not put it down and read it in 1 sitting.
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC to review.
I really enjoyed this, a really clever storyline based on past lives, regrets, guilt and the what ifs. The premise is a little Sliding Doors, and how small decisions and events can have a huge impact on your future life’s course.
The characters were very likeable, engaging and well developed and there are some pretty epic twists and turns which I did not see coming.
The pace is fast and carries you along with the action, I finished the book in a day as I was so compelled to see how it panned out.
A good ending, which certainly did not disappoint.
I Let Him In by Jill Childs is a domestic drama that drew me into the narrative immediately, and led me to a place that I could never have anticipated.  It is best to go into this one blind, I think, to fully appreciate the skill with which Ms Childs has woven this beautiful story.

Louise has been knocked off her bike, the victim of a hit and run driver.  It is during her recovery period that she meets Ed, a gentle soul who initially comes to Lou to carry out some home improvement projects, but soon becomes someone Lou feels that she can trust implicitly.   Both are carrying the regret of incidents from the past, and finding this common ground will connect them in the most unexpected and meaningful of ways.  I will say no more, only that you should read this book.  You will not be disappointed.  4.5 stars

Many thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for an ARC.
I’d like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘I Let Him In’ by Jill Childs in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Louise is knocked off her bike by a car that doesn’t stop and she ends up in hospital with a broken leg and concussion.  While she’s stuck at home she decides have the shabby walls of her flat repainted and hires Ed who’s been recommended to her.  She feels an instant attraction to Ed which he reciprocates but something happened in her teens that she’s kept secret and now she’s told Ed he also tells her his secret, one that he’s kept hidden for many, many years.

I Let Him In’ is a novel with a gripping story about Louise who lets Ed into her life following her accident.  It then reverts back to 2007 and tells of Ed in Helmand Province when he strikes up an unlikely friendship with Abdul, a young boy and one of the many casualties of the war in Afghanistan.  I’ve read several novels by Jill Childs but this has to be one of her best yet as it’s had me hooked from the first page and I’ve been so totally involved with the characters and their lives that I didn’t see the final amazing twist coming.  I’m full of admiration for someone who can write such a wonderfully descriptive and involving story that’s kept me reading well into the night and at times had me in tears.  I can wholeheartedly recommend this novel that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and didn’t want to end.
A n immediate start that pulled you straight in and then,for me,kept me there
Good relatable characters and an ending I didn’t see coming at all
A good read
I wasn't sure what I was expecting from I Let Him In but I really enjoyed it. It had interesting characters that drew me in. There were quite a few unexpected twists all the way through and I did not see the ending coming.
Jill Childs is definitely an author that I am going to look out for in the future.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for my ARC.
Talk about sucking you in from the first page!! What a ride this book was. I loved every second. All of my favorite books are published by Bookouture and this one is up to par!!
This book was provided to me compliments of #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

This one draws you in from the start. If you like a good mystery, thriller, suspense pick I let Him In up.
Hooked from the start! The opening scene was intense. It had all the ingredients that a good thriller should have…a woman on a bike injured in a hit-and-run, a controlling boyfriend, a suspicious past, and a shady character who suddenly appears in her life. I mean… what more can you ask for!

I love how Jill Childs tells the story from alternating POV’s. Lou tells her story parallel to Edward’s story and eventually the pieces of a puzzle begin to form a complete picture of how each story connects. Both Lou and Ed have a past that they aren’t proud of. Will they come clean to each other? With themselves? Will their pasts interfere with their future together?

I have to admit, the ending of this story was extremely unique and unexpected. I love the slight magical twist that the author manages to pull off.

All in all, this was a solid thriller with a surprise ending that will leave readers thinking of the realm of possibilities. 🪄
I received this ARC from Bookouture in exchange for an honest review.

After a beginning that immediately pulls the reader in, the plot is beset with multiple long and boring scenes.  To call it a mystery or a thriller is definitely misleading.

Women’s fiction?  Sure.  Yes, it has all the marks of chic-lit, but I would put it in the category of Christian lit as ultimately the story is about guilt and atonement and forgiveness.
This is a unique story that had me hooked from the start and led me up a totally different path to how I thought it would end. Cleverly written with relatable characters who both had skeletons in their cupboards, it opened up a realm of possibilities then ended with an unexpected, amazing twist.
At 36, Louise is happy enough with her cramped apartment, a job that has her travelling twenty five weeks a year and a string of not-too-serious relationships. When her latest boyfriend proposes and she breaks it off, older sister Jo worries that Lou will never settle down. Lou stays silent - she wants nothing more than to be loved but with the secret she is carrying, letting someone go is safer than letting them in.

Louise is struck  by a hit-and-run driver whilst she was riding her bike.  Now she's stuck at home recovering from her injuries. Louise hires Ed to do some decorating  and it's not long before the pair strike up a friendship. They've both done terrible things in their pasts.

The pace is slow .As we learn more about Louise and Ed's pasts and more about the day of the accident, the story does get more interesting, it just takes a while to get there. The characters are well developed and believable. I wasn't expecting the book to end that way.

I would like to thank #NetGalley #Bookouture and the author #Jill Childs for my ARC of #ILetHimIn in exchange for an honest review.
It's almost impossible to explain why this is such an amazing book without giving spoilers which I have no intention of doing!  The story itself was engaging enough with the two main characters, Louise and Ed - both having their own deep secrets to reveal - or to keep the reader guessing - but there is also the question of whether there is romance or just something quite different in the connection between these two people that transcends that emotion. Both were highly likeable people and yet there was always that little bit of uncertainty as to whether all was as it appeared. I really enjoyed the book but I honestly, had no idea whatsoever where it was going to lead and the shocking revelation at the end took my breath away. I can't - and won't -  say what it was but this turned the whole story around and left me thinking about it and I suspect I will be thinking about it for some time  because it was  so unexpected but very cleverly done. I believe this would make a brilliant film. A  truly remarkable, and unique, book and I loved every minute spent in its pages. My thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a pre-release copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

I love how Jill Childs tells the story from alternating POV’s. Lou tells her story parallel to Edward’s story and eventually the pieces of a puzzle begin to form a complete picture of how each story connects. Both Liu and Ed have a past that they aren’t proud of. Will they come clean to each other? With themselves? Will their pasts interfere with their future together?

Wow , if I could give this 10 stars I would. What an amazing book , just when I thought it would be your usual run of the mill story it all changed . Fantastic twist at the end , can’t recommend this book enough. Definitely the best book I’ve read all year . We’ll done Jill Child’s