Cover Image: Questions for Rebel Girls

Questions for Rebel Girls

Opens a dialog with the reader or a group based on questions a noted person might ask of a reader today. Good to be enjoyed alone or in group (Scouts, Youth Group, etc). great for making a person think about the present and future as well as learning to appreciate past leadership. Superb!
I requested and received a free temporary ebook copy from Rebel Girls via NetGalley. Thank you!
There were many things I enjoyed in this book, the bright colors, the amount of famous and not so famous people mentioned, as well as the addition of questions from girls who wrote in from all over the world. The issue I had with the book was The amount of information about some women compared to others. I understand that mini biographies are not all created equal, and to put the same amount of information about all the women mentioned could indeed make this a huge book. But there are some people that only get quotes instead of blurbs, and some that have one sentence about them and that's it. It was not a bad book, I did enjoy all the questions that were asked, especially the questions that made me think. I just would like more equality in the info given about the "Rebel Girls" mentioned.
This is a really fun book. It is very colorful and I loved the graphics in this book. It's very informational and I would have absolutely adored this when I was younger. The only complaint I really have for this book is that there is no room to write your answers down. That's just something I would have liked. However, I would still highly recommend this to anyone who want to teach their young children about amazing women in the world in a very interactive and fun way.
The Rebel Girls are doing a magnificent job! I'm so grateful for all these books and actions to encourage little girls to have their own voice. I wish I had it when I was young!

Questions are something different. It is not a typical book with a woman to admire, but more like a workbook to spend some time with. These questions are pure gold. Not so hard, but demand some creativity and an open mind to answer.

Taking into account, how little the girls are taught to trust themselves and getting higher, this book should be mandatory and used in schools. Especially in my country, when the government is doing almost everything to tamed women's rights and keep girls quiet and meaningless.

I have all the Rebel Girls books on my daughter's shelf. I believe that these stories have the power to change their way of thinking and give her an idea and encourage her to do whatever she wants.
A wonderful collection of Rebels! The format of the book will appeal to the graphic novel generation. It’s not weighed down with too much bio on each Rebel, but additional information might be helpful if reading along with a child.

The questions presented speak to a higher level of “would you rather” than the basics we often see for kids.

If you’re an educator or after school provider you can easily find lessons to build around.
I received an electronic ARC from Rebel Girls through NetGalley.
Powerful book that challenges girls of all ages to think about themselves and their passions and needs. Informative text about a wide variety of women is woven through questions to spark thought and dialogue. This is a book to both read straight through and pause on each set of questions; readers can even open to a random page and figure out how they would answer the questions shared there. Colorful illustrations and a wide variety of fonts bring action to the pages.
A great resource for families, schools and community groups to encourage and inspire girls to continue to explore and push boundaries.
Oh my goodness! What a cool book!!

Questions for Rebel Girls is absolutely amazing! It’s perfect for any teen girl- maybe ages 10-16! I can not wait to buy this for my niece and my daughter!

First off the illustrations and colors are gorgeous. It’s so attractive and flows so well. It’s easy to follow and read. The pages keep your attention. I’m sure a young girl would just love this!

This book features all types of influential and powerful women. Many of which I embarrassingly didn’t know much about. Some women have inspiring quotes or stories. The following pages pose thought provoking questions for young women based off of the figure. The questions promote kindness, fun, leadership, discussion, conversation, etc.

This would be great for a club of girls- maybe even older Girl Scouts. I used to love quiz type books when I was young and this is the updated, inspiring version of those. It’s tremendously important for girls to see all that women can achieve. It’s so pressing for us to instill motivation in young women to aspire to be all they can.

As a teacher I’d love to see students design a page about themselves!

This is a must buy!!
Rebel Girls has once again made a book I know my younger self would have absolutely ADORED. Questions for Rebel Girls not only shared immensely amazing women throughout history, spanning from Ancient Rome to the 1900s to now, but also incredible questions. I loved how some of the questions allowed for readers to form their own opinions and share if they agreed or disagreed with an action in history. The questions are diverse and all based on the women they’re highlighting and the things they did. I learned about so many tenacious women throughout history I didn’t even know about! If I ever need any question prompts, I know exactly what book to open
This non-fiction book was such a good read. Aimed at girls and full of over 500 thought provoking questions. Full of facts are how women have contributed to history and asking girls to compare themselves to these women. Great for young girls to find out about these strong women who are great role models.
I think at this point I have read everything from Rebel Girls, both the bigger books with 100 people and the small ones with 25 people in them. And I am really loving the concept as a whole.

This book is a bit different. It is meant to be more of a both fun and educational conversation starter. The whole book is basically questions you can ask yourself or your friends about all kinds of things about your life, your dreams, your passions etcetera. I think it might even be a bit too much, because I can't see someone picking up this book and going through it from start to finish in one go. Not if you want to answer the questions, because it would simply get overwhelming.

I do think it is a great ressource for creative thinking and maybe it could make you ask yourself a question you have never thought about before.

There's always a lot of focus on the visual elements of these books and this is no different. The entire book is colorful and visually fun to look at with many illustrations and interesting fonts and details. I personally think it is a strength, but I do worry that too might become overwhelming for younger readers.

It's an interesting addition to the Rebel Girls line up, but I prefer the books about real life people and their amazing stories.
“Questions for Rebel Girls” with its attractive appearance, has over 500 reader-friendly questions for children, inspired from the Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls series. It introduces readers to extraordinary women who have made their mark throughout history. Readers are asked to imagine themselves in similar situations. Designed to inspire discussions between children and adults, thought-provoking questions are asked, such as “If you could meet any woman from any country and time in history, who would it be? What would you ask her?”
“If you could be a singing sensation, what type of music would you sing? If you could perform a duet with anyone in the world, who would it be?” Such questions inspire children to think about their own specific answers in a creative way, thus encouraging creativity in children. This is a unique one-of-its-kind book that will make waves in the world.
This is a slightly different take on the usual Rebel Girl series.  Instead of learning about famous women, although we are, we are being asked to think about what they did.  Such as Ada Lovelace, credited with creating the first computer programming, before even computers had been created. But knowing that about here, the questions are "How many machines do you think you use in an average day?" and "If you were going to invent a machine, what would you want it to do?"

It is a good way to begin a discussion, and to think about your life, and how you feel.  It is probably best done in a group setting, where you can ask others their opinion on the matter.

So good resource for teachers, but it can also be read on its own just to see the wmen picked, frm all over the wold, and all walks of life.

<em>Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review. </em>
Questions for Rebel Girls is a well thought out collection of prompts collected by the editors at Rebel Girls. Due out 19th Oct 2021, it's 144 pages and will be available in paperback and ebook formats.

These are refreshingly deep and thought provoking questions/prompts in different contexts to start discussions and self-examination. They can be used for group discussions or for solo work, such as journaling or self-learning.

The art is exuberant and colorful (like all of Rebel Girls' materials) and graphically appealing. The art is full page. The first part of each entry contains a portrait of a female icon (Lady Gaga, Ada Lovelace, Jane Goodall, and many many others) followed by questions to expand on the theme (how did you feel when..., what are some things which..., if you dedicated your life to studying....).

Five stars. This is a worthwhile book from a genuinely worthwhile publisher. It would make a good choice for public or classroom library acquisition, writing groups for youngsters, activity groups, or gifting to a young friend who enjoys writing. Long live Rebel Girls!

NetGalley ARC Educator 550974

The authors have done it again. This edition of Rebel Girls, ask thought provoking and life changing questions, while providing brief snapshots of the lives and achievements of other Rebel girls and women.

Utterly fantastic and a welcome addition to any school, library or home collection.
I was given this eARC by NetGalley for an honest review.

Rebel Girls is a great organization that is trying to encourage the girls of today. Looking through this book, it made me think of the American Girl books in the past, the ones that talked about social issues. Rebel Girls is doing just that. Using famous women from the past and today, there are plenty of questions for the reader to be engaged. Who knows? Maybe one of the readers will be the next Rebel Girl.
**Thank you to NetGalley for this advanced readers copy. All opinions are my own.**

This is another great book for any young girls (or boys for that matter) that you might have in your lives. It’s full of women that are icons and worthy idols for young girls as well as thought provoking questions for those little rebels.

Each of these questions has been created to help young girls to focus their ideas and to help give them some new ideas around how they can be the best versions of themselves.

I think I’ve said this for every Rebel Girls book that I have read but I so wish these books had been around when I was younger and looking for role models, but I’m so glad that they are around for the next generation of young rebels.
This installment takes a bit of a different approach to the Rebel Girls series.  It presents different figures from a variety of backgrounds and careers and also asks questions to the reader.  It asks a variety of different questions to get young girls to think about the world around them and what they feel and want.  I think this is a fantastic installment to the series and is a great way to get any reader, not just young girls to think.  The illustrations are just as stunning as they are in every installment of Rebel Girls.

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an ARC.
What a fun book! This book takes inspiration from the lives of famous women and poses questions to the reader based on those lives. The book may give a quote with follow-up questions for the reader to think about, journal about, or talk about. Alternatively, the book gives facts about role models and gives questions based on that. It would make a great addition to a classroom that utilizes journaling or discussing.

Thank you, Netgalley and Rebel Girls Publishing for allowing me to preview this book!
This addition to the Rebel Girls series is a little different, it still includes snippets about many different women/girls and what they are known for, but the main aspect of this one is asking questions of girls who are reading it. Some of them are very deep and introspective questions, some are questions that are simpler such as 'this or that' questions and there are even questions sent in by readers! The colors are bright and fun, and as in the other books the artwork is done by different artists that showcase their individual styles. This is a great addition to the series as a whole.
Bright, concise and timely, Questions For Rebel Girls gives punchy little snippets into important women in society and gives really interesting questions for the youth of today to mull over. Would be great for a classroom setting or if you have youngsters that you want to have perhaps difficult or timely conversations with at home. Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this title. All opinions are my own.