Cover Image: The Angel Creek Girls (Detective Kay Sharp Book 3)

The Angel Creek Girls (Detective Kay Sharp Book 3)

This book starts with a confronting scene that had me hooked from the start.
Very well written story with lots of plots and had me hooked. Tense action packed story that left me wanting more.
The Angel Creek Girls is a very well written thriller.  Great plot and character dynamics.  Kept me on the edge of my seat.  I recommend this book.
Detective Sharp is back! This case begins on a cold, rainy night. Cheryl is home with her 3 daughters. Something is wrong though. She wants to escape but didn’t manage to do so before the rain and dark. The cold, wet night ends with 1 daughter missing and Cheryl stabbed to death.

I have always liked the setting for this series. There is something ominous about Mount Chester. It’s a place ripe with legends, family secrets and small-town gossip with enough drama. In this case, there are rumors of the super natural. A first-born daughters legend hovers like a dark cloud on the case. Kay has to rely on her detective skills, evidence and good instincts to figure out what exactly is going on amidst all the rumors and legends.

I have always enjoyed the characters in this series. I am not usually a fan of romance but I am intrigued by the direction that Kay and Elliot’s relationship is taking. I like that it wasn’t insta-love and feelings have been kept aside at work. They both are great characters though. It might be interesting to see them get together as long as it doesn’t change the work dynamics because they are such a great team.

This is an interesting case. It’s the kind of case that will have you guessing from the first to the last chapter. What happened to Cheryl? Who took Julie? Why did certain events take place? Are there spirits in Mount Chester? I was surprised by the reveal and the dramatic ending. What a great installment to a great series! I can’t wait to find out what lies ahead for this team.
Third in the series featuring detective Kay Sharpe,works as a standalone but better if you know the back story. Full of twists and turns this story moved quickly and scarily,secrets must be uncovered before we discover all.
AWESOME third installment of the Kay Sharpe series which are all well written with great characters & lots of suspense to keep you guessing  throughout.  Leslie is a new author for me & I really enjoy all books in this series.  RECOMMEND all totally & eagerly await her next installment.  Thanks to NetGalley & Bookouture for this ARC in return for my honest review.
‘The Angel Creek Girls’ by Leslie Wolfe is the third novel to feature Detective Kay Sharp of the fictional Mount Chester, Northern California Police Department. It can be read as a standalone easily.
Kay is called out to a murder scene and finds a woman dead on the floor with her young daughter curled up against her. At first, they think the child is dead also but luckily she is alive and just not willing to let her mum go.
As she searches the house Kay finds her sister upstairs and understands the girls will need careful handling with what they seem to have witnessed. It soon becomes clear that their older teenage sister is missing. Kay and her partner Elliot are on the case to try to find her. As they investigate Kay learns of a strange local legend about first daughters being taken and discovers many cases of kidnappings and disappearances similar to the one they are investigating in the present day going back more than fifty years. This leads to a truly upsetting discovery that breaks your heart.
A story that is dark and disturbing, with hidden secrets that are eye-opening. The twists are placed just right to make an impact. I have read the books in this series and it is a series that keeps the mystery and intrigue along with the pace right up there.
Another great instalment featuring Detective Kay Sharp and I am looking forward to her next outing.
Thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for my place on the tour and the gifted copy of the book.
Now, here's and author that always steals my sleep!!! I am so glad I didn't have anything planned for the next day!!! The Angel Creek Girls by Leslie Wolfe is the third book in the Detective Kay Sharp series and what another cracking read this book was. Leslie's books have all been written that will have you gripped from the very first few pages. They are loaded with great twists and turns throughout, this book was so addictive It kept me up all night and I did not want it to end. This is the best book in this series so far. Looking forward to the next book.

I highly recommend this Detective Kay Sharp series they have been excellent!

Big thank you to the author Lesley Wolfe, Bookouture and Netgalley for the digital copy of this crime fiction. Read and reviewed voluntarily.
Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. This is the third book in the Detective Kay Sharp series but all books can be read as standalones.

This case was a weird one. It always astounds me how some serial killers go unnoticed for so long. I think as a Brit it's harder for me to understand the vastness of America and the technology needed to notice the patterns over such a large area.

I liked the different POVs and the chapter titles. If you are a regular reader of my reviews then you know that this is a feature I always love.

The story was tense from beginning to end. I think the weather really helped to add to the tension. I always find I want to hide away from the world when there are storms or torrential rain.

Leslie does an excellent job of keeping you guessing from the beginning. There is lots of action for those that enjoy that but also a lot of twists and turns.

This was a thrilling ride and I can’t wait to see what happens next with Detective Sharp.
A mothers love knows no bounds.

I was drawn to this book as I have read the previous two books in the series which I enjoyed so reading book three was a no brainer for me and it didn't disappoint.

This book is set in two time lines the past and the present which adds depth to the story and told from, various points of view.

Great character assignation with a vivid description and detail throughout and a depth of research seem in the police procedural writing.

A tense compelling read action packed and full of drama another great addition to this compelling series.
The Angel Creek Girls (Detective Kay Sharp Book 3) by Leslie Wolfe

📓Genre: Mystery | Thriller | Suspense
Star: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

🔖 This book is the first I've read from this author. With this being the third in the series, I'm sure I've missed out some information about the primary characters, specially the protagonist, Detective Kay Sharp. But even as a standalone novel, I had no problem connecting with the story.
🔖The case presented has two gruesome sides – one of murder of a widowed mom, Cheryl Coleman, and the other being the abduction of her eldest daughter, Julie.
🔖With the primary witnesses being two shocked minors (Cheryl's younger daughters), Sharp realizes catching the perpetrator will be immensely challenging to say the least.
🔖The sinister air of suspense that hangs through out the story is really well-crafted and the twisty tale is full of shocking surprises.
🔖I particularly liked Kay Sharp. She is a brave, intelligent and dedicated officer – a character that very efficiently shoulders the responsibility of being the protagonist.
🔖Having really enjoyed this mystery, I'll surely look forward to the next by the author.

🔸Final Verdict: Good
🔸Book Cover: Does justice to the genre
🔸Writing Style: Intriguing
🔸Character Development: Good

✨Many thanks to Bookouture (Publisher) and Netgalley for sending me the ARC in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

#TheAngelCreekGirls #NetGalley #arc #bookreview
This is a new author for me. I was gripped from the start. It’s clear after only a few pages that something very sinister is going on. Cheryl is packed and ready to leave. She knows someone is coming for them and they need to be gone. Who? Why? Julie has grown up with her mother’s paranoia and thinks it’s all just nonsense until someone comes to the door and darkness enters their lives. The book is told from different narrative points of view as Kay and her team try to solve Cheryl’s strange murder and discover if it’s linked to the body of a man, shot to death, found on the interstate not far from the crime scene. As the investigation gets going, Kay learns of a strange local legend about first daughters being taken and discovers many cases of kidnappings and disappearances similar to Julie’s going back more than fifty years. Just what the hell is going on in the town Kay grew up in?
Loved this one. A stunningly written, fast paced, addictive read. One that completely transported me and kept me guessing to the end. This author is quite something and This book is her best yet. Don't miss this one.
This author is an elite angler, casting the rod with a hook of an atmospherically tense opening and reeling you in. Before you know it you are flapping about on the deck like a fish out of water and wondering if you will get back to the water or end up on a plate for dinner.

Questions, questions, questions. Who was at the door? Why were they planning to leave? What do they want with her daughter? That was only after the first chapter.

Book three in the Detective Kay Sharp series but can be read as a standalone this is another inspired crime for Kay to solve and yet again the clock is ticking. With partner Eliot assigned to another case Kay is on her own but with her particular set of skills as a behavioural analyst she’s the best chance of getting information from the two young girls found at the scene of the murder.

I really can’t fault this series, there’s even a little will they won’t they to keep romance readers happy and the author frequently comes out with stuff that puts a smile on my face even when reading about the darkest of topics. I mean her description of a cop “The wheel was turning with that cop, but the hamster was dead” is just sheer genius.

With the tightest of plots and subplots, fantastically researched police procedures and a protagonist that is a strong and intelligent woman with a real gritty determination makes this a series that’s at the top of the game.
Detective Kay Sharp is investigating the murder of a single woman and the abduction of her teenage daughter.  The youngest child is lying with her mother on the floor, thankfully still alive.  She's 4 years old.  The 8-year-old daughter is found under a bed, clutching a telephone for all  its worth.  They are both deeply in shock.  One is almost comatose, the other can only say "monster".

When Kay finds three suitcases lined up in the hallway, it’s clear that the family were about to run away. But why? And who were they trying to escape?

It takes a woman with Alzheimer's and cataracts to tell Kay the horrifying truth about their  small community and the evil it is hiding.

The suspense started on the very first page with a well thought-out plot and story line.  It's full of action as Kay investigates and slowly secrets are revealed.  Told mostly by Kay, there are alternate chapters as the readers learn what is happening with the abducted daughter and what her captor  plans for her.   Empathy oozes out of the pages when it comes to the young girls who witnessed such a tragedy.  Overall, the characterizations are solid and credible.  The ending is surprising and totally unexpected.  Although 3rd in the series, this can be read as a stand alone, but I highly recommend starting at the beginning.  This is a terrific crime series!

Many thanks to the author / Bookouture / Netgalley for the digital copy of this crime fiction.  Read and reviewed voluntarily, opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
BLOG TOUR REVIEW

Review for 'The Angel Creek Girls' by Leslie Wolfe.

Read and reviewed via NetGalley for Leslie Wolfe, Bookouture publishers and Bookouture anonymous

Publication date 19th August 2021.

This is the second book I have read by this author. This is the third book in the 'Detective Kay Sharp' series but can be read as a standalone. I have previously read 'Beneath Blackwater River' which is the second book in the series and which I also recommend.

I was originally drawn to this book by its beautiful eye catching cover and its intriguing synopsis and title. The synopsis stated that 'Fans of Lisa Regan, Robert Dugoni and Kendra Elliot will be addicted to this twist-filled page-turner.' I am a huge fan of Kendra Elliot so am looking forward to seeing if this lives up to this statement. I am also a huge fan of Leslie Wolfe and if this is half as good as 'Beneath Blackwater River' it is sure to be a page turning read. I must admit I was also biased due to the publisher being Bookouture. I have yet to read a book published by Bookouture  that I haven't enjoyed. Hopefully this won't be the first... Watch this space! (Written before I started reading the book).

This novel consists of 54 chapters. The chapters are short to medium in length so possible to read 'just one more chapter' before bed...OK, I know yeah right, but still just in case!

This book is based in Mount Chester, Canada 🇨🇦.

This book is written in third person perspective with the main protagonists being Detective Kay Sharp, Detective Elliot Young, an unsub and Julie. The benefits of third person perspective especially with multiple protagonists are that it let's you see the bigger picture of what's going on and you get to know more characters more, what they are thinking and what they are doing. It feels like you get to see the whole picture and not miss out in anything.

'The Angel Creek Girls' discusses some topics that may trigger some readers or may not be suitable for others. I like to point this out ahead of time in my reviews so you can judge if this book is for you or not. In this book Leslie discusses/includes kidnapping and murder.

It is set over multiple time lines. When books show what has happened in the past and what is happening in the present I find it really helps the reader (if it is well done) understand why things are happening and what has lead to the present activities and decisions. It also shows the bigger picture.

Wow!!! Another absolutely page turning psychological thriller!!!! Extremely well written with vivid descriptions it also contains some chapters that take you back to the past so you can see what previously happened to lead to everything.

Although this book is the third book in the series it can be easily read as a standalone which is what I did. I will however be reading the first book which is called 'The Girl From Silent Lake' as I loved this one and the second one 'Beneath Blackwater River' . This book wasn't just one storyline but several cases going on together. It was very well written so that it didn't confuse readers even though there was so much going on. It kept be completely on the edge of my seat biting my nails waiting for the next twist, of which there was many. The storyline is realistic, compelling and addictive. I was completely shocked not just once but several times and would not have guessed any of it so a huge well done to Leslie as it is getting harder and harder to surprise me and there's nothing worse than working everything out before 50%. The story ended perfectly and there were no strings left hanging, everything was explained and wrapped up nicely. Another pet hate of mine is when something is mentioned in a book and then it seems to have been forgotten about. There was only a couple of niggles at the beginning. Wouldn't she have searched whole room from top to bottom rather than just walking in to get something? Also at the start the crime scene techs missed way too much. However that was just a small niggle and I still lived the book.

The fact that Leslie had done her research on police procedurals shined through and I was intrigued to learn about the statute of limitations. Another well done on doing research as again it really puts me off a book when the author hasn't done any research and so many simple mistakes are made.

I love that there is a strong female lead and the fact that Kay is not only a Detective but a forensic psychologist also is fansicnating. It gives the reader the best of both worlds with her. I loved that Kay is a string kick butt woman but also empathetic and caring and I enjoyed watching her relationships with her brother, Elliot, Doc Whitmore and others. She is very intellectual and has a great personality. I love the fact that we get to read her thought processes while she was asking herself questions and going through theories. I really enjoyed Elliot's character also and found him to be caring while professional, friendly and fun. I also found some of his sayings hilarious which I have included below. I also loved Doc Whitmore who is the pathologist who has such a compassionate and caring personality. There is excellent dynamic in the team and its interesting to find out more about each of the characters. I really cannot wait to meet them all again in what promises to be a page turning explosive series.

Leslie Wolfe congratulations on what promises to be an extremely successful series and I'd like to welcome you to my favourite author list. I would love to see this turned into a movie and I eagerly await the next book and to meet the gang again.

Overall an absolutely addictive, compelling page turner that will shock you over and over again!!

Some of my favourite quotes\sayings in this book include the following:

😂 "Buzzard bait"
😂 "Turd floater"
😂 "You could find a Whisper in a whirlwind"
😂 "The wheel was turning with that cop but the hamster was dead" and many more!!!!

Genres covered in this novel include Psychological Thriller, Mystery, Police Procedural, Suspense and Thriller amongst others.

I would recommend this book to the fans of the above as well as fans of Lisa Regan, Carol Wyer, Robert Dugoni, Angela Marsons, Kendra Elliot and anyone looking for a book that will shock you.

352 pages.

This book is just £1.99 to purchase on kindle via Amazon or free on kindle unlimited which I think is an absolute bargain for this book!!!

Rated /5 (I LOVED it ) on Goodreads, Instagram, Amazon UK and Amazon US and on over 30 Facebook pages plus my blog on Facebook.

Feel free to add me on Goodreads or follow me on my website or Facebook for more reviews

#TheAngelCreekGirls #Bookouture  #LeslieWolfe #NetGalley #BookReview #BlogTour #BooksOnTour
@LeslieWolfe  @Bookouture @Bookworm1986 @bookworm86

This book opens with the tragic death of Cheryl Coleman, mother of three girls. The four-year-old was found lying in her mother's blood, the eight-year-old is in shock and the sixteen-year-old is missing. Detective Kay Sharp has to get over her shock in order to locate the missing girl and to discover whoever murdered their mother. With Kay’s previous skills as a former FBI agent and behavioral analyst, she feels that she can get information out of the children once they get sufficient rest. More than that, Kay takes a very protective stance towards them.

The story shifts to a creepy, unnamed narrator who is talking to the "Mother" and is preparing to make a sacrifice. Will Julie, the 16-year-old, be the latest victim? Meanwhile, Kay’s partner Elliot Young has been assigned another case and is desperate to solve it. Could these cases possibly be connected despite how completely different they are at first glance?

This chilling story hit the ground running, continued at warp speed, and ended with a thrilling conclusion. The Angel Creek Girls is the third book in an exciting story. While mostly covering the cases that Kay has, her personal life peeks through. She is a strong protagonist, one who thinks on her feet and works with a great team no matter how difficult the case. I am eager for the next book in the series, and one of the things I have been enjoying in the strong connection between Kay and Elliot. I am excited to see where that goes.

Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.
Cheryl Coleman, a widow and dental hygienist, has been brutally stabbed while trying to protect her eldest daughter from being abducted by an intruder. In the fracas, 16-year-old Julie is taken though the other children are still in the house. The following morning their neighbour calls the police and Kay Sharp together with her colleague, Detective Elliot Young is sent to investigate. They discover 8-year-old Heather and 4-year-old Erin with their mother’s body. Erin is found curled up beside her mother’s corpse in a pool of blood, but she is alive. Heather, hiding under a bed, is unable to explain what happened, and Erin will only say that there was a monster in the house, so Kay knows she is going to have her work cut out to piece together what happened.

This third book in Leslie Wolfe's Detective Kay Sharp series was certainly not a disappointment! It is told from various points of view; primarily from Kay's and Elliot’s, with some chapters from Julie and her captor. Kay and Elliot make some intuitive deductions all the while judging what information is relevant or superfluous. They are skirting their mutual attraction and both are superb characters with history but aren't completely shaped by it.

I love Leslie Wolfe's writing style and found it hard to tear myself away from this book. I am really excited to read more in this series going forward. It was a pleasure to read The Angel Creek Girls, complete with its terrific, tense final showdown and I highly recommend it.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Bookouture via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for allowing me to read this Arc.
Absolutely brilliant!!! This, third in the series, is absolutely brilliant!! I was kept on the edge of my seat throughout, literally!! Make sure you keep the lights on and don't be feint hearted because there will be thrills and chills!! I can't wait for the next one. Well worth five stars!!
Leslie Wolfe's Kay Sharp Series keeps getting stronger and stronger with each novel... and I thought the first book was fabulous! Kay Sharp is drawn to a young girl whose mother was murdered in their home, and her oldest sister is no where to be found. The relationship Kay develops with Heather as she seeks answers, as well as hunts for Julie is incredible. This is a fantastic book!
A widowed mother is killed protecting her teenage daughter from being taken.
An elderly neighbor sees the spirits coming to steal Julie.
And two little girls are left, in shock, waiting for the police to come help.
Kay and Elliot continue to dodge their attraction, while investigating the Cathy's violent death, desperately search for missing Julie and somehow get two little girls to recover enough to give them leads.
Leslie Wolfe never fails to deliver - I have been a huge fan for years, and have bought copies of her books for friends and family.
This fast paced thriller kept me up late, biting my nails from the suspense and gasping out lout in shock.