Cover Image: Summer at the Vineyard

Summer at the Vineyard

A bit slow going to start with but found I soon got into the story and enjoyed the book, good characters and set in a beautiful country what more could you want, had a few laugh out loud moments throughout the book,didn't quite expect the amount of frisky business to be honest but overall a good read
Summers not over yet! I don’t know about you, but I still love soaking up every last bit of the beautiful summer weather and this book allows the reader to do that in the beautiful south of France and also has a bit of mystery to the mix as well! This one was adorable! Jenna was such a fun character to get lost in!

The perfect beach read, sizzling with sun and fizzing with flirtation!

Jenna Jenkins needs to get away. She's been unceremoniously sacked from her job and it's make or break time with her boyfriend Angus, so a summer job at the beautiful Chateau Montmorency in the south of France seems like the perfect solution.

Planning the party of the century, dining out with suave Frenchmen, and giving in to a little temptation among the vines are all in a day's work... but is there a secret lurking in the chateau cellars?
Out of a job and feeling a bit pressured by living in a tiny flat with her boyfriend, Jenna decides to take up the offer of a summer job in a beautiful chateau and vineyard in the south of France. She's the maid of honour for her friend's wedding that is to be held in the chateau and that makes it even more important for her to be there.

But something goes amiss and she needs rescuing! And then comes a familiar figure to help her. Who is he?

While the premise of the book was good - a lighthearted romance set in wonderful, sunny France, I just couldn't get into it completely.
I found this a bit of a strange book. The character of Jonty seemed to suddenly change, the hero was absent for the large part of it, the main character didn't really seem to like her supposed friends, and it all ended a bit abruptly as though the word count was complete, so the author just didn't bother with any more. It could have been so much more, I think.
I absolutely love rom com/ chick lit books. I mean what's not to love, romantic storylines, a will they won't they tossle, funny laugh out loud moments, a uplifting book that will make you smile from ear to ear. All this plus great characters, great settings and the ability to take you away from all the mess and worry in the world at the moment can be found inside this book. Loved it.
Set in beautiful France this book makes the perfect summer holiday read. It's nice and gentle read with a dash if romance. If you are a people person and love leisurely reads then this is perfect for you.
I did enjoy this novel by the end but the start was a little slow for me. The location did sound idyllic however and I liked the main character
Summer at the Vineyard by Fliss Chester

This book had a lot of potential but alas that was as far as it went . Slow going and there was too much going on.

I kept hoping for more but it didn’t happen though there were some humorous bits atounnd but to few and far between.

Unfortunately promised great things but didn’t deliver for me. A disappointing read 2.5/5
I read other books by Fliss Chester and throroughly enjoyed them. Unfortunately this one is quite slow and the story didn't keep my attention.
Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Well I really tried with this book, it is so slow, read up to  chapter 11 and still not much happening, sorry I need a faster pace. Not for me sorry.
I received an advance copy of, Summer at the Vineyard, by Fliss Chester.  I could not get into this book, I really tried but this book is not for me.