Cover Image: Rebel Girls Champions

Rebel Girls Champions

Another great addition to the rebel girls collection. I really enjoy these books and the women that they showcase. I always love seeing these bad ass women who have helped shape the world.
I just realised that I never submitted feedback on this! Again, it's rebel girls. I had a blast. It was wonderful and educational and powerful as always.
Rebel Girls has made a name for itself by creating bright, colourful books which highlight the accomplishments or marginalized individuals who have made an impact on our world. While the stories of these amazing people don’t go into a lot of detail, they are a great way to introduce children to an array of greatness. This volume feels rushed, though, as though there was an attempt to capitalize on the Olympics. There aren't as many individuals listed, and many of those are included in previously published Rebel Girls books.
I shared this book with my younger sister and we both really enjoyed learning all about the fantastic female athletes through the years. Although I knew or had heard of a few of them already, it was great watching my sister find out about all of these strong, unique women. Another brilliant Rebel Girl book.
Rebel Girls Champions is a book that we all needed. I feel women's sports and women athletes never get the attention and recognition they deserve. Be it Cricket, Tennis, Hockey, Football or any other sport for that matter. While the men's team always end up bagging the best tv ads and sponsorship deals, no government ever thinks to invest in the women's sports teams or women playing that sport.

Having said that, this book was a breath of fresh air. Rebel Girls Champions gives us the story of 25 brilliant women athletes who should be hailed as heroes, nothing less. The unimaginable strength of these women and their indomitable spirit is inspiring.

The illustrations and the stories were perfect and I wanted more in the end. This is a book that's perfect for children and I won't stop recommending this for your little one & you.
Rebel Girls books are some our favourite books. My daughter is so inspired by the people she reads about. She has chosen women from the books to written school projects on. l will recommend these books to anyone who will listen.
I loved this book and highly would recommend it and the reason why was because all the amazing illustrations and stories. I got to learn more about many people I know and don't know about thanks to this book. I gave it five stars because this book was epically awesome.
This is a cute shortened version of the main "Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls" series that focuses specifically on athletes and gives us the stories of twenty-five different ones. There's a variety of types of athlete and women from around the world are featured. I usually prefer the historical stories and a lot of these stories were young women at the heights of their careers, but I still enjoyed learning about them all, especially the ones I was less familiar with. Recommended!
My daughter absolutely loves these books. She has the full series and eagerly awaits their publication. The stories are entertaining and engaging; easily understandable without being babyish. Proper role models for modern girls.
Another fantastic read all about Rebel Girls! Thank you so much NetGalley for sharing these amazing stories with me.
As with the other collected versions of the Rebel Girls stories, this would be an excellent gift for any burgeoning young feminist. The brand has perfected its aesthetic and storytelling style and does a great job providing quick introductions to women throughout history. This volume is no exception and I like this collection's theme.
I received an eARC copy from Rebel Girls via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This instalment in the Rebel Girls series brings us short and sweet essays on magnificent female athletes and champions. I was positively surprised to see that it included the achievements of the 2021 Olympic Games in Tokyo, keeping its stories up to date. The book shows how determination and perseverance bring wins and positive results in the end. Dedication and commitment take us to our goals, just like Rebel Girls Champions: 25 Tales of Unstoppable Athletes paves the way for future young athletes and their success in sport and life. Lead and inspire!
Essays on different female athletes and champions from many countries. Wonderful and inspiring. Short and to the point. This is a good way to get the younger reader interested in athletics and to research more on the athletes mentioned.

So glad that The Rebel Girls series exists.

Note: I received an advance copy from NetGalley. So glad that I did. I had heard about the series, but had not read any of the books before. I would like to read more of the books and would recommend them to young readers.
Another amazing book from the Rebel Girls gang. My 9 year old absolutely loved this. She is big into sport so really enjoyed reading about female sports stars. Will definitely add to our collection.
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Rebel Girls Championss is a children's picture book that contains biographies of 25 unstoppable female athletes from all different backgrounds and sports.  The book contains full-color illustrations as well as 1-2 page informational text excerpts.  I would guess that the grade-level that this book targets would be between 5th-6th grade.

Overall, this book has a very important message.  It's so important to tell young girls about all of the possibilities open to them and to encourage them to pursue their dreams.  Often, when books include biographies of "heroes" or "famous people," they're almost always all men. The Rebel Girls series of books is incredible, because they show young girls everywhere they can follow their dreams and be successful.  If you're intrigued by the description, I highly recommend that you check out this book when it comes out in March!
Of all the Rebel girls books I've read so far, this is definitely the most inspirational. The people in this book have defied incredible odds to achieve their goals and it can show you that anyone can do anything. I haven't heard of most of these people and I think that this is so important for people to read.
Thank you, Rebel Girls, Inc. for the copy.

I feel this book specifically from the Rebel Girls series be read more more so because we girls face this discrimination towards us when it comes to sports, not only from the males but also from the women in our lives. It's really frustrating to see the same thing not changing much over the years and girls are still discriminated when it comes to games and sports. We need more of these real life stories which tell girls everywhere around the world not only to face difficulties when they want to take part in sports but also on how to never give up on their dreams. Love this collection so much! Need another one on the same title but with another set of amazing athletes.
I love the story story inspirational informative format. Great for research lessons, mini read aloud and realixing how much potential we have.
I love this kind of books. And I love sports. So, of course, I loved this book. And I think that this is one of the most necessary ones of the collection, because still nowadays, women have lots of fewer rights in sports. For example, in Spain, women football (or soccer, as they call it in the USA) is not considered to be professional. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done. And so does this book. I really recommend it for little girls, for little boys, for parents and for anyone that is interested in sports or loves stories.
An edition of Rebel Girls Champions is dedicated to all women of any religion or race to never give up on their dreams. Sport is not only for men. Women can and should join as well, not only for leisure, but also to be able to compete in any competition alongside with men.

My favourite story of the book was about Michelle Kwan who was a Figure Skater. The reason being is that I admire her for coming up from not a privileged background when her parents had to have multiple jobs to be able to provide sufficient income for the household. Yet to her, it did not matter because she’d rather to focus on her ability to skate well than to wear fancy dress.

A common theme for Rebel Girls books are illustrations with vivid colour scheme which I absolutely adored.

This book would be a perfect gift for any girl who likes any type of sport to remind her that there is nothing what can stop her from achieving big goals in the sports industry.

With thanks to NetGalley and especially to Rebel Girls for an electronic ARC in return for an honest review.