Cover Image: Dirty Birds

Dirty Birds

Great audiobook, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for letting me access an advance copy of this publication in exchange for my honest feedback.
This book follows Milton Ontario from Bellybutton to the bright lights of Montreal.

It’s quirky, funny and observational. I learned a lot about Canada.
The narrator did a great job with the characterisation of the characters.
However, for me it became a little long. I think this is because the book has illustrations and the narrator described each illustration, That took away from the narrative for me in the audiobook format.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Will definitely watch out for this author and narrator in the future.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of the audiobook for an honest review
very funny once i got going, took a couple of attempts to move forward as I wasn't too sure what it was about. The authors observations on a dull life is so descriptive and humorous.Never read this author before but will look out for next book for definite. Thanks to #NetGalley for the audiobook version to review.
I haven't laughed this much since the first time I read "A Confederacy of Dunces". Seriously, this book is laugh-out-loud funny. The protagonist has both the best and the worst luck of anyone in literature. He bumbles his way into and out of trouble like nobody's business. And the quirkiness of not only Canadian life, but the life of a non-French-speaking Canadian in French-Canadian territory is superb.