Cover Image: Sing For Me

Sing For Me

Sing For Me is the second installment in this series. I have enjoyed each of them.  Even though they can be read as standalones, I believe the reader will have more enjoyment if they read the books in order.

In this book, lead singer, Blu meets his mother's next door neighbor and is instantly smitten.  The problem is that she doesn't respond to him the way women usually do, so he's not quite sure how to woo her.  However, that ends up being a good thing in the long run.  Ashleigh challenges Blu and makes it clear she doesn't just want to be another one night stand.  She's not that type of girl.

I really enjoyed how their relationship evolved and watching them fall for one another.  It was a sweet story - - albeit still quite steamy.  This definitely adds strength to the overall series as we continue to add characters and their stories.

Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC.  I voluntarily chose to review it and the opinions contained within are my own.
I really liked Blu & Ashleigh, they had such cute/funny banter! I just felt that the progression from "frenemies" to dating happened so quick. Blu goes from sharing groupies with his band mates to a committed relationship in the blink of an eye. I wish we got to see more of his internal deliberation and growth into only wanting to be with Ash. Very steamy read!
Ashleigh Baker is just the normal girl next door. She enjoys gardening, reviewing music, and spending time with her neighbor Diane. When Diane's son comes home for the summer Ashleigh is shocked because it is none other than Blu Connolly from her favorite band Balefire. While the band is on break for the summer, the two start spending a lot of time together. Even though Ashleigh is a huge fan of Blu and the band Balefire, she's very hesitant to let herself get closer to him knowing his bad boy/player reputation. And Blu never intended to spend his whole summer off of tour at his mother's house gardening but here he is.
This book is told in dual POV which I love. I am very excited about this rockstar romance series. I can not wait to see all of the other members find their ladies and get knocked off their feet.
*this was sent to me via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
This was my first rockstar romance and my god it was good. The author makes you feel all the emotions. I loved reading about Blu and Ash falling for each other and I loved how Ash tried to not fall for him. And the steam was top notch. Only thing I did not like was how little we saw of Diane
This was different from what I was expecting I knew this was a romance going into it but there was a strange darkness to this which I actually really weird I thought it was really good the characters were great the interactions with great the scenes was absolutely brilliant and I would definitely recommend
I read this in one day!  Main characters were well developed and likable. Really enjoyed the relationship building.  The author took her time developing the relationship which made it much more believable.
I thought I would love this book, but personally I just love fantasy genre books more… still a good read.
I thought that this was an excellent story and I loved this book!

The characters were strong and really well developed with some great interaction between them – I really enjoyed getting to know them as the book progressed and I flew through the pages, it was a really active story and such a page turner!!

It was very well written and it had a great flow to it – it was a book that I did not want to put down, I was completely drawn in by the story.

It was romantic and sexy read – the characters were made for each other

It is 5 stars from me for this one – very highly recommended!
Love Rockstar Romance and this one was no exception. Great storyline and world-building. I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.
Book two in the Balefire series. You meet Blu Connolly and Ashleigh Baker this time round. He’s a harden rockstar with an equally wild past. She’s a substitute teacher, who’s also a music reviewer who has a passion for gardening. She lived in the house she rented next door to his mother’s house. They met when he rolls up to his mother’s house revving up his Harley, late one night announcing his arrival. Mind you, that was not a good impression for a first meeting, but then again, he had no idea, she was even there. Eventually they got around to getting to know one another. It had fun, spice, some suspense and some dicey characters, who may or may not, get a lesson or end up in a coffin. It was an enjoyable read and you’ll enjoy it so when you get a chance pick up a copy and enjoy.
This second book in the series was just as engaging as the first .Ashleigh , a music reviewer, becomes acquainted with the rock singer Blu who is on hiatus and is an incomparable womanizer. Ashleigh struggles to uphold her values and ideals under the constant , relentless assault launched by Blu to be with her. Though the odds were against Blu, his goal-setting and persistence proves that odds can be beaten. Their attraction to each other is more powerful  than their individual strengths. Even so, while  it was difficult to comprehend the sincerity and immediacy of Blu's feeling, the flow of events and descriptive emotions helps to convince you where his head and heart are at. Once again the battle between true love and opposing factions comes to a conclusive end. This was well written, entertaining and a page turner. Thanks Netgalley for allowing me this ARC.
Ashleigh Baker, waiting for her big journalism break, takes a job substitute teaching and rents a small house with a nice size lot to garden, one of her favorite past times.  Soon she discovers that she has moved in next to the mother of her rockstar crush, Blu Conolly, leads singer of Balefire.  The chemistry between the two of them is raging hot when they finally meet, but Ashleigh isn't into being a groupie or summer fling for Blu, so she turns him down.  Blu, determined that Ashleigh is the one, commits to convincing her they are meant to be.

I loved Sing for Me even more than the first installment in this Balefire series, Play for Me, which is saying something, because I devoured that one.  Blu is such a good guy behind all that sex, drugs & rock & roll persona.  Ashleigh is a strong female lead who knows what she wants and stands up for it.   Their chemistry together is perfect.  Romance is a major genre of this novel, along with some great suspense and adventure, so be prepared to enjoy the ride!
Sing for Me

3.5/5 stars

I had to sit on this one for a little bit before sitting down to write a review and choose a rating.

I enjoyed this book; it went by super quickly and was fast paced.

This book is told from the dual perspectives of the two main characters – a normal everyday girl who is a music reviewer along with Blu, who is the lead singer of the band Balefire. Ashleigh just happens to be Blu’s mom’s next-door neighbour who has a bit of a dislike of Blu’s reputation when he comes to visit between tours.

It’s a cute frenemies to lovers romance, that could have fulfilled all of my teenage falling-in-love-with-my-favourite-bands-lead-singer fantasies, but I was left slightly disappointed overall with it.

When everyone says it’s fast paced, they mean that it is *fast* paced. It starts, and then it’s just something after something after something. There’s never a real break in the story, and honestly, some of it was a little confusing because of the way the author chose to write it. There were key moments that were totally skipped over (Blu and Ashleigh’s first kiss? The major event towards the end?) and mentioned only in passing or looking back.

It almost seems like the author didn’t want to write the major things that happen, and just wanted to focus on the everything is happy in the end without including the real drama that clearly happened but was never explained. Not to mention the ending seemed to happen way to quickly, I wish it had been dragged out more to get more of the drama, tension, and heartbreak that would have made it all so much better in the end.

Overall, it was a good read, it was fun and cute – not as steamy as I thought it was going to be, but it was still super enjoyable.
NetGalley
Sing for me - Tam DeRudder Jackson (@TamsTales32)
Balefire Series (2)

Thank you to @NetGalley and Tam DeRudder Jackson for the ARC of this eBook to read & Review!
Oh wow! This was a great read. The sexual tension between our two main characters is hot, lust filled and passionate.
Blu is a bit of a player but endearingly he finds himself drawn to Ashleigh.
Ashleigh is a big fan of Balefire but knows all about the fuckboy rockers’ notorious reputation with the opposite sex and is, understandably, reluctant to let Blu into her heart.
I love these characters and the way that the perspective shifts from one to the other leaves the reader knowing what each is thinking.
Great ending and I do love a book with a play list :D
Now I need to go read \"Play for me\" and patiently await \"Wild for me\" to be released!
4 stars
3.5 stars

It’s very easy to read book and follows on well from the first book. The connections between the four band members was really good, the scenes where they rehearse felt very insightful. And felt so accurate.

However I didn’t get enough insight into Blu and Ashleigh’s feelings and why they acted as they did. It was a bit frustrating.  There was a major upset with a secondary character I didn’t think this was well handled by Blu.
This was a really fun romance. Blue made me actually laugh out loud and the fact that Ashleigh was a normal everyday girl made the story so much better. The only negative was the ending felt rushed.
Note: I haven't read 1st book so I was little lost on the beggining.
I chosen this book because of the book challenge- rockstar romance- and it was great!

The plot was quite familiar and well known story about rockstar romances- hero is bad boy, lover and has bunch of groupies- and when he returns home he meets (again) his quit neighbour Ashleigh. He falls in love (again) but she isn't sure if this is a real thing- what will happen when another tour starts?

I liked the plot. It was predictable and known- and I like that. :) Story was quick read, without surprises and twists- just like I like it.
This is a great book. The two main characters are Ashleigh and Blu. Blu is a rockstar and Ashleigh is a music reviewer. Blu’s mom is Ashleigh’s neighbor, this how they meet. Ashleigh has read too many stories about Blu’s wild life. Blu is determined to make Ashleigh his girlfriend. They have some problems but work through them and find true love.
The second book in the Balefire series, I did not read the first, but I plan to correct that.  I was not lost; it was a quick read, and I was quickly engaged.

I love rockstar romances, from the cheesy stereotype to the behind-the-scenes.  This story was more towards the latter, we hear of Blu’s reputation, but the author gives us another side to him.  I love that Ashleigh makes him work for a friendship, and even their first meeting is a bust.  The harder Blu tries, the more mistakes he makes.

Ashleigh is the girl next door, literally, to his mother!  I love her moxie, and her efforts not to be affected by Blu.  The chemistry is there. Can she fight it?  Will her heart give in?

Thank you to NetGalley and Warrior Romance Press for the advanced copy; this is my voluntary review.
Sing for Me by Tam DeRudder Jackson was the first book I read by this author and will not be the last.

The story is about Ashleigh and Blu, a huge rockstar and a substitute teacher/music reviewer.  Their exchange right from the beginning was believable, and both characters were easy to fall in love with.  I thought the flow of the book was perfect and extremely well written.

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance, but also loves a good storyline!

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review