Cover Image: Sing For Me

Sing For Me

This is a great book. The two main characters are Ashleigh and Blu. Blu is a rockstar and Ashleigh is a music reviewer. Blu’s mom is Ashleigh’s neighbor, this how they meet. Ashleigh has read too many stories about Blu’s wild life. Blu is determined to make Ashleigh his girlfriend. They have some problems but work through them and find true love.
The second book in the Balefire series, I did not read the first, but I plan to correct that.  I was not lost; it was a quick read, and I was quickly engaged.

I love rockstar romances, from the cheesy stereotype to the behind-the-scenes.  This story was more towards the latter, we hear of Blu’s reputation, but the author gives us another side to him.  I love that Ashleigh makes him work for a friendship, and even their first meeting is a bust.  The harder Blu tries, the more mistakes he makes.

Ashleigh is the girl next door, literally, to his mother!  I love her moxie, and her efforts not to be affected by Blu.  The chemistry is there. Can she fight it?  Will her heart give in?

Thank you to NetGalley and Warrior Romance Press for the advanced copy; this is my voluntary review.
Sing for Me by Tam DeRudder Jackson was the first book I read by this author and will not be the last.

The story is about Ashleigh and Blu, a huge rockstar and a substitute teacher/music reviewer.  Their exchange right from the beginning was believable, and both characters were easy to fall in love with.  I thought the flow of the book was perfect and extremely well written.

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance, but also loves a good storyline!

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Time for a good rockstar romance?  Then check out this book, which centers around the unlikely relationship between a small town substitute school teacher/part-time music reviewer named Ashleigh and the lead singer of a world-famous rock band named Blu Connolly.

As fate would have it, Blu has just finished a world tour and heads home to spend some time with his mother, Diane.  He's intrigued to see that his mother's next door neighbor is no longer the old man he used to play pranks on. Instead, there's a beautiful girl working in the old man's yard, building a flower garden.  Ashleigh is shocked when she realizes that her friend and next door neighbor Diane is the mother of Blu Connolly, the lead singer of her all-time favorite band Balefire.  Ashleigh tries to forget her years-long crush on the handsome singer.  After all, she isn't his typical type of girlfriend -- long, leggy fashion models or actresses.  Neither is she interested in a one-night stand, which seems to be the length of most of his relationships.

Blu is intrigued with Ashleigh  especially since she isn't captivated by his charm and good looks. She isn't throwing herself at him, and that doesn't happen in his world. He naturally wants to find out more about his beautiful neighbor and seeks out ways to get to know her.  When she is fired as a music reviewer for a local music blog, and Blu is partially at fault, he suggests that she go along with the band on their upcoming tour and write a series of articles about the band.  He can arrange for them to be published in a world-famous music magazine, since the publisher is a friend.  Ashleigh is reluctant at first, then excitement at the experience of traveling with her favorite band overrides her reluctance.

Of course, spending time with the band, crew and Blu gives Ashleigh a chance to see Blu's world, and gives them an opportunity to know each other better.  Their attraction grows as they each discover the person underneath their public personas.  (Especially true for Blu.)

I enjoyed the way the author developed the relationship between the two leading characters, turning it from just initial physical reaction into something deeper and more meaningful. I loved seeing some of the sweet things that Blu did for Ashleigh.  And the surprise near the end -- wow!   I wasn't expecting that.  (You'll have to read the book to find out about it; I don't want to spoil it for you.)

A disclaimer/warning: there is some swearing in this book, and some talk about threesomes and a few other sexual acts that might make some people uncomfortable. I guess it's just part of making Balefire seem realistic, especially since they were known for their wild antics and hard partying.

I gave this book 4 stars because the story was compelling enough to keep me turning the pages, even if it meant I pull an all-nighter to finish it! .
Ashleigh has a very normal life. She works as a teachers and music bands reviewer and lives in a small house in Denver. What she doesn't know is that Blu Connolly, the lead singer of Balefire, is her neighbor's son.
Blue is gorgeous, charismatic and seems to be a nice guy but Ashleigh doesn't want to get involve with him. She doesn't want to be just a night in Blu's life. So she is determined to resist him. And Blu is determined to have her.
I really enjoyed this book. Blu made me laugh a lot of times. And I loved that Ashleigh is a normal girl. The end was a little bit rushed but I liked it anyway.
Sing For Me, second book in the Balefire series, but able to be read as a stand alone book, Blu is the lead singer of his band and had everything that comes along with it - sex, booze, and rock-n-roll. While on a hiatus, Blu moves into cbildhood home and meets the girl next door, Ashleigh. She moved a lot as a kid, being the daughter of an Air Force Colonel. She just wants someplace to call home and finds a long-term lease on her place.

When Blu moves in next door, Ashleigh knows who he is right away, but does everything to ignore him. Blu sees her as a challenge and feels chemistry the second he lays eyes on her. This book follows them as Blu continues to tell Ashleigh they are dating and she tries to ignore her feelings. The chemistry is there from the moment they meet and Blu is nothing, if not honest and true to Ashleigh. The chemistry between the band mates shows true friendship as well, and shows that your friends can be your family. I rate this book as 4.5 🌟!

I'd like to say a huge thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
Classic story of wild rockstar boy meets literal girl-next-door.  I really liked this book as I felt the emotional connection between the characters, and not just the physical one.  A great beach read!
Sing for Me is the second book in the Balefire series by Tam DeRudder and I didn't know it before requesting it. On the upside it didn't make a shred of difference to reading the book. I love that.

Ashleigh lives a quiet and fulfilling existence as a teacher and part-time music reviewer/blogger. She loves gardening and is Little Miss Independent. Her next door neighbour happens to be related to Blu Connolly, lead singer of her favourite band Balefire. When Blu takes a break from touring he returns home and makes Ashleigh's acquaintance. While the first meeting doesn't go well, some attraction and interest is there, but Ashleigh intend to have a one and done with Blu so he can leave her broken hearted. Eventually, they find themselves enjoying each other's company, much to Blu's Mum's delight. Alot of the chasing is done by Blu and it's apparent he's not the type of guy who hears no very often.

Ashleigh was a tricky one for me, and I'm not sure what it was. I found her stand-offish nature with Blue refreshing, even though I knew it was the reason for the book. She wasn't playing hard to get for the sake of it, she was in such a quandry about giving her heart over to a rockstar. I wasn't totally sold on Blu's multiple girls one night and then his being totally smitten with Ashleigh the next. I want to know how this transpired for Blu and how he reconciled it. I also found it a little unbelievable that in the 2021 context Blu would pop over the Mama's house for a sleepover then go out for some food, sing a few tunes and not have any paparazzi swarming all over him and his mother's place. Particularly given what eventuates with the rest of the book with Asheligh becoming more involved with the band, it just didn't convince me.

In saying that, I loved the steam factor with some sweatness, and Blu's romantic side. I loved the completeness of the band and the focus on the other bandmates as well as Blu, giving you the sense the band will be around for the long-term and there will be more books in the series with these characters. I felt the drama was a bit unecessary, and the ending could have been managed a tad differently for impact but enjoyed this book nontheless.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me a complimentary kindle version of this book to read and review.
Sing for Me was the first book I have read by this author but it won’t be the last. The story between Blu and Ashleigh was sweet, sassy and sexy. Blu is this mega rockstar and Ash is a substitute teacher who also writes music reviews. She’s a fan of Blus but he doesn’t start out on the right foot with her the night he arrives at his mothers house next door to Ashleighs. I loved how the author turned this constant playboy into a sweetheart.
He actually had to work and prove himself to her that he was truly into her.
Their story melted my heart and I very much enjoyed this read.
SING FOR ME is the second instalment in Tam DeRudder Jackson’s contemporary, adult BALEFIRE erotic, rock star, romance series focusing on the rock group BALEFIRE. This is Balefire’s lead singer Blu Connolly, and part time school teacher/music reviewer Ashleigh Baker’s story line. SING FOR ME can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalment is revealed where necessary .

Told from dual first person perspectives (Ashleigh and Blu) SING FOR ME follows the building romance and relationships between Balefire’s lead singer Blu Connolly, and part time school teacher/music reviewer Ashleigh Baker. Ashleigh Baker is a music reviewer, a big fan of the rock group Balefire, and good friend and neighbour to Balefire’s lead singer Blu Connolly’s mother Diane. With the band on hiatus, Blu returns to his home town to spend a few days with his mother and in doing so meets our heroine, the woman with whom Blu will fall in love but Ashleigh is well aware of Blu’s reputation with woman, and in this, Ashleigh struggles to trust the man with whom she is falling in love. When her career as a music reviewer implodes, Blu invites Ashleigh in Balefire’s new tour, a tour that will see Ashleigh return home with a broken heart, and Blu having no idea what happened or why. What ensues is the building romance and relationship between Blu and Ashleigh, and the fall-out as jealousy and obsession threaten the relationship between our leading couple.

Blu Connolly never intended to settle down but meeting his mother’s neighbour stirs something deep within our storyline hero. Ashleigh is a music reviewer whose career is about to be ripped out from under her until Blu offers Ashleigh the chance of a lifetime, and with it, a chance to grow closer for our leading couple.

The relationship between Blu and Ashleigh is a frenemies to lovers as Ashleigh, albeit a fan, struggles with her attraction to, and Blu’s history as a  ‘love em and leave em’ kind of guy. Refusing to fall for Blu’s attempts to seduce, Ashleigh continues to push away Blu Connolly but the heart wants something the head refuses to accept. The $ex scenes are intimate, erotic and seductive without the use of over the top, sexually graphic language and text.

Once again, we are introduced to the members of Balefire: Adam Tron, and Dakota Perri, and Jack Whitehorse and his fiancé Clio Barnes (Play for Me #1), as well as their manager Garrett Phillips, Blu’s mother Diane, and Rolling Stone reporter Benson Strauss.

SING FOR ME is a story of friendships and relationships, jealousy and betrayal, determination and love.  The fast paced premise is captivating and entertaining; the romance is provocative and intense; the characters are energetic, and sassy but it took several chapters before I warmed up to Ashleigh Baker.

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/sing-for-me-balefire-2-by-tam-derudder-jackson-review-tour/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4196785550

AMAZON. COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3T4VUJWTJPZSK/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B09DNSCNRN

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/3441407024

B&N (Sandy_thereadingcafe) posted: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sing-for-me-tam-derudder-jackson/1139904392?ean=2940165549922&bvnotificationId=09fefe70-0b53-11ec-8d60-0efbc22e8605&bvmessageType=REVIEW_APPROVED&bvrecipientDomain=hotmail.com#review/186507531

Ibooks (Sandy Sch)posted

GOOGLE PLAY (Sandy Sch) posted
Thank you to NetGalley, the Publishers and the Author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

After reading the first book in this series and thoroughly enjoying it, I couldn't resist picking this up straight away. I love a hate to love romance trope, so this story was perfect for me. If you loved book one, Play for Me, you will love going back into the world of the rock band Balefire for book two. Although this book is in a series, it can be read as a standalone, so don't worry too much if you haven't managed to read Play for Me yet!

This book was a steamy, but not too steamy, romance with lots of tension to make you hot under the collar. I loved the wit between the two characters, and could not put down this book. I read this, like the first book, in one sitting and was completely immersed in the world with the author's writing.

In addition to the steamy scenes, there were some really sweet and tender moments between the two love interests, which was really lovely to read. It helped to understand the backstories and rationale behind each love interest, and these moments enabled the reader to have these.

Now I have to try and wait patiently for book three!
“I always wondered what it would feel like to make love while flying through space. Now I know it’s fucking awesome.”

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Happy Monday lovelies!

I received an ARC, “Sing For Me” by Tam Derudder Jackson, and friends it was so darn cute. It’s the second book in the Balefire Series and it did not disappoint. Although I’m not exactly familiar with the first book in this series, there is no doubt I will definitely be rectifying that little misstep soon.

I fell in love with Blu and Ashley. Their chemistry was off the charts, the chase was beyond entertaining, and their love? It was so REAL! I loved that Ashley played a little hard to get, and I loved that Blu was bound and determined to win over her heart at all cost.

So if you want a quick, fun, entertaining read with a hint of spice and sexiness, then I suggest picking up this read!! I can’t wait for Dakota’s story, Wild For Me, coming in November 2021!

“Sing for Me” is available now on Amazon!!
Thank you for allowing me to read and review this book!
I thought this was a cute book and it was a pretty fast read. I did think there could of been a bit more between them however I did enjoy it.
This was my first book by Tam Derudder Jackson and I don’t know how I feel about this book yet.

Tam’s writing overall is good. Everything written has a purpose, there’s no unnecessary chapters or conversation between the two.

I love all enemies to lovers and celebrity romances and I really enjoyed this one. Personally, I would've loved a little more angst or even banter between the two characters. I felt like it was missing a little bit of spark or conflict.

It took me some times to warm up to Ashleigh, she was quick to change her emotions about him, seeing as she was a fan before -but she was even quicker to give him a chance.
Blu, I really enjoyed, but once again, I feel like something was missing. He’s back home for some times, living with his mom, so i can understand taming his playboys way, but we never actually heard him refer to those ‘ways’ or act on it after the first two chapters.

This was an enjoyable quick read.

Thanks to Negalley for my eARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Book is now out!
Sing For Me is a fun romantic romp that you can read and enjoy over a few hours. As a lover of rock star romances it was great to see the famous rocker having to struggle so hard to win the heart of the girl he falls in love with, it is not usually so difficult for most of them!

Ashleigh is the usual type of girl to fall in love a a rock star. She is a quiet and unassuming, a part time teacher and music critic. Her favourite thing to do is to potter around creating a masterpiece in her garden and having lunch with her neighbour Diane who just happens to be the mother of Blu Connolly lead singer of world famous band Balefire. Even though Balefire is her favourite band and she has seen them in concert she never expects to meet her rock idol Blu Connolly until he suddenly arrives late at night on her neighbour's driveway after noisily riding his Harley up the street and she goes out to find out who is making the racket.

Despite the obvious sparks flying between them Ashleigh gives Blu the cold shoulder not wanting to be involved with a rock playboy who will leave soon and break her heart. For Blu Ashleigh is the breath of fresh air that he suddenly needs to stay alive. Their love story has it's ups and downs as Ashleigh fights her attraction to Blu and he continues to mess up reinforcing her first impressions of him. It's a fun read that will make you frustrated, laugh out loud and give you the swoons especially as Blu sings to Ashleigh while they ride his Harley.

A very enjoyable read from a talented new author for me, unfortunately I missed the first book in the series so need to go back to it, but Sing For Me can be read as a standalone.
-very one dimensional women without substance
-every woman in this book was a carbon copy of the other
-unlikable main character who seemed misogynistic
Loved the romance in Sing For Me. It was an easy read and loved how the characters interacted with each other.
3.5 stars
We have a rockstar who goes home to mom when done with his tour and meets her next door neighbour who doesn't want to fall for him. Maybe because I didn't really connect with either of them that it made it harder to buy the hook they had for each other especially hers. Seems like she just went along with everything too easily that I just couldn't relate. A nice read but lacked a bit of spark for me.
I received an advanced copy of this book from Netgalley for my honest opinion.
From the moment I read about Blu in the first book in the Balefire series I was immediately intrigued, and I also felt the same way about Dakota and Adam. All four of the Balefire rockstars own my heart. And the fact Blu has a harley motorcycle makes me so happy.

There is something so amazingly wonderful about these Balefire books that have my heart feeling so happy. The relationship between Blu and his mother, Diane, was so precious. And the relationship that Diane has with Ashleigh as a neighbor is so sweet and lovely. I loved the scene when Diane told Ashleigh about Blu coming home for a while. I honestly would have had the same reaction as Ashleigh did if is was about a band member I was fascinated by in a band I adored. Even if the guy was a playboy.

The romance between Ashleigh and Blu was so good! I couldn't get enough of it. It started out with there being tension between them and them both saying the wrong things to it then accelerating to something hot after countless attempts on Blu's part to woo her in some manner. They became friends after all the time they spent together after Blu continuously kept coming over to see her and help her fix up her house, car, and flower garden. The sexual tension between these two could be cut with a knife. Every time they did something to get on the others nerves it never doused the flame starting to burn inside them for each other. Even when Ashleigh attempted to push him away sometimes they continued to find there way back to each other.

They both found happiness with one another and it's wonderful. Blue went from being a playboy to finding love with an amazing woman. It took him some time to not be startled by feeling something so strong for Ashleigh, and for feeling jealous whenever someone else was making a move at her. I firmly believe there is someone out there for everyone that can completely rock a persons world. Ashleigh is that for Blue just as he is that for her.

I about died when it was revealed at the end of the arc for Sing For Me that the next book in the Balefire series is going to be Dakota's book! I'm so excited to see what happens for this walking one night stand since Blu, who was very much like Dakota in the playboy department, found love and true happiness with one special woman. And the fact the other main character for this book is someone we have already met makes me so happy.

For anyone that loves a motorcycle riding playboy rockstar who is also a mama's boy, a genuinely kind and a bit feisty girl next door, tension to friendship to love kind of romance, and a playboy who wants to throw all his normal actions away to solely focus on one woman you should definitely check out this book.
This book is a quick and light read, but something about the couple didn’t fit just right. She was the girl next door, he’s the rockstar playboy, but there wasn’t a lot of drama for them to overcome and Blu made a switch to monogamy and stability real easy and quick. It just didn’t make sense. But otherwise it was an okay read.