Cover Image: Sing For Me

Sing For Me

Enjoyable, yet somehow it felt unsatisfactory. The beginning and middle were well written and great to read, but the ending felt like it was a little rushed. Though I still liked it nonetheless.
This is the 2nd book in this series of rockstars. I really enjoyed this one. I really enjoy how the female lead has a strong mind and role in her own life. This is a story about the lead singer Blu and his girl next door Ashleigh. She is a writer of music and knows who this guy is next door that comes home to see his mama. She tries to keep things at a distance, but of course her resolve is chipped away. I would definitely recommend this book and look forward to the next one that is coming out.
3 1/2 Stars for this rockstar romance

Blu is the lead singer for the rock band Balefire and he lives up to his rockstar status with a different groupie (or two) every night, When the band goes on hiatus after a tour, Blu goes home to spend time with his mother. When he is introduced to the cute teacher next door, he is attracted to her instantly and will do everything in his power to get her into his bed. Ashleigh's favorite band is Balefire and she's shocked to find out that the lead singer's mother is her neighbour. When she meets Blu, she is drawn to him but doesn't want anything to do with him because she is not a one-night stand kinda girl. Will Blu be able to win Ashleigh over by convincing her that he wants her for more than one night?

Although I liked Blu & Ashleigh ... I just didn't love them. The storyline was good but I found it very predictable ... no surprises or twists and I love to be caught off guard. I did like that the rest of the band took a long time to warm up to Ashleigh, showing that everything was not peaches and cream. I liked the interaction between the characters, but at times I found the banter awkward.

I received an early copy courtesy of Warrior Romance Press through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
I'm usually a big fan of rockstar comes home and redeems himself after a rocky start romances, but I must admit in this case I couldn't quite let myself go along with the redemption of Blu after a pretty yuk showing in the first few pages (or Ashleigh as she starts out being pretty awful too). Neither of the MCs really stood out to me as relatable characters, and I couldn't stop feeling like I just didn't like them. His mum was a lovely character and I enjoyed the gardening, and some of the moments of banter. Plus the steamy moments were good. But I must admit I really struggled to finish it.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is my first read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised.  Although I feel as though this story has been told before by other authors, it was a good story with likeable characters.  At times though, I thought the main character was a bit gullible and should have asked more questions and stood up for herself.  Overall though, I will also read the next book in the series.
I have just finished Sing For Me. I do love a romance novel, but I’m definitely more attracted to rom-coms. However, I fancied a change and requested this book.

The main character, Ashleigh, is a pain. She’s not very likeable, except for exposing her vulnerability around money and trust. On the whole she’s hugely annoying.

Blu, the rock-god, is a member of a world famous rock band. His Mother (Diane) lives next door to Ashleigh. Ashleigh and Diane have a nice friendship and I liked the dialogue and story that resulted between them.

When Blu met Ashleigh she was vile to him. She then dangled him constantly, before pulling away and acting hard done by. Her character was very volatile and inconsistent. Btw, where did her good friend Jaime go?

I actually liked the story and found the steamy elements enjoyable to read. My main gripe with the book is how substitute teacher, and part time music reviewer Ashleigh was all of a sudden the most lusted after female on the planet! Not one male could meet her without telling the room how hot she was *rolling eyes*

I found myself skipping long pages of internal dialogue from Ashleigh. I think this book would work so much better if Ashleigh was a bit more ‘normal’. Every man in the book did not need to want her, nor did they need to state her hotness. Did she really need to move house because she thought she’d been cheated on??

Thank you NetGalley and publisher for my advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review 📚
Sing for me
Blu is the sexy good looking rockstar and he loves his sex, liquor and rock & roll. It’s kind of strange but usually I start off disliking the rockstar not the girl in the story but that’s exactly what happened in this story. Blu’s mom who’s Ashleigh’s next door neighbor and friend wanted to introduce him to her but when his mom asked Blu to go get Ashleigh for lunch she acted like a self righteous ass. I continued to read this book but honestly I wanted to stop right there. So I continued to be tortured with this girl’s bad attitude and honestly even though she’s a pretty girl I don’t know why he’s putting up with this harpy and  at this point I don’t know why I’m putting up with this book. There are pages and pages of internal dialogue in Ashleigh’s head and it’s pretty much the same boring stuff. I’m 60% into the book and I just can’t read anymore of it. Usually every book I request I finish but this book is just boring and I don’t care about either one of these characters.