Cover Image: Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point

Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point

This is book #2 in the Mermaids Point series, and whilst it’s part of a series it can easily be read as a standalone.  We are back in the pretty seaside village of Mermaids Point, and this book focusses on Nerissa Morgan.  We have already met Nerissa in the previous book, and she is the aunt of café owner, Laurie.  Nerissa is also the housekeeper and receptionist of the village’s GP, but finds herself in a worrying situation when Doctor Malcolm announces he wants to retire and move.  Cue Dr Tom Nelson who is a GP in a busy London practice!  Following his wife’s death, he’s finding his work/home life difficult, particularly in looking after his two children.  Could taking over the surgery in Mermaids Point be just what he needs to refocus his and his children’s’ lives. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Another book at mermaids point and I wasn’t disappointed. I love small town romances and mermaids point is quickly becoming one of my fav settings. The characters are fun and relatable and the banter is quick and fun! Highly recommend
Nerissa has lived in Mermaids Point all of her life but her life suddenly seems up in the air as the doctor who she works for as a live in housekeeper is retiring so she could lose her livelihood and home in one fell swoop.  Tom is a recently widowed GP with two young children and decides that the best thing for his family is to make a new start somewhere completely different and Mermaids Point sounds perfect.

A lovely warm book about second chances in life, full of wonderful characters and leaving you with a real feel good vibe.  Perfect beach read
Set in a delightful village on the English shore, Autumn Dreams is a beautiful contemporary romance.

Is it ever too late for a second chance at love? Both the main characters are dealing with the loss of their first love. They certainly weren’t looking for a new relationship, but attraction can not be denied.

The story addresses loneliness, grief, and the effects of loss and sorrow on children and spouses.
A gorgeous second visit to Mermaids Point.
The stories centres around widower Tom and his two kids.
We meet old and new characters, laced with love,  pain, loss, hope, new beginnings, gentle nudges to believe.

Taking chances, long beach walks with the loveable dog and kids Max and Emily.

Sometimes you have to go with what feels right and lay your fears aside.

On another note: I am a leftie too,  I hold my cutlery like a right handed person does.

Made me want to sing that song Crush by Jennifer Paige.
This ended just as it started getting good! It felt like it was just lots of set up and very little pay off. Disappointing.
This is the second book in the series, but Sarah Bennett assured me on Facebook that I could definitely read it as a stand-alone story.

The story is mainly told with a focus on Nerissa, but other than that it reminded me of Everwood which I used to love! City doctor moves to small town with his kids after losing his wife. Only this book is set in the UK and has such a lovely community mainly thanks to Nerissa’s extended family.

I can’t believe it has taken me so long before I finally read a Sarah Bennett book. I loved it! I smiled, I laughed and I honestly also cried. Not just welling up, but literally tears rolling down my cheeks. I was completely caught up in the story and the drama at that point and that can only happen with a truly gifted writer!

What to expect:

✅ lovely setting in a small beach town where everyone knows everyone

✅ gorgeously written characters that you get completely caught up in

✅ dealing with the loss of a loved one and grief

✅ new beginnings & second chances

✅ a wonderful Golden Retriever

✅ family issues and drama

✅ romance

✅ a book to snuggle up with with a warm cup and blanket and forget everything else!
'Autumn Dreams at Mermaids Point': 4⭐

(Unpaid Review: thank you to @netgalley, @sarahbennettauthor and the publishers for allowing me to read this eArc copy in exchange for a review.)

Second chance romances are some of my favorite reads! This book was a perfectly balance between sweet and endearing. Not too smoochy but not too salty either. Just perfect! A beautiful place to lose yourself into!
This was a really good read. Easy story to follow, charming setting and great characters. Really enjoyed it.
Nerissa has lived in Mermaids Point her whole life and as a young woman her dreams were shattered when her fiancé died. She works as a housekeeper for the local GP and is quite settled with her life, her family all live close by and she is popular and well liked by the community. When Doc says that he is going to retire she feels like everything has been pulled from beneath her, her home, Toby the dog she loves and she is bereft again.

Tom is a busy GP in London and is still mourning the loss of his wife and trying to manage looking after his two children Emily and Max . When they get into some bother at school and Tom decides they need a break and that he needs to look at his life as their father and how he supports them.

Tom tells Emily and Max that he is considering taking over the GP surgery and they ask Nerissa if she will stay but then something happens that escalates these changes and Nerissa has to have some heart to hearts with the Doc to find out where her future lies and she is not happy when she thinks she may have been set up.

Both Nerissa and Tom have suffered loss before so will they be able to overcome their fears and find happiness again. I loved Nerissa and I really wanted her to find happiness after such a long time, it was a joy to return to Mermaids Point and revisit some of the characters I had met before.

Warm, cosy and wonderful Sarah’s books are just perfect to hunker down with on a rainy autumn day.

5 Stars *****
I have never read any of Sarah Bennett’s books before but this will have to be rectified- I loved it !
Nerrisa and Toms story, a lovely contemporary romance but so much more .
The book had a fantastic location, brilliantly described, well rounded characters which came alive to the reader. and a plot which sucked the reader in and put real life on hold . The storyline involved two broken people who find each other, though neither is looking for a new relationship.  Add in a fantastic cast of supporting characters and a strong community spirit  and you have an amazing story
I really enjoyed Sarah’s writing style and didn’t want the book to end
One  to remember!
Thank you to Netgalley, Boldwood Books and Sarah for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
I loved the first book in this series, Summer Kisses at Mermaid Point, so I was really excited to read the second book in the series, Autumn Dreams at Mermaid Point, particularly because I was dying to read Nerissa’s story. Having said it is the second in a series, you could definitely read this as a standalone so don’t let that put you off, but I can assure you that you will want to read the other book if you do read this first.

This was such a beautiful story of love after loss/second chance at love, with both Nerissa and Tom having lost the loves of their lives, but finding a mutual spark of attraction that they both tried to ignore, particularly given that Tom moves to Mermaid Point to take over the GP practice, and Nerissa is the housekeeper and secretary for the practice, so she effectively comes with the job and is Tom’s employee. Mermaid Point is such an idyllic location, although stormier as the darker months approach. It was lovely to see some old friends amongst the characters at Mermaid Point, and it didn’t take Tom and his children long to find their feet in such a close and welcoming community.

There were some really funny moments in this book, as well as plenty of emotion, romance and a little smidgen of drama.

This is the perfect book to read snuggled under a blanket with a hot drink.

I can’t wait to return to Mermaid Point again sometime soon!
This is a lovely contemporary romance story with brilliant characters and a really sweet feel to it. Very much something you could read as a comforting blanket of a story.
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

Perfect fall read. I enjoyed the different Dynamics between the characters and of course the setting was phenomenal.
Feel good, happy and enjoyable story. I did think at first if here’s another one like this. But soon changed my mind and hasn’t put it down after they. Thanks for letting me read

There is a lovely bit of backstory woven throughout the book, making me instantly reach for the first book in the series. While I do wish I had read the earlier story, it’s not because this book doesn’t work as a standalone. The story, the setting, and the characters are so captivating, I need to read more about all of them.

Nerissa’s story is captivating. The heartbreaking loss of her fiancé followed by years of grief have the poor girl aged before her time. Tom, Emily, and Max are dealing with their own tragedy. When fate brings all these broken people together in Mermaids Point, healing magic is bound to happen.

There is also a scene-stealing pooch in this book. I laughed so many times at the humor brought to the “tale” by Toby.

I cannot wait to read more from this author!

You can find more of my review on my website, ginaraemitchell.com.
This is the second book in the Mermaids Point series but I will say, having not read the first myself, it is completely stand alone. In this one we meet Nerissa Morgan who has lived her entire life in Mermaids Point. Now, at 43 she still works at the local doctor’s office. Having lost her only love when they were both young she never found anyone who came close to what she felt for Garreth.

Then there is Tom, who comes to Mermaids Point as the new doctor. Him and his children also know what it is to lose the love of your life having lost his wife three years earlier. That puts Tom and Nerissa right in the path of one another.

This was one of the sweetest romances I have read. neither Tom or Nerissa is looking for love. They both had their once in a lifetime and lost it. Yes, they are lonely but they are so wrapped in their personal grief and memories they struggle with the attraction between them.

Sarah Bennett does an amazing job of describing the town as well as the people. It made me want to move there. Everyone is friendly and while the book is sweet, it is not so sweet to make you want to gag. The sweetness and easy going manner makes this book flow. I think it would have been a different book without that.
What a lovely feel good story with lovely characters & nice little plot. Hadn’t realised it was part of a series, but this didn’t matter at all, in fact look forward to reading more of the series
What a fun, exciting story! I enjoyed the characters and the story line. The story flowed nicely and it had me reading until the end in a day! I highly recommend this book!

Thank you for letting me review this book
This is a super cosy feel good book I loved. The writing style brilliant done superb characters with great atmosphere loved them. I loved the plot and drama of the story you love this one