Cover Image: Happy Birthday, Fiona

Happy Birthday, Fiona

I love hippos. I have followed Fiona her whole life. This is a fun book to add to the Fiona collection. So many links to use to give background on Fiona.
Wonderful book with beautiful pictures that delighted my daughter as we read about our favorite hippo.
Cute but not the story I expected. I like Fiona. My family and I traveled to see her. I would have preferred to read her bubble bath YouTube story.
Thank you to NetGally and Zondervan for the opportunity to review an ARC of this title.

Fiona is the beloved hippo that lives at the Cincinnati Zoo. Happy Birthday, Fiona is the latest in a series of picture books featuring the fun and lovable Fiona. In Happy Birthday, Fiona, Fiona and her friends are excited to celebrate her birthday. However, Fiona is quickly whisked away by the attention of the masses. Fiona's friends feel that she doesn't have time for them, but Fiona misses them when she's finished her obligations. Fiona works hard to make her friends feel included and they all enjoy a fabulous party.

This book will appeal to young readers, particularly those familiar with the real-life Fiona. The story helps teach the importance of friendship and explains that being a friend sometimes takes effort. The illustrations are cute and full of detail. I especially love all the bright colors on Fiona's fruity birthday cake!

I would recommend this book to preschool to early elementary children.

#HappyBirthdayFiona
#NetGalley
I loved this book!  I have followed the real Fiona for a long time and have seen her birthday parties - this is a real representation of what I have seen.  The illustrations are beautiful; you can see all the animals' personalities leap off the pages.  And the message of the book - gifts are great but they're even better when you share them with your friends.  This is the perfect birthday gift for any child (or lover of Fiona)! Bonus points for mentioning the need for thank you cards.
Book Review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Happy Birthday Fiona
4-8-year-olds
32 Pages
Pub Day: January 18, 2022

I follow the Cincinnati Zoo on Facebook. I discovered it about the time Covid hit. Watching the animals always puts a smile on my face. Fiona, the hippo, is especially cute!

When I saw this book on NetGalley, I immediately requested it. It didn’t disappoint.

Absolutely adorable with a good message to boot! Fiona is so popular she received a heaping pile of presents, cards, & snacks from her admirers. She was so busy opening gifts & performing for her admirers, she forgot about her friends.

Fiona’s friends wanted to celebrate with her, but she was too busy. They finally gave up.

While playing with her new toys, she started to feel that something was missing & finally came to the conclusion that she was missing her friends.

After talking to her mom, Fiona decided to invite her friends to a party. When they came, she shared her presents & food with them.

The pictures are so darn cute; they are bright & colorful. You can’t help but feel cheerful when looking at them.

This is a top-notch children’s book. After reading it, you can share real pictures & information about the lovely Fiona. Just Google the Cincinnati Zoo!

Thank you to #NetGalley, #Zonderkidz for the ebook to read & review.
Happy Birthday, Fiona by Zondervan is a happy story about everyone giving presents to Fiona. Fiona was so happy and posed for photos  that she forget to remember all her friends at the zoo. I loved the ending where she gives all her friends gifts. Children will love the colorful illustrations.
Who could not love a cute little book about Fiona!  Especially one with such a sweet message.  Little Fiona is celebrating her big day.  She has been showered with gifts, and media.  Meanwhile her friends at the zoo want to celebrate with Fiona too.  But with Fiona so wrapped up in her own celebration will she remember that sometimes the best gift is that of friendship?  I think this book would be the perfect story time book!

Thank you so much Zonderkidz and Netgalley for allowing me to read an advance copy.
"I received a complimentary copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."
Another cute picture book featuring everyone's favorite hippo.
What a sweet, cute story!   I love following Fiona's antics on social media and it's so fun to see her starring in her own book!

Kids will find this tale so relatable.  Fiona gets lots of attention for her birthday and, after getting caught up in it a bit, she realizes that presents and treats aren't nearly as enjoyable without friends to share them with.  With gentle, loving guidance from her mom she figures out how to make it a great day for everyone.

The illustrations are awesome!   They're so colorful and lively and full of detail.   They definitely make the story come to life!   This would be a great addition to pre-K and elementary classroom and school libraries--I'm sure it will be a frequently-read favorite.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
Happy birthday to. The Cincinnati Zoo's favorite hippo!
Growing older means growing up and maturing. Watch as Fiona learns how to appreciate the greatest gift of all: time with loved ones.
A charming book about everyone’s favorite hippo, Fiona.

For those that haven’t heard of Fiona, I recommend you watch the The Fiona Show that traces her life.  She was born at the Cincinnati Zoo, about six weeks premature, weighing about half of what a hippo should. Despite this, the zoo staff didn’t give up on her. She was bottle fed round the clock, using hippo infant formula (analyzed from milking her mother - a first). When she became dehydrated about a month later, a team from the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital helped insert a catheter so she could get the needed fluids as they were more experienced.  Slowly she grew, gaining weight, learning to walk then swim.

This book continues her adventures, if in a slightly fictional manner. It’s Fiona’s birthday, and she’s received cards and gifts from all her fans. She’s so excited about her birthday, she forgets about her friends at the zoo.

If you have young kids, I highly recommend this book!  Introduce them to Fiona through her videos, then read this book to them.
This fun picture book is about the famous baby hippo born at the Cincinnati Zoo. The illustrations are absolutely adorable! On her first birthday, Fiona is spoiled with many gifts and media attention, but what she really wants is to be with her animal friends. I loved that she shares her gifts and time with her friends at the end. I think children will really enjoy this book.

Thank you Zonderkidz and NetGalley for providing this ARC.
Absolutely adorable! I've loved the past Fiona books (and the real life article) so I was very excited to read this one. In it, Fiona learns what is most important, celebrating special days with friends and family. Highly recommend!
Oh my goodness this book is absolutely adorable! I loved that it was about such a popular little hippo! It was so cute that the other zoo animals decided to throw her a party and that she needed to express her thoughts to her friends and share! The illustrations were beautiful and I loved the birthday cake at the end! I will defiantly buy this for my daughter for her birthday!
This is such a great birthday book!  Fiona is celebrating her birthday and realized that she missed her friends.  They have a fun animal party.

This is a great story about sharing and spending time with others.  I read this with my daughter on her birthday and it was the perfect book because she loves animals.

The illustrations in this book are cute and it is the perfect book for celebrating a young child's birthday.  We read this multiple times through.  My daughter now wants to visit the real Fiona!

Thank you to the Publisher and Netgalley for providing me a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Absolutely darling children’s book. I read the Fiona Christmas book last year so I was happy to see this one show up on NetGalley. The book follows Fiona the hippo as she celebrates her birthday and learns the importance of sharing both her special day and gifts with her friends. The illustrations were fun and sweet and perfectly accompanied the story.
Thank you to NetGalley and Zonderkidz for the ARC.
I am a fan of the real Fiona.  She was born premature weighing only 29 pounds.  I followed her growth and the care she received from the Cincinnati Zoo online.  I even visited the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens to see Fiona.  Happy Birthday, Fiona is part of series of books teaching Fiona (and children) small life lessons.  It's Fiona's birthday and she getting tons of attention from fans, zoo keepers and the media.  And then she realizes that her friends are missing.  Her mom helps her include her friends in her birthday making everyone happy.  The illustrations are large and colorful.  The message easy to discuss with even small children.  I'm from Utah and realistically none of my students would know about the real Fiona unless I combined it with the first book in the series (which I have on my shelves).  Kiddos will still enjoy the book whether they know it is based on a real hippo.   This can be read to small children or read by K-2 (an up).  Thank you NetGalley and Zonderkidz Books for a temporary ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is such an adorable book featuring everyone’s favorite hippo! Loved the important lesson of friendship and sharing. Will definitely be buying and gifting this one.
This is a really cute book in the Fiona series.  I love Fiona the Hippo and I think these books are really good for young reader.  I think that the illustrations in these books as well.  Very cute!