Cover Image: Share a Story Bible

Share a Story Bible

I'm always looking for Bible stories to share with my 4 year old. This one had beautiful illustrations and the Bible stories were accessible for my son.
The 15 stories featured in this children’s Bible are: Creation, Noah’s Ark, the Abrahamamic covenant and birth of Isaac, the life of Moses, David and Goliath, the birth of Jesus, the baptism of Jesus, Jesus recruiting His disciples, The Loaves and Fish, the good Samaritan, the Lord’s prayer, the good Shepherd, Jesus and the children, and the first Easter

The introductory page shows key illustrations/words to look out for as common objects and themes within the stories that follow. Each story is told with beautiful, inviting, and colorful illustrations that children would love. The writing style was accessible for children, while remaining faithful to the Biblical stories.

I really appreciated how they explained sin leading up to God prompting Noah to build the ark, instead of omitting the reasons behind the flood entirely. This same approach was used throughout the book, even when describing the unnamed Pharisees in the Easter story. Each story had more detail than I was expecting, but each was told in a way that would be easily understood by young children. I adored the constant mentioning of Jesus’ love for us and think the message of the gospel was apparent throughout this book. I would highly recommend this as a way to get children both interested in and familiar with Biblical stories.

Thank you to the publisher, Lion Children’s Books, for providing an e-ARC for review via Netgalley; all opinions are my own.
Share a Story Bible features simplified bible stories with bright illustrations. There was also a search for certain objects throughout the stories. This would be great for an elementary school student.
I absolutely loved "Share a Story Bible". This book is perfect for kids of many ages. The stories are short so it is a great bedtime story book for babies and toddlers. The English is simple with not a lot of challenging words so it is good for children who are just learning to read. The illustrations are beautiful and bright. I love the addition of the list of words and pictures in the beginning of the book that the children can look for while reading these bible stories. This helps them focus and not get distracted while reading or hearing the stories. I love that the book is all about sharing the good news which is what Jesus commanded us to do. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to teach their kids about God and the teachings of the bible. I can't wait to share this with the little ones in my family. I think they will really enjoy it.

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to preview this book for free.
I think this was a nice story to use to educate young children of some of the most popular biblical stories. Very informative. I also enjoyed that the characters had darker skin, as that’s what they had in real life. People tend to forget that.
I love the vibrant illustrations that kept me and my 6 year old engaged.  It was a cute idea to have the kids keep an eye out for certain images like an angel, and stars.
This was such a delight to read, and with such beautiful illustrations.
I loved how the characters of the Bible were portrayed, and in a way that children of any age would understand.
The story was not only informative, but was very interactive, in the teaching of some of the most important events of the world's best loved book.
Thank you so much for allowing me to read and review something so wonderfully written.
Beautiful illustrations! This is a perfect book for my 3 year old - love the simplicity of it! Enjoyed finding the illustrations listed!
I had a children’s bible when i was a kid so i was pretty excited to see a update or more modern version. I feel like a lot of key point were missing from this version. Like eve eating the apple because that itself explains the flood coming next but either way i think this book can be enjoyable especially for children starting to read themselves.
A delightful and Christian based book of biblical stories to read and share with young children.
It would make a wonderful gift to a new born baby, an early birthday or Christening present.
Beautifully illustrated and retold in language that is clear and memorable.
My only criticism being that their stories although familiar are not linked with the scriptures they are drawn from. I would have liked each crossed referenced to the biblical verses where the stories are found. This would be perhaps in some notes to the parents or guardians and might serve to bring the reader and the young listeners in time to seek out the stories within a wider context.
I cannot fault the writing or the care that has gone into this short book. A joy to read with stories that should, and can easily be shared in this format with confidence to searching minds.
I was given an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.  I LOVED THIS BOOK!   Opened my senses to a childhood memory of warmth and happiness.  My grandparents were very passionate about their faith.  They kept a children’s bible on the bottom shelf of their bookcase perfect for us grandkids to reach and carry out to grandpa’s lap for him to rock and read to us before he fell asleep. Like this book, the stories were pulled from the Bible and rewritten  in simplistic format and illustrated for children to easily understand.  This book would make the perfect baby shower gift for the parents to keep safe until the child is old enough to comprehend.  It is also the perfect bonding tool for grandparents.  I have remembered those stories a lifetime. This book is just as perfect as the one from my childhood.  This book will be creating memories for this generation and ones to follow.  The perfect gift for any holiday. Special thanks to #NetGalley, Lion’sDen, # DeborahLock for the opportunity to review.  Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!
A wonderful beginner's bible for young children. It will keep children interested in the simplicity of the Gospel. The illustrations are "kid" friendly and will connect your child to each story. It also keeps children engaged with "look out" pictures. Highly recommend to parents and grandparents for the kiddos that they love.

A special thank you to Lion Hudson and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
A good basic children's book of bible stories that tells several stories form the old and new testaments. It of course sidesteps some of the thornier theological bits of the stories (like the reason Saul fell out of God's graces in favor of David was hat Saul didn't listen to God's command to kill every man, woman, and child in a village the Israelites were attacking).  But the art is cute, it captures Jesus' love and care and kindness, and is a good intro to these stories.
I am always looking for a way to teach my five year old grandson about the stories in the Bible. We are taking this story by story but I do like the pictures and easy-to-grasp writing. The wonderful thing about the stories of the Bible is that you can continue to read them over and over and grasp new meanings or spark a dialogue at each reading.  Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I love how accessible this makes reading parts of the Bible to my young children. As an adult, I also enjoyed reading passages in a different way and reflecting on their meaning.
I absolutely adored this little book. I think it is perfect for little kids. The illustrations are beautiful and the stories are simple enough for kids to understand.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's a lovely simplification of the Bible for babies and toddlers and a great way to introduce them to some of the most important Bible stories.

I particularly like how each story is prefaced with a brief description of what is to come.

I look forward to reading this out loud to my twins at bedtime as soon as they're old enough.
The Share a Story Bible is a beautifully illustrated simplified Bible for children that expresses some of the most traditional well loved stories and psalms in language that is appropriate and understandable for little people.
Each chapter or story has a small description at the start to summarise what it is about. This will make it easier for younger readers to follow and for parents or Children's Church leaders to give the gist of the message for the youngest persons, and an expanded version for older children.
I especially like how the authors have shared the Lord is my Shepherd Psalm and made it accessible for younger readers, and by naming it David's Song it will help youngsters understand its message more fully.
This is a marvellous text and one of the best easy read Bibles for parents/leader/guardians and children to share
Share a Story Bible is an ideal book to introduce toddlers and young children to the Bible, The stories, all appealingly illustrated, are from both the Old and New Testaments. They are, of course, simplified to language children can understand. For instance, from the Lord’s Prayer, “Give us today the food we need, to make us strong inside”. Another unique feature is a one sentence, easily understood summary of each story after the title. And I love the interactive pictures in the first pages. Children are encouraged to search for the illustrations shown in a guide in the stories that follow. Share a Story Bible is perfect for Sunday school classes, children’s bookshelves and would make a thoughtful  gift. 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Lion Hudson Ltd, Deborah Lock, Jennifer Davison and illustrator Jennifer Davison for this ARC.
This book is perfect for the children’s bed time stories and at the same time they will learn about god. Its interesting with pictures and short that would keep children intrigued throughout the story.