Cover Image: Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

Beautiful Botanical Embroidery

I love the projects in this book and they are beautifully illustrated. The pictures give step by step instructions on how to create these beautiful designs.
Many thanks to Zakka Workshop and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This woman is incredibly talented. Each project comes with detailed instructions. Some of the instructions do not have photographs, which is the reason I deducted a star. Otherwise, a beautiful addition to your hand embroidery book shelf.
I've been looking of getting into embroidery and this book is perfect to do that. While the guides will take some time to fully understand, the author has done a great job of explaining and displaying instructions. There are so many great ideas in this books to try out.
This book is beautiful; the ideas, the photographs, everything!

I am just starting my embroidery journey, and this book feels a little advanced; for someone with more experience, this would be a great gift.
The instructions look simple enough, and I love the designs in this book. Very much looking forward to trying them out...one day!
Lovely projects made from linen fabric which enhance the often detailed embroidery.

All projects and designs are suitable for beginners. There are only four different kinds of embroidery stitches used for all designs. Each stitch technique is explained using pictures.
I loved this book - so much I bought a hard copy. the detail is amazing and the author has me convinced I can achieve something beautiful.
I took up embroidery during the early days of the pandemic and I fell in love with the calming sound of the needle, thread, and canvas. I'm still pretty terrible at it however in reviewing Beautiful Botanical Embroidery, I am encouraged to keep trying after seeing the beautiful and simple designs inspired by nature. Just thinking of sketching my own pattern and attempting it (loving a challenge) makes me excited. However, I often compare the picture perfect sample to my own and get deflated a bit, however these designs and minimalistic approach to the book are now high up on the 'challenge accepted' mentality. A beautiful book.
Great book very informative and had some creative stitches. I really liked the structure and format. The pictures were pretty useful as well
Pretty, fresh ideas for embroidering all sorts of items. Clear diagrams and instructions for effective stitching and construction of the items - and a variety of practical uses. I love that the author has not stuck to representing flowers and leaves exactly from nature, but has mixed and matched suitable elements to create the look she wants - so encouraging the development of the embroiderer's own creativity. I predict that I will use this book and its ideas a lot in my own work. Highly recommended. This is my voluntary review of a free copy of the book.
This book has some very beautiful and fun botanic embroidery patterns. I definitely recommend it for crafty people with a deep appreciation for nature.
This book has beautiful embroidery projects and easy to follow directions..I liked the fact that the projects were done on natural fabrics, including linen.  The patterns and projects have a very organic feel. to them, and could easily be adapted to clothing or other projects as well.
Lovely designs.  I enjoyed the theme of this book and found the diagrams and photos helpful.  It's somewhat project focused, but that's useful if that's what you're going for. Easy to follow and helpful for sparking ideas.
Beautiful Botanical Embroidery by Alice Makabe is a simply elegant book of embroidery projects.  If you are a fan of botanical embroidery these projects are stunning.  I love the fact that the book is broken down into color schemes (i.e. white, green etc).  The photographs are beautiful. The drawings/patterns are easy to follow.  There are 30 projects in this book.  Alice Makabe does a wonderful job.

I would like to thank the author, Zakka Workshop and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is a very elegant book with the most beautiful botanical motifs captured on beautifully linen fabric by hand embroidery.
The instructions are easy to follow and very well shown, with lots of information on technique and supplies. The book is divided into focus on different colours at the start, such as white tones, blue, pink, green and yellow. Further into the book the practical information is given with patterns and directions for the end project created..
A very glamorous book with good visuals and directions.
The title is a perfect fit! These are beautiful designs. As someone newer to embroidery, I appreciated the section detailing the basics of embroidery and covering the stitches needed for these designs as well as the helpful tips throughout. Designs range from single color and very simple designs to multi-colored, more complicated designs as the beginner gains confidence.

Thank you Zakka Workshop and NetGalley for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.
Excellent resource for various types of botanical embroidery and its application on different types of items. Would recommend if looking for botanical inspired patterns.
Embroidery is a beautiful art form and the craft can be taken to great heights by those with an eye for color and design.  This is one of those books that can be added to the list of must-have books by the serious embroiderer.  Inspired by nature as the subtitle states, the colors and designs are exquisite and can be used to embellish a great many wearable items as well as a variety of useful bags, container liners, or simply framed to catch the eye.  Instructions for each motif shown in the book is included.  Happy feelings are a bonus by simply turning each beautiful page.
Great book! My mother loves embroidery and this will be a great Christmas present for her! She will love the designs and quality of the book.
This book provided me with a lot of inspiration when I first started embroidering.
I would have preferred more contemporary designs; some seemed like they belonged on old grandmother's drapes.
Maybe I'm just not in the right age bracket for this.
I'm not sure I'd buy this book; while having a book on the subject is wonderful, I'm sure I could access the same information for free online.
I liked this book a lot. I am pretty new to cross stitch but I love a good embroidered flower. The pictures are nice and there are some good project ideas.