Cover Image: Autumn by the Sea

Autumn by the Sea

I love other books by Melissa Tagg, but Autumn by the Sea didn't grab my attention as quickly as her earlier works. Maggie Muir has made a family of her own by taking in three children from different families who needed a home, but even with their love, she is always looking for her granddaughter who disappeared as a young child after her birth mother died in a car accident. Sydney Rose is thought to be that missing granddaughter, but will Maggie's three "adopted" children believe she really is? Will Maggie's adopted son Neil allow himself to fall for her?
Autumn by the Sea readers will grow to love the residents of Muir Harbor and I look forward to book 2 of the series.
I received a complimentary copy of Autumn by the Sea through NetGalley, but all opinions are my own
I really enjoyed this book! So many thanks for the opportunity to read and review it. The characters were lovely, the setting beautiful, and it was written with a pace that kept me interested from first page to last.

Kudos!
This was another great book by Melissa Tagg. I like that she has ventured into a new setting. Can’t wait foe the next story.
I have read a couple of Melissa Tagg’s books and have enjoyed them but I think this is by far my favorite. I loved the mystery and the romance in this one and the setting. And there were actually a couple of mysteries to unravel.

Sydney is a very strong and interesting character and who wouldn’t love Neil with his Scottish accent that peeked through every once in a while.

If you enjoy contemporary romance with some mystery thrown in I am sure you will enjoy this book.

A copy of this book was given to me through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.
Be still my heart
I love love and happy reunions so when i saw the title of this book i knew i had to request for it and i wasn't disappointed at all.
This is my first read of Melissa Tagg's work and it's safe to say she has a new reader in me.
 I loved this book and would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for something sweet and beautiful to read next
Another great romance from Tagg. I love how she can write in deep topics but you don’t get bogged down by them. They’re still fun and sweet and full of ambiance. But you also get to delve into some deeper themes.  Loved this one.
I love how I can pick up a Melissa Tagg book and know that I’m in for a fabulous read. As true with Melissa’s last few books, this novel focuses on the relationships between a motley crew of people brought together under the roof of a beloved home, who in itself becomes a character. It’ll be exciting to see how this new series unfolds!
In this latest charming, romantic story, the author will enchant readers with this story.  I love all of Ms. Tagg’s books and this one is another hit!  I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series!  This book is not just charming in its description of its setting, but in the relationships that are formed throughout the book.  For those who like a mystery, readers will be taken on a journey to discover what really happened to Maggie’s granddaughter.  I can’t say enough about this book and how good it was!  I highly recommend this book and know readers will not be disappointed!  This book has it all- romance, a mystery, a charming setting, and will make readers feel like they belong with this family.  This story also is a great example that families can be made up of many people without be related by blood.
***I was given a free electronic copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.  This is my honest opinion.  Even though I received this copy free, I have purchased her books before.
This is book one in a new series, set on a blueberry farm in small town Maine, with well developed, likeable characters and an adorable romance, what’s not to like? This was a perfect fall read and I look forward to reading the next instalment.
Melissa Tagg is a great author, but this is my least favorite book by her so far. It took a while for the book to hook me and then it ended on a cliffhanger. I liked the book enough that I'll read the rest of the series.

I received a review copy of this book from NetGalley--all opinions are my own.
“Autumn by the Sea” by Melissa Tagg

“And oh, how Sydney wanted to believe it in that moment. Wanted to believe the answer to every question she’d ever had, the fulfillment of every longing she’d ever harbored, was right here in this house by the sea.”

A promising start to a new series set in a small coastal town that will tug at your heart. “Autumn by the Sea” draws out the feel of finding a place to call home while focusing on the hope of a better future. There are many layers to this story that is wrapped in a mystery. It took me a bit to get involved in the storyline, but I think it was due to the grief and sadness of how the characters come together. However, once I did, I enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to getting to know this family more through the series.

“Maybe she was here because God had led her here. Laid a path for her feet and whispered for her to walk. Maybe He hadn’t forgotten her, after all.”

The meet cute between Sydney Rose and Neil was surprising and fun. Their romance was sweet and I loved how they were drawn together. The depth of the other characters really has me hoping for all their happy endings as the story continues. The mystery has me intrigued as to how it will unfold, too. I’m excited to read the next book in the series and hoping to connect more with the characters of this town.

“Sometimes a feeling is just a feeling. Other times it’s truth wrapped in undeniable knowing.”

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own and are given honestly.
Heartrending and hilarious by turns, this visit to Muir Farm felt (appropriately!) like going home to visit family. Three (adoptive) siblings juggling a struggling blueberry farm, two antique stores, and a law office--and the woman whose love knit them all together… This introduction to the Muir family and their secrets has me excited to read more from Melissa Tagg's Muir Harbor series!

Maggie's letters sprinkled throughout the book give Autumn by the Sea a lovely epistolary feel (and I'm a fan of all things epistolary). But what made this book extra-special were the themes of adoption and foster families, along with the heroine's search for her own family history.

(Thanks to NetGalley for this chance to review another enjoyable read from Melissa Tagg!)
Sit back and allow yourself to be whisked away to the tiny coastal village of Muir Harbor!
What I loved:
The characters—what a brilliant cast! Even the less-endearing characters were interesting and multi-dimensional, and the most loveable ones still had their fair share of flaws.
The setting—a blueberry farm in Maine overlooking the sea. Need I say more? Not convinced? I’ll say this: I first fell in love with Maine when I read Whose Waves These Are. Melissa Tagg has just confirmed that I absolutely need to visit Maine at least once in my life (although if it’s as charming in real life as it is in Autumn by the Sea, then once might not be enough).
The humour—this book was just so fun! Although there were several serious and emotional themes going on, the tone of the story as a whole remained light, with humour threaded throughout expertly.
The emotions—so well balanced with the afore-mentioned humour. The story was neither overly light and fluffy, nor heavy and dark. The more serious scenes pushed through at just the right moments and the emotional impact of each felt organic and genuine. So well written—nothing contrived or unrealistic. None of the melodramatic overreactions that have somehow become a norm in contemporary romance. No, these characters faced serious issues and handled them reasonably, further endearing themselves to me in the process.
The romance—adorable! All the warm fuzzy feelings! I love nothing more than watching romance bud between two people who just deserve that HEA so much! The pacing was perfect, fitting in with the other aspects of the plot, but never being eclipsed completely.
The mystery—just a light dash that kept me glued to the page. While this is by no means a suspense nor a mystery novel, I did enjoy the underlying threads of intrigue that promise to continue in the next books.
And speaking of the next books, I cannot wait for A Seaside Wonder to release (Book 2)! I absolutely loved this book and hope to return to Muir Harbor soon.

(Note: I received a copy of this book through Netgalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.)
Sydney has been searching and dreaming of the life she could have had if she had not been given away as a child. This leads to her searching and hiring an investigator to find her family. She discovers they are from Maine and she finally gets to meet some of the family she thought she lost. There are secrets and scandal that may be more then she bargained for.
Fun and funny with a slow romance, and oh my good gracious, such a strong family bond. I loved the twists in the plot that kept me guessing, but also the setting: a cottage on a Maine blueberry farm in autumn. Just so many delightful elements for a cozy read with a bit of mystery.

**I received this ebook from the publisher via Netgalley. All words and opinions here are mine alone. As always.
Melissa has done it yet again!  She has created a town that has enough intrigue and mystery that you want to stay and find out more about the people who live there and their stories. I am excited for book 2 and can’t wait to go back and visit. I highly recommend this book.

**I was given an ARC of this story in exchange for my honest review. These words are mine and mine alone.
Right from page one, I was drawn into this story and found myself not being able to put it down! Each and every character was wonderfully written and unique and I wanted to know more about this interesting found family of Maggie's--- and the secrets of their pasts. And boy were there many secrets to unfold in this one. With each turn of the page, I found myself really uncertain of which way things might go... and more and more curious to find out. Even when the story ended, there were still some questions left for the next book in the series that kept me wanting more... in the best way possible!

Beyond the mystery, I absolutely loved the chemistry between Neil and Sydney as well... it jumped right off the pages, and I look forward to seeing them again in future books too. Overall, I thought this was a fantastic story and a great start to the series. I truly cannot wait to read more!

**I received a complimentary copy of this book for consideration. All thoughts are 100% my own.
The worst thing about this book is that the subsequent books in the series aren’t out yet!! I loved this book SO MUCH. Each character was fascinating in their own unique way—and so well developed!! I love a book with characters that seem like someone I could walk up to and meet in real life, and that’s certainly how these felt. The setting was so rich and wonderful—it made for a DELIGHT of a fall read. And I enjoyed the mystery and romance to the fullest. I especially loved the sweet spot at the end with a certain character’s name situation.
I was immediately drawn into this new book by Melissa Tagg and can't wait for the next in this series! I feel like it is reminiscent of Irene Hannon's Hope Harbor series so if you're a fan of those books, I think you'll really love Autumn by the Sea as well. Muir Farm and all of its occupants were so inviting. It made me feel like it's a place I'd love to visit.

Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review. All opinions are my own.

Published 28 September 2021.
Story Line: 4 Stars
Depth: 4 Stars
Faith: 3 Stars
Love Story: 4 Stars
Overall: 4 Stars

Autumn by the Sea captured our attention before we even opened the book! The author, the title, and cover drew us in.

We have become big fans of author Melissa Tagg, and her writing just keeps getting better with each book. We thoroughly enjoyed the setting, pace, and mystery in this new series. Her characters grow on the reader quickly, and give us much to look forward to as the rest of the series is released. Melissa weaves different layers into the plot so engaging the book kept us turning pages long into the night.

What caught us off guard - different from Melissa's previous books - was the ongoing mystery will seemingly take more than one book to solve! Therefore we eagerly wait for the next in the series. While we may have preferred a stronger faith aspect to be woven in a little more, we would highly recommend this book to others.