Cover Image: Last Time We Loved

Last Time We Loved

hanks to @netgalley and @christinemilesauthor for the gifted copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.  I felt that this book was well written and easy to follow.  I enjoyed both the storyline and the chapters for the most part.  I felt there could have been more action between the characters.  I felt that the story dragged along with all of the talk about Alyson needing to save her flower shop.  I was also bored with David and his desire to quit his job and become a jazz musician.

Synopsis:
Alyson’s past walks back into her life after being away for 10 years.  Alyson is  now focused on saving her floral shop. David has spent the past 10 years focusing on his career.  Now he wants to quit his job and focus on becoming a jazz musician.  Most of all, can the couple forgive one another and find a future together?
Will it be a second chance romance for Alyson and David, back in contact ten years since he broke her heart?

A great read, looking forward to more from this author.
David and Alyson have been apart for a lot  of years. Alyson owns a flower shop and after all of these years David is going to the wedding she is doing. Basically they need to right their wrongs.

I received this ARC through #netgalley and I am voluntarily reviewing this book
I received a complimentary copy of Last Time We Loved in exchange for an honest review.  This was a second chance romance which I usually enjoy.  The writing style and premise of this novel were appealing, but it took forever to read.  There just wasn't enough action and interactions between Alyson and David to keep the story moving.  Again, lots of good writing, but it just didn't go anywhere, and was bogged down by mundane talk of Alyson's flower shop and David's desire to focus on music instead of architecture.
I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.
This book is all about second chances and renewed love.
The storyline was interesting and I like the glimpse into Jillians  life as well. Hopefully her story will be next. 3.5 stars
I really enjoyed this book.  The characters are well developed and the story moved right along.  I laughed during this book and I cried.  David and Alyson were each other's first loves and tragedy drove them apart.  They find each other again, but can trust ever be earned?

I highly recommend this book and am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
This is a good book. The two main characters are Alyson and David. They meet when they were in college and  fell in love. David had a terrible accident to happen to his family, which made him drive Alyson out of his life.  Go  ten years later his sister is getting married and he finds Alyson again. They work through some of troubles for both of them, together.  Realizing that they were both still in love.
While I usually don’t choose to read second chance romances, I’m glad I gave this one a shot. At times it was heartbreaking, other times it made me swoon at how perfect Al and David were. Also, the side characters were really interesting (I’d love to read more about Jillian and Jackson!), and the story kept me hooked.
This one just didn't quite work for me. The elements of a good romance were there, they just didn't come together quite right for me. I did enjoy the characters' professions - it was fun to follow a florist and an architect/musician. I also liked their relationships with the secondary characters.

Here is what didn't work for me:
The timeline was a little hard for me to follow; it wasn't clear how much time had passed in the present, save for a few scenes.
The writing style could be hard to follow at times.
The characters had sex way too quickly - there was no lead up.
The slow reveal of "what happened ten years ago" just didn't work like I think the author intended it to.
There are two major events that happened 10 years ago that we never find out what actually happened, one being the actual reason he broke up with her.
I did like that the story did not completely follow the traditional romance story-arc. It was similar, but a little different which was refreshing.
Probably not the author's fault, but I just wasn't drawn in enough to really care about them as a couple.

It was not a bad book, and anyone who loves second chance romance books may like it, it just wasn't for me.
A charming and emotionally frustrating romance.  Lots of history for this couple. Current problems also cause havoc. The story moved along nicely to get to the happily ever after. Good group of friends and relatives.
A really sweet second chance romance, and renewing old friendship’s along the way. Great short story.
Last Time We Loved
By Christine Miles

The fact that Alyson just gives up doesn't sit right with me. Yes, she and David fought, but why does she severe her friendship with Rebecca just because her relationship with David doesn't work out? How can she cut off all the contact from the person she regards as her own sister easily?  Rebecca just had an accident and she doesn't even try to help her or grief with her? Maybe because they're were young? But yeah, that feels like a downside to me. Apart from that, Alyson and David is in the same university, did one of them just transferred (I don't think either of them dropped out) as they never had any interaction after they're done? I feel like there's more details of the past that need to be taken care of.

Despite that, this is just the perfect romance book that I'll ask for. A perfect combination of slow burns romance that is fast paced. Does it ever make sense? I don't know, but that's how I feel about Last Time We Loved. Also, a wonderful story about second chance, honesty, forgiveness and sacrifice. I love the way Alyson and David handle their meeting after 10 years. I can see the maturity in it. The spiciness is good too😉. would love to read more of this great work in the future ❤️
Such a beautiful read which really emotion. I loved this book. It had a touch of Hallmark to it, and it oozed happiness. A few sad, get a grip on your life turns; but a thoroughly good bedtime read
This was very beautiful and touching.  I love romance books. It’s listed as one of my favourite genres ever and if anything I think I can call it a comfort read also. This was really beautiful and I loved the relationship between the couple. Did I cry a few times? Absolutely! But who doesn’t love getting teary eyed at least a few times! 5 out of 5 stars.
I love a good love story. I really enjoyed reading Alyson and David’s story of how they reconnected and have the opportunity to pursue their second chance, but will obstacles get in the way of that?

Premise All florist Alyson Douglas needs is her shop, friends, family, and dog. But when her business ends up in a precarious situation, she has to prepare for the unknowns. Then her past walks back into her life. She, however, is no longer a girl, and he was careless with her heart the first time.

David Preston has spent the last ten years rebuilding his life. A successful architect by day, his true passion—music—is something he can only pursue at night. Then fate brings the one back into his life, presenting him with a second chance to have everything he’s ever wanted.
✨3,5✨
I really enjoyed Last Time We Loved! I found myself really liking her writing style. It was a one sitting read for me!

This is a story about second chances and founding love once again. Alyson and David were a couple but a tragedy strikes that mades them go separate ways. This story takes place 10 years later, when they cross paths once again. They aren’t the same people they once were. Follow Alyson and David in their journey to rekindle their love. I have to say that this story might contain some triggering things, it deals with depression, death of a family member and substance abuse.

I loved that Alyson is a florist as it’s an amazing addition. I love my gentle flower growers in books and the flower girl aesthetic is one of my all time faves. Alyson and David’s love story is more on the slow burn side, even if compared to other SB romances things progressed pretty quickly. But enjoyable nonetheless.

I would definitely recommend this book if you love second chance romance with slow burn, a sense of community and found family. If you like your male characters pining for their ladies and a strong heroine with a gentle heart.
Alyson and David were a once-in-a-lifetime kind of couple, until tragedy struck in one of their lives. After 10 years, Al and David's paths cross again, and while their lives have changed, their chemistry has not. Last Time We Loved follows two characters reconnecting and finding love once again through the healing of their past.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Last Time We Loved! This is my first book by Christine Miles, and I found myself quickly immersed in the small world she has created.

As someone who loves a slow-burn romance, I was excited to feel the growing tension between the characters. I was slightly caught off guard, though, by their first (on-page) kiss and the subsequent scene. I felt like there was little lead up and too little resolving of the past for such sudden changes in the characters' actions. However, this may appeal to readers who are not big of fans of the slow burn!

Some things I really loved about this book were the characters' careers and hobbies and their relationships with their friends and families. I always enjoy reading about characters with unique careers, and temporarily stepping into the lives of a florist and architect/musician was really fun. With their friends and family, this book has a real sense of community, which is so valuable, especially given the current situation of the world.

Definitely read if you love: a second-chance romance, a slow-burn, a pining hero, an independent heroine, and a story with close friends and families

Content warnings: substance abuse, depression, death of family members

Please reach out if you have any questions about the book or content warnings!