Cover Image: Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, Vol. 1

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, Vol. 1

This is a series that starts after a series basically.  It may have taken ten years, but Frieren and her friends have defeated the demon king and saved the day.  This is the story of what happens next, as Frieren is an elf and will greatly outlive her friends, something she doesn't realize until too late, after a promise to meet up again and a close friends funeral.  The story follows Frieren's quest for new magic, though she'll take breaks to help her friends with any last requests they have.  This story is sad at times, and the emotional hits definitely land, but it's overall a story of friendship and moving on, past something that was a huge life event as well as past the death of people you're close to.  This series is off to a great start, and I looked forward to reading the rest once it's translated.
I feel bad that I didn’t like this very much.

I get the idea. It’s a slow paced story that contemplates life and immortality, but I was bored.

Maybe I wasn’t in the right mood for it. Maybe it wasn’t a right fit, but I could see the idea was there. But I also don’t have that much to say because I wasn’t that engaged with the story, so I have to leave a less than stellar review.

I’d still recommend this, but I don’t have many great things to say.
Picture this: you are an elven, mage adventurer who has just finished an epic 10 year hero's quest with a group of 3 other adventurers. What do you do now, especially since your lifespan will outlast most others? That is the concept behind the story to this manga and I find it very intriguing. This first volume did not disappoint and I'm very much looking forward to the rest in the series.