Cover Image: The Guilty Sister

The Guilty Sister

Another "unreliable narrator" type book. I did guess the twist and the pace was slow at times but overall an easy and somewhat entertaining read.
The Guilty Sister stars Sara, who hid her sister from her boyfriend, not that she meant to. When her sister goes missing and Sara wished she would disappear, who is to blame?

The book starts off with Sara being questioned by the police, but it jumps around in time and perspective, mostly through the point of view from Sara and her boyfriend, Bradley. Everyone as a secret in this book and a past to go with it. As you learn what each character has went through and what they are hiding, you have to question if you can trust anyone.

I rate this book as 2.5🌟!

I'd like to say a huge thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

#reading2021 #fallreading2021 #booklover #booksofinstagram #netgalley
I cannot believe what I just read! Did I seriously just finish this already? Wooow! Although I very slightly predicted the ending somewhat, not to the magnitude revealed! And the emotions for every character I felt were so damn strong. I just lapped this up. Such a good mind-boggler! What revelations.
One twin is missing, and the other is being questioned by the police.  Sara and Cece are identical twins but polar opposites.  Cece is living her best life abroad while Sara is in her tiny NYC apartment having early nights, hanging with her dog and creating book covers.  Sara's life changes when she meets Bradley, a Wallstreet worker.  Sara decides to keep her twin hidden from him that way she can keep him and not have Cece move in on him.  He ultimately finds out and then things start to twist and change.

This was a great psychological thriller for sure.  The twists and turns keep you on your toes.  I couldn't put it down.  I wanted to keep reading to find out what would happen next.  I've never read from this author but I definitely will be reading more from her in the future.  Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this one!
A rollercoaster ride of a wonderful psychological thriller............................
The Guilty Sister by Arianne Richmonde, a psychological thriller with a mind blowing plot. The book is unputdownable and I was seriously hooked right from the beginning. You would not be able to guess the climax to the end which is a cherry on the top. Each and every page has a new twist which is really interesting. A perfect book for beginners who love psychological thrillers.

I would give 5 stars to the book for its climax, cover and plot. Thanks to Netgalley for providing me an opportunity to review the book.
This was fast paced psychological thriller that was filled with secrets and so many twists and turns to keep you guessing.  I stayed up until the early morning hours to finish it, because I had to know what was going to happen.  The ending was so surprising and I would have never guessed it!  I highly recommend this book!

Thank you to Bookouture, Netgalley and Arianne Richmonde for the advanced copy of this book!
Wow. This was a truly spellbinding read. An intriguing tale packed with twists. I just could not put this book down. Wonderful. Thrilling. Do read this one.
Thank you to the publisher for my review copy.  All opinions are my own.

Alright, let's unpack this title.  I enjoyed it.  Did I shout from the rooftops love it?  Not really.

Having said that I will say this.  I missed psychological thrillers.  This one delivered all the twists and turns that it promises.  In addition....it had a fantastic premise.  Original.  No crazy husbands to be found (insert dancing emoji).

Here are the high points for me :
Unreliable narrator
NYC as the setting...always a plus
Reading a thriller in October....delightful

Overall.  It's a pleasant read.  Pick it up.  If it were me and I had it to do all over again.  I would binge read in one day!
Thanks to #netgalley for the ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. My first time reading Arianne Richmond and you can pretty much sign me up for her backlist now! I was hooked on this as soon as we Bradley fell for Sara. A twisty psychological thriller with some messed up people doing what they do best. Just when you think you have worked out who the most disturbed person is....I was caught completely unawares by the ending. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ #ariannerichmond #theguiltysister #tea_sipping_bookworm #litsy #thestorygraph #netgalley #amazonkindle #thriller #plottwist #bookqueen #bookstagram #amazonkindle
I really loved this book!! It had so many twists and turns. It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next!! This was my first book by this Author, and it won’t be the last!! Quick read!! Highly recommended!! You won’t be disappointed!!
“Each person had their story, their past, their shame, and above all, their secrets. Secrets they kept tightly under wraps. I was no different. My secret owned me.”

Once again, this author’s book, its characters and settings, have got inside my head and made this book very difficult to put down. Sara and Bradley seem very different to each other, almost an opposites attract scenario. To begin with in their own way, ‘normal’ but the multiple narrative perspectives ensure that it becomes quite difficult to know who to trust. Is Sara in danger? Or is Bradley the one being played?

There are three distinct settings in the book too, all of which pull you in, and depending how you view them also seem quite normal. Firstly, Central Park, where Sara walks her beloved dog. Beautiful, vast, but also open to people from all walks of life, and surrounded by high buildings in a way that could feel quite oppressive.

Then you’ve Sara’s home. Simple, creative, cosy but in other ways it could be seen as chaotic, lonely, reflecting a little of what we see in Sara herself. Then Bradley’s pad is impressive and Sara is taken in by it. But it’s a little too perfect, clean and empty, so much so it almost feels eerie. And there’s some unexpected surprises inside too…

These characters and settings get inside your head, and it’s hard to get them out. I became quite viscerally pulled into the story and I became impatient to know the outcome, so I ended up devouring this one a little more quickly than I’d expected.

There is a huge twist which I didn’t see coming for a long time, but I knew with almost 20% left to go Arianne had to pull something else out of the bag to make this another five star read from her. Of course she did, and the ending was definitely unexpected and left me shocked and in some ways reeling. This is a book about the complex nature of families and the destructive nature of secrets. It is gripping, emotional and immersive. I highly recommend this book and author.

“That’s just the way it was the world over. Rich or poor, furious with one another or proud, you couldn’t escape family.”
I have always enjoyed this author's previous books. This latest work is another one of her must read if you are a big fan of mystery thrillers.

We are introduced to one of the main characters, Sara who has a handicapable dog. She meets Bradley who looks like the perfect guy: successful and handsome. There are a lot of layers to this pair both are secretive and mysterious, could it be that they lie a lot too?

I struggled to like Bradley because he seems too smooth and almost too perfect. Sara is emotionally detached with her own family especially her twin sister Cece.

Although I found the first quarter of the book a bit slow it piqued my interest. I persevered and was subsequently rewarded with a mind-blowing final chapter. I had an inkling about Sara's personality and her secrets but was not entirely sure.

I give credit to the author who made this book totally unpredictable. I sure didn't know what was coming and if you want to find out the big surprise then you better read this jack-in-the-box tale.
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-ARC!

This book really threw me for a loop. The relationship between Sara and her identical twin Cecelia (Cece) was both interesting and confusing at times. It was hard to tell who was hiding more secrets and who was the "bad" twin. I loved Sara and Bradley's relationship because they both hid so many secrets from one another it was hard to believe either one of them at times. And I can't forget the relationship between Sara, Cece, and Bradley! All of these relationships really made the book. The ending -- I never in a million years saw that ending coming -- major, major twist! This book really had an American Psycho vibe that I absolutely loved. I can't wait to read more by Arianne Richmonde. Highly recommend The Guilty Sister-- it will not disappoint!!

I will post my review @thrillersandcoffee on IG.
“My sister is missing. And the police think I’m to blame.”

Sara is a mirror twin and has a secret. Her sister, Cecilia, is missing and it’s unclear what happened to her.  The story unfolds with this mystery and we learn about Sara and CeCe’s relationship and upbringing.  Sara lives in NYC with her dog Poppy where she meets the successful and charming Bradley in Central Park.  With the varying POV throughout the book, we learn a little about Sara, Cecilia and Bradley.  Something is off but we’re not sure what.  There was tension and unease throughout the story and characters that we’re unsure about.  Overall, it was a good read with some twists.

Thank you @NetGalley and @Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Here’s another read I picked from Netgalley. Not entirely sure how I feel about this one. This is a mixture of slow burn mystery thriller with a tinge of romance.

This story follows Sara Keller, a book cover illustrator living in New York. She has a twin, Cecelia who is in Thailand living her influencer life. Sara enjoys her quiet life with her dog, Poppy, who she loves very much! While walking Poppy in Central Park one day, she meets Bradley, who is a perfect gentleman but he seems too good to be true. Sara is wary of him and also fear that Cecelia is going to come back and ruin it all. They all have dark secrets they want to protect hide from each other but how does it all unravel? And exactly which sister is the guilty one?

So the unraveling begins, slowly reeling me in with its switching point of view between Sara, Bradley and Cecelia. I like how the characters are portrayed, each of them adding their own little clues to the story development and I got to know them better as the story progressed. Each character has a dark side. Sara is a very likeable character. She doesn’t worry about her appearance, loves her dog and her job and is nice to everyone but I just feel that there is something off about her. I also like the personality contrast between the two sisters and how Sara really feels about Cece. Bradley on the other hand, although charming, is actually sinister and possessive. And we all know that a relationship with secrets never tend to work out well.

The story was a little slow at times but overall I enjoyed the plot. The twist did surprise me but it wasn’t mind-blowing. I also wasn’t a hundred percent happy with how the story ended but it’s still worth reading for the beautiful New York setting and also for dog lovers cause Poppy is very very lovable!

Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for the arc.
Sara and Cece are identical twins, alike in every way except that Cece is an Instagram phenomenon seen as beautiful and Sara, well, Sara is currently focused on her dog with special needs.

Shortly after Sara meets the attractive, and wealthy, Bradley in the park, Cece goes missing. Why had she kept Cece a secret from him for so long?

What else is she hiding? And does Bradley have secrets of his own?

I particularly liked how this author was able to utilize both first and third person narratives but even more important is there was a twist I never saw coming!

I love when a book can surprise me and this one succeeded. I was hooked and am super eager to see what else Arianne Richmonde has to offer!

Thank you NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Very interesting read.
Lies, secrets and manipulation, the recipe for a great psychological thriller.
Revolving around two sisters and the not so up and up people they interact with.
This book had lots of intrigue. A little slow paced but it stills hold your interest.
My first read from this Author and I'll definitely check out her other books.
Thank you to Netgalley, Bookouture and the Author, Arianne Richmonde for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I don't have much to say about this book, it's one of those books that I neither liked nor disliked; I actually felt I kept going because I had to rather than because I was interested. I felt the big secret was really obvious and predictable. I never particularly liked any of the characters, well apart from Poppy Delight. And the last twist; although I never saw the entirety of it coming, I did think there was something not quite right about that character (even thought at one point they might have been related to another character).

*Thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture and Arianne Richmonde for the copy of this book. All views are my own.*
The Guilty Sister!

Two sisters and the charming, sophisticated  Bradley… this thriller entangles you in a sexy mess of lies where someone ends up missing.  The characters are refreshing and leave you longing for more. A finish in one night kinda read… 📖

Thank you @netgally and @bookiuture for this e-book. Ariadne Richmonde is fabulous!   @arianne_richmonde

▪️Author: Ariadne Richmonde
▪️Publisher: Bookouture
▪️Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
▪️Release Date: October 19, 2021

“My sister is missing. And the police think I’m to blame.
Sara and her identical twin sister, Cecilia, are estranged.  They grew up in Africa where their parents were doctors for Doctors Without Borders.  Today, Sara lives in New York City and Cecelia lives in Thailand.  Sara works from home as an illustrator for books.  She has a dog named Poppy whose back legs require that she use a type of wheelchair to get around.  They go for walks every day and she massages her legs in hopes that he will eventually regain the use of his legs.  She loves Poppy!

Bradley is a man who enjoys his material successes and works hard for them.  One day in Central Park, he sees Sara and Poppy walking together and is drawn to them.  After a few tries, he finally meets her.  Even though he is well dressed, she is leery of him and they just share walks and sometimes a coffee.  Finally, she agrees to have dinner at his place and is amazed at the luxurious apartment he has just on 5th Avenue overlooking Central Park.

Sara is hiding a major secret that I saw through right off.  The story is rather grim in part and her relationship with Bradley is tenuous at best.  There are other strange characters that work together to give the reader a sense of unease that they read this book.  There are some very scary times here that will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next.  For me, the saving grace is Poppy.  What a love she is and the best part of the book.

Copy provided by the NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.