Cover Image: Christmas at Frozen Falls

Christmas at Frozen Falls

I really enjoy a good holiday romance read and the experience of reading this one was like being whisked away into a dream. This is a very cute second chance Christmas romance that will definitely get you into the holiday spirit if you aren't already. I might have read this one out of season, but it totally didn't matter to me because it is just one of those books that leaves a smile on your face the whole time you're reading it.
I loved the scenery, and the side characters, but didn't connect with the MC. Sylvie felt more like a young teenager than an adult. Immature, unreasonable and unrealistic. I just really didn't connect with her, but boy would I love to go lose myself in the scenery. Nari was a delight and there were cutie Husky puppies, and I'm a sucker for a dog in a book.
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Thankyou #netgalley #kileydunbar #herapublisher for the arc copy of this book for a honest review :)
At first , the story was gave me so much attention . But after a few chapter it gives me the whooe and wow.
I love the scenery of the book,it’s snowy and you can feel the Christmas vibes too,
A fun romance with giving you a second chance of love .

❤️Shaye.reads
This was a very nice story, but I'm afraid that's all it was. I picked it up thinking it would be a cute Christmas romance, and it had some aspects of it, but it was also very slow and kind of unballanced. My favorite characters here were the protagonists' best friends, which went through the most development throughout the book, and had the cutest story.

Maybe it was the intent, with the whole thing being set in a "foreign land" and all, but I felt like the main character sometimes idealized so much of what she was living and of her love interest just because she was in another country. I spent the entire book hoping for the moment when she would snap out of it and start seeing the guy she was in love with as a complex person, but she just kept wishing for things to be as they were years and years before, never considering that people change (and for the better).

It was overall a cute story, of those you know are going to keep you in a good mood, especially with the descriptions and how the author did her research on the local culture, but it didn't go much beyond. Maybe if I had the right expectations it would've worked better. As for the audiobook, the accents issue kind of bothered me in the first half of it, but then I got used to it and it was nice for keeping the narrative voice from the spoken voices, so it worked and got me into the story.
I found myself zoning out a lot while listening to this sadly. I’m not sure if it was the storyline or the lady reading but it really didn’t grab my attention.
This audiobook was so sweet! The narrator did and excellent job, and I thoroughly enjoyed listening. I will be looking to purchase this book come Christmastime. :)
A perfectly enjoyable holiday read. I listened to this audiobook during the Christmas season and felt it was the perfect escape. The author whisks you away on Sylvie’s supposed-to-be honeymoon where she runs into her still gorgeous Finnish ex-boyfriend. The story is uplifting and heartwarming. Definitely recommend! Thank you to the publisher for an advanced copy of this audiobook.
I received this audiobook as an advanced reader copy from NetGalley and exchange for an honest review. If you’re looking for a light fun holiday read this is a good fit. It was easy to listen to while driving in the narration and character so well done.  Recommend this holiday treat.
Sylvie was meant to be spending an amazing Christmas abroad on her honeymoon - that is, until her fiancé suddenly leaves her high and dry. Faced with the prospect of a Christmas alone instead, her best friend Nari convinces her to have a girls trip to see the northern lights in Finland. Shortly before they leave, Sylvie realised that her uni boyfriend, Stellan, works at the resort they are going to. Will this be too awkward, or is this a second chance at love for Sylvie?

This was a very cute Christmas romance - exactly what I needed in the lead up to Christmas (yes, that’s how far behind I am on this review!!). The audio was done really well and I have fond memories of listening to this as I was walking whilst rehabbing after surgery. If you are after hallmark Christmas books, I definitely recommend this one! This is a 3.5 stars from me!

Thanks to @netgalley and @sagaegmont for the review audio.
This is more wintery romance rather than a christmas romance read, Sylvie wants to get away and start a fresh after her fiancé ends things. So she and her best made go away at christmas to lapland where Sylvie meets the man that got away.

This is a very PG slow building romance. So if you wanting passion or smut this isn't a book for you to read, but if you want a slow does he doesn't he like me, romance then this is possibly for you. But as mentioned above this isn't really a christmas theme which again let this down abit, as there was very little christmas magic in the book.

I think i would have enjoyed this book more if i had read it rather than listened to the audiobook. The narrator was really off putting with the ever changing and annoying character acsents.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with a copy of the audiobook for an honest review.
I actually don't have a lot to say about this book. Looking for an easy, cute holiday romance not set in the US? This one's for you. It's a pretty basic romance, with second chances, beautiful backdrop and friendships. Not a bad read, but not very memorable, either.

/ Denise
Firstly, Thank you NetGalley, author Kiley Dunbar, and also Hera publishing for giving me a audio arc copy of this book in exchange for a review. I can say that I have never read a romance novel set in Finland until now. I really enjoyed this sweet and entertaining romance,  perfect for any time of year but especially wonderful in the run up to Christmas. The location made for a beautiful, charming Christmas setting and plus there were huskies. It is a heartwarming story of taking a second chance on love.
This book gets top marks from me for the locale and the interesting research the author did on the history and customs of the area, but the story fell flat for me. There was little to no chemistry between Sylvie and Stellan and when she finds out the reason he left her and broke her heart back in college, I was quite annoyed.

Additionally, the secondary romance between Nari and Niilo, though cute and charming, had no place here and would have been better as its own story. The back and forth between the two couples got to be very distracting. The narrator’s accents for Stellan and Niilo didn’t work for me either. Stellan’s dialogue sounded stilted and forced and it pulled me out of the story numerous times. In hindsight, I would recommend the printed version over the audio version.

My Final Verdict: Readers who enjoy a story with a beautifully detailed and researched locale will enjoy this trip to Lapland, but readers looking for a magical Christmas romance may want to look elsewhere.
Sylvie and her best friend Nari plan a trip to Lapland at Christmas after Sylvie is brutally dumped by her partner of 10 years, just a week before their wedding. Sylvie and Nari run into a familiar face and a new friend, and of course, romance abounds!

As I have traveled to Lapland at Christmastime, I found this book to be a super fun read! It really reminded me of my time there, and I found the book entirely accurate as far as a Christmas visit to Lapland goes. Husky sledding, beautiful sky colors and tons of snow! This book will transport you right to Lapland during the holidays.

This book is such a fun holiday read for anyone who likes to cozy up with a hot cup of tea and be transported to somewhere fun during Christmas. I listened to this book on audio, and the narrator did a great job! Her voice is very soothing and she is easy to listen to.

Special thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this audio ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately Christmas at Frozen Falls by Kiley Dunbar and narrated by Helen Duff just wasn't for me.

I felt the story was a little repetitive and the characters seemed young for their age, maybe I am just too old for this one and I am more the problem than the book itself.

I know there will be many people that will really enjoy this one but it just wasn't for me and I ended up DNFing at 70% even though I was so close to the end I just wasn't able to truly connect with the characters.

Thank you to the Publishers and NetGalley for this audiobook in exchange for my review I am just sorry I wasn't the right audience for this book.
This was a cute and quick audiobook to listen to during the holiday season. It was short and sweet, but kept my attention with great plot lines throughout. Thank you to NetGalley and Saga Egmont Audio for a copy of this audiobook for an honest review.
Thank you so much to NetGalley and Saga Egmont Audio for my copy of Christmas at Frozen Falls by Kiley Dunbar, Narrated by Helen Duff in exchange for an honest review, it published October 31, 2021.
Well, because of this book, I need to go to Finland now! What a great description of the setting, I feel like I learned a lot! I just loved it all.
I enjoyed the premise, and the alternating points of view, and I really liked the blog parts.
This is a slightly open-door romance, although I was easily able to skip over those parts and not miss out on the story itself.
Starts out real sad which I was not prepared for. It was also a pretty slow first half but once I got about half way through it was super cute. I love Stellan and frozen falls. Perfect Christmas read
What an adorable holiday read! I definitely recommend this book for anyone trying to get into the holiday spirit!

Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This Story was absolutely cute. And made me want to up and leave all this Christmas chaos behind and retreat into nature.