Cover Image: A Fatal Feast

A Fatal Feast

Princess Fuzzypants here:  In preparation for their grand opening of Prive, an exclusive ultra gourmet dining club, a select group of guests have been invited to sample the fine fare including Meg.  She has been instrumental in getting the place ready as she has handled the interior design and decoration.  The food is exemplary.  But there is more on the menu than fine food.  There is vitriol by the bucket between the three owners and also between the chef and her sous chef.  There are some shady things going on but it is not until Meg and Kelsie the chef, discover the body of the sous chef the next day that Meg realizes there was one more item on the menu.  Murder.

Meg’s friend and partner Elle decide they need to get involved.  Winery owner Bethany has a myriad of reasons to dislike the victim.  But once the ladies start asking questions and digging deeper, they discover more things bubbling away in the pot.  Affairs, questionable ethics, rivalries and more have Meg wondering who did the deed and why.

Set in the Hamptons, the description of some very pricey real estate is fun reading how the other 1 per cent lives.  It has the feel of an old time 1930s mystery with some great relationships and characters.  Meg is spunky and smart and while she can get into tight situations, she is not blatantly reckless.  I do, however, object to how she describes Jo, a Maine Coon.  We are big kitties and deserve more respect from our humans.
I will forgive her.  Five purrs and two paws up.
I don't remember reading any books in this series but that didn't stop my enjoyment of this book.  I was able to follow the cast of characters easily.

I found the mystery enjoyable with just the right amount of twist and turns.  The characters seemed real and were interesting.
A Fatal Feast Earns 5/5 Glasses of Whine…Engaging & Clever!

Bethany Garnier, owner of Garnier Vineyard and Winery, is furious that her family’s home was not sold to a family, but instead to investors and renovated as an exclusive gourmet dining club, Privé (French for “private”). Meg Barrett, owner of an interior design business, is the target of her rant since she had been the chief decorator for the project. Bethany herself had filed plans to open a full-service restaurant, and after accusing the Privé owners of collusion, she added they must also have bought off the zoning commission. Yet, when Bethany learns that Sasha Morgan is Privé’s sous chef, a woman with whom she has her own contentious past, she happily gloats that the new “not a restaurant” is doomed. Meg ignores Bethany’s whining and focuses more on being invited to an exclusive pre-opening dinner with the three owners and kitchen staff the only ones in attendance. The multiple-course culinary masterpiece far exceeded Meg’s expectation and being asked to act as waitress and busgirl may have been odd, but the least of her worries: sniping in the kitchen, threats, ultimatums, awkward vibes among the guests, and…another dead body!

Bon appetit! Kathleen Bridge has penned her sixth engaging cozy in her Hampton’s Home & Garden Mystery series with a compelling murder mystery made totally engaging with multiple suspects to ponder and motives of which karma might just sanction the felonious actions: embittered competition, disgruntled lovers, blackmail, and secrets worth keeping at any cost. The varied characters have well-developed personalities, challenges from past tragedies, and respond in a reasonable fashion to situations…realism, I enjoy that. Kathleen’s writing style is always entertaining and compelling, easy to read with vivid descriptions to make the Hamptons all what you’d expect, characters you enjoy following, informative banter illustrating mood and tone, and a reveal that is always a satisfying surprise. Kathleen also provides marvelous recipes as a bonus: Coq ah Vin, a traditional French-inspired treat from Meg’s father Jeff Barrett, four of Meg’s Compound Butter Recipes, and for something sweet, Patrick’s Molten Chocolate Cakes. She also includes “Meg & Elle’s Think Outside-the-Box Guide to Cozy Decorating” with great ideas using everyday items in a creative manner to spruce up one’s home decor and tips when searching for vintage treasures. Don’t miss out on this cozy page-turner gem!
A Fatal Feast by by Kathleen Bridge is book six in the A Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery series. This is only the second in the series I have read.
This well written story has great characters, plenty of plot twists and suspects, romance, friendship, and loveable pets. There are also references to antiques. You will not want to put it down.
I was given an ARC from Beyond the Page Publishing via NetGa;lley for an honest review.
The first thing that drew me into this book was the cover - who doesn't love a cozy mystery set in the Hamptons with wine involved?! This is Book #6 in this series. I haven't read any earlier books in this series so I was hesitant in reading it; but it can be read as a stand alone, though I will be reading books 1-5. I liked the main character, Meg, who is an interior designer who has a knack for solving crimes (which is a 'normal' cozy mystery premise). When difficult sous chef Sasha is discovered murdered in a walk in freezer of a fancy dining club (that Meg decorated), she has to find the killer. A great read!

Thanks NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Beyond the Page Publishing  and #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

I love a cozy mystery and this one didn’t disappoint. I was happily surprised by twists I didn’t expect. Often a cozy can be predictable- that’s not a bad thing- this has me guessing.
I thoroughly enjoyed 'A Fatal Feast' by Kathleen Bridge.  The crime was perhaps too grisly for a cozy but the  suspects had lifestyles and characteristics that made the crime plausible.  I really enjoyed the progress in the relationship between Meg and Patrick, with all the accompanying angst. I am grateful to have read the previous books in the series, and look forward to many more.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in theis review are entirely my own.
I received this ARC via Netgalley and Beyond The Page Publishing, in return for an honest review. While the sixth book in this series, it is easily read as a standalone.  Interior designer Meg Barrett completes a tricky remodeling job for a new exclusive gourmet dining club.  Invited to a menu tasting pre-opening with the owners, chef, and sous chef, Meg hopes to hear accolades about the design and enjoy a sumptuous meal.  Instead, she’s treated to infighting, staff dissension, odd emotional undertones and to serve as the waiter for the meal.  Not quite the celebratory evening she’s anticipated!  When an attendee is found dead the next day, everyone starts pointing fingers and anyone, except Meg, could be the guilty party.  Add in the former owner of the property who would never have sold to this group, if she’d known, and there are so many potential murderers!   Because Meg agreed to do an additional restoration of a small building on the property, she’s forced to interact with these people while trying to stay alive and in one piece!
This is a fun series and well-told story.  The author adds twists that you don’t expect, resulting in a satisfying entry in this series.
Another good addition to this series I love.
It's a complex mystery, full of twists, and it kept me hooked till the end.
A compelling and highly entertaining read that made me travel to the Hamptons and enjoy the descriptions of the places, food and antiques.
Meg is a clever and relatable woman, Patrick is an intersting character with plenty of baggage.
The characters are fleshed out and the plot flows.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
A Fatal Feast by Kathleen Bridge is the 6th book in the Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery series. Meg Barrett is an interior designer who had a large part in decorating a new gourmet dining club, Prive.  At the pre-opening, a lot of people were talking and complaining about the sous chef.  When the sous chef was found murdered the next morning, the mystery begins.  I really enjoyed this book, I felt I was right there with them. I can't wait for the next book in the series. I highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a good mystery.
I wasn’t sure if this would be my type of read but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wanted to keep on reading and would like to read more by this author. Well done.
A Fatal Feast by Kathleen Bridge was a delightful mystery set in the Hamptons! It’s the sixth book in the Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery Series. I didn’t realize there were more books in the series when I started it and still enjoyed it without having read the others which I now can’t wait to go back and read! I will suggest starting at the beginning to any new readers as now I know some later developments.

Meg Barrett is an interior designer in the Hamptons with a reputation for solving crimes. When snarky sous chef Sasha is discovered murdered in a walk in freezer of an exclusive dining club Meg decorated she has to bring a killer to justice!

I loved this idyllic setting against antiquing and the Hamptons Horse-show Classic! Meg is Deaf and I loved getting to learn about the adaptations she uses and a Deaf person as the main character.
I found so much to love about this mystery! Meg Barrett is a decorator in the Hamptons who specialising in vintage and antique design. It's the eve of the grand opening of an exclusive gourmet dining club, Privé. A small group are present for a feast at the pre-opening but one of them is found dead...

This is the 6th book in Kathleen Bridge's Hamptons Home & Garden Mystery series and it doesn't disappoint. The main character, Meg is appealing and there is a variety of suspects to choose from with motives. A Fatal Feast has ignited a keenness to read the previous instalments while awaiting book seven.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Beyond the Page Publishing via NetGalley and this review is my unbiased opinion.
I am a huge fan of cozy mysteries, and Kathleen Bridge offers up a charming one in the book, A Fatal Feast. Meg Barrett is an interior designer who just finished the designs of an exclusive dining club. Things are already off to a rocky start when Bethany, the owner of the nearby winery and restaurant feels slighted over her family's home being taken over. Things get even more complicated when Sasha, who was working at the exclusive dining club - and the former employee of Sasha turns up dead. The police focus on Bethany, but when Meg and her friend Elle start to investigate on their own, they wonder if Bethany really is the killer.

Filled with fun, food, and delightful characters as well as an exciting mystery, A Fatal Feast was a great cozy mystery that I thoroughly enjoyed. The author does great with food details (one of my favorite aspects of cozy mysteries!) and it really made me hungry as I read. Definitely would recommend!
Great series and author. If you haven't read this book yet. I highly recommend doing so. Read the books in order
This was a good one although I did figure it out quickly. I like the dynamic between Meg and El.
#AFatalFeast #NetGalley
Tensions are high on the eve of the grand opening of Privé, an exclusive gourmet dining club that interior designer Meg Barrett played a large part in decorating. With just the well-heeled owners, the kitchen staff, and Meg gathered for the pre-opening feast, it seems that everyone in the small group is airing their grievances, with their most venomous attacks directed at the notorious sous chef. But it still comes as a shock when the young woman is found dead the following morning, and Meg knows she’ll have to go into sleuthing mode to discover who had murder slated for the main course. This is the 6th book in this series and it doesn't disappoint. As aways, interesting characters and a well-written mystery make this, along with everything else this author writes, a joy to read. Thank you NetGalley for the advanced readers copy  to review.
Thank you NetGalley and Beyond the Page Publishing for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. A Fatal Feast was my introduction to the series, although I had previously read other books by Kathleen Bridge. I was charmed from the very first pages, and I have to say that Ms. Bridge's writing is enjoyable. The characters are well developed, and the settings are described in such a way that they are easy to picture. The main character, Meg, is pleasant, which is an important point for me to keep reading a book. There is a nice assortment of suspects to choose from, which is always great in a mystery book. I liked the fact that the author hints at a few things, while never straying from the core characteristics of a cozy mystery. A Fatal Feast has sparked my interest to read the previous entries in the series, waiting for the next book.
This was a good cozy mystery.  I really enjoyed reading it.  It had a good plot as well as believeable characters.  I did notice some repetition of sentences in some of the chapters.  I highly recommend this book to other cozy mystery readers.
I never read book in this series before. Throughout this book are  descriptions the restaurant atmosphere, which made the plot exciting for me and wanting to read it in the first place,  I appreciated Meg's intelligence and strength despite her hearing disability saying amateur sleuths are not without flaws or disabilities. It was also fascinating to see her relationship with her best selling author, Patrick, who carries his own baggage.
 Reading more about Meg's interior design business and her love for vintage furniture was also enjoyable. I was not expecting the murderer to be who he was, but I was still intrigued.

Thank you Beyond the Page and Netgalley for the ARC of this book. This was a honest review.