Cover Image: 12 Hours To Say I Love You

12 Hours To Say I Love You

Pippa has been rushed in to hospital after an accident - but where was she going when it happened? The story of Pippa and Steve is told through flashbacks to when they met and how they got together.

I felt it ended it a bit abruptly and would have liked more of the story at the end of the book.
This book begins with Pip being rushed into hospital following an accident and her husband Steve advised to talk to her. He tells Pip their story and all the reasons why he loves her. The book switches between flashbacks and the hospital, with Pip and Steve as narrators. The dual timeline was very cleverly written and worked really well as the story of their past unfolded in tandem with their current situation.

This was a lovely book; emotional yet witty and the dual perspective effectively developed the characters and really brought them to life. I found this a compelling read, and I really enjoyed both the writing style and the story.

Thanks to the the publisher for the opportunity to read this book on exchange for an honest review.
Reading this book will give you a rollercoaster of emotions, happy, sad, devastation, shock are the ones that come to mind.
From friendship to love, Steve and Pippa’s relationship is beautiful from the start with many hardships thrown in.
I liked that the story moved from the present back to other moments in their relationship and felt that gave the story more of an impact.
Thank you Netgalley and Headline Review for a copy of this book in return for my honest review.
I started this book blind and not knowing what to expect.  To begin with I thought it was the usual romance novel however with some really really lovely writing we are told the story of Steven and Pippa and how they fell in love and the struggles they have with starting a family.  The passages covering the loss of their baby were so beautifully written, having been in the same situation myself I was right there in Pippa's grief.

The injections of humor were spot on and made for a truly wonderful read.  I look forward to seeing what the authors can do together again.
I loved this book!! All I needed during these grey January days. The dual narrative and timeline are very well written, and the voices of Steve and Pippa distinctive so it's easy to keep up with the story. I also liked the going back and forth between past and present.
The end could've lasted a page or two longer if you asked me, but nonetheless very much enjoyed reading this!
When your emotions are already all over the place, and you have a Steve to blame, maybe it’s not the time to read a heartbreaking romance. For me, this is exactly the time. The sometimes cynical Dani is replaced by a hopeless romantic and dreams that someone, even fictional characters, may get their happily ever after.

After a tragic car accident, Pippa is clinging to life. Steve now sits at her bedside and with the hope she can hear, he begins recounting the story of their love. Unheard pleas for the love of his life to come back to him.

Told via flashbacks immersed with real-time moments at the hospital, we follow as Steve & Pippa share a plethora of stories that fill the pages full of love, tragedy & humour that is so real, so relatable you can’t help but think of them as your friends.
Steve is harbouring a secret love. And Pippa, the object of his affections, is completely oblivious to this until 1 turbulent flight, she finally realises he is the one. And that flight scene is one of my favourites. It’s touching. I love that mystery man.

I adore the realism of the main characters. They are flawed, like us all, but loveable, too. It’s as heartwarming as it is breaking. showing the strength of their relationship, their love as they tackle the challenges life throws at them, hand in hand.

Pippa is hilarious, if a little self-centered, but gave me Bridget Jones vibes (especially after the flight from hell) & it makes me love her more.
Steve is sweet. Forever by Pippa’s side. All he ever does is for her. However he does anger me, but I can’t say without giving a spoiler. It’s just something that touches a little close to home.

This is a beautiful, poignant story of love.

Thank you NetGalley & Headline for the ARC ebook. This is my honest review.

4.5 ~ A couple of times it felt a little disjointed & not explained until later. There was a fat-shaming line/joke. And even if I come across as a snowflake, I didn’t feel it was needed.
And sometimes, the use of metaphors was a little much.
12 Hours To Say I Love You by Olivia Poulet & Laurence Dobiesz is an absolutely gripping tale of what it means to love and be loved. It is beautiful, heartbreaking, warm, funny and very special indeed.

12 Hours follows Pippa and Steve. It is a story told in two parts, interwoven throughout. We are faced with the agonising 12 hours of March 2nd 2019, where Steve rushes to the hospital to find his wife Pippa in an induced coma following a traffic accident. Steve has been told to keep talking to Pippa to try to bring her back to him. The second part of this story follows Steve and Pippa’s relationship, from when they first met properly as teenagers right until the night before Pippa’s accident.

The use of the duel timelines throughout the book worked very well. As we chart our way through Steve and Pippa’s relationship we gain their insights and feelings through alternating first person narrative. When we are in the 12 hours of March 2nd, the third person approach works well to differentiate what’s happening within Pippa’s hospital room. The way Poulet and Dobiesz juggle building the tension of those 12 hours with the flashbacks to their relationship is very well done indeed.

I really liked both Pippa and Steve as characters and felt that they were well matched. They worked well as a team and it was clear just how much they meant to each other. Neither of them were perfect and life had dealt them some tough cards, I won’t reveal what these are so as not to spoil the story but I will say there are some trigger warnings here. Despite all of this, it is their love that Steve desperately hopes will bring Pippa back to him.

This is a story that made me smile, laugh and cry. It is a story of love, hope, grief and what it is to be human. I very much enjoyed it.
I gave up 483 pages of my life for that ending! I’m not ok with that!

I loved the characters and I was invested in the storyline, I thought both sides were written really well and I liked the idea of time flipping between then and how but I’m just too mad at the ambiguity of the ending to give any more coherent thoughts
Beautifully tender, heart wrenching writing that reminds you that life is fragile and to tell those you love that you love them!

12 hours to say I love you is stunningly raw and real.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for letting me read an advance copy of this book in exchange for my feedback.
12 Hours To Say I Love You is such a powerful and heartwarming read, I did not want the book to end or to leave the characters behind.

The story is told from the alternating perspectives of married couple Pippa and Steve and at the start of the book we learn that Pippa is in critical condition in hospital after a car accident and Steve is by her side hoping and praying for her recovery. In extended flashbacks we learn about the history of their relationship from how they met many years before and the ups and downs of their friendship, romance and desires to start a family.

I loved getting to know Pippa and Steve through their individual viewpoints and thought that the growth of their characters across the years depicted in the story was brilliant and brought them to life. The structure of chapters set in the present day interspersed with moments from their past worked so well in adding context and deeper meaning to the turmoil of Pippa and Steve's situation in the now.

This was a beautiful love story with funny, relatable and believable characters and I was completely invested in their journey from start to finish.

Thank you to Netgalley and Headline for the ARC.
I loved picking this book up during winter break, but it did leave me a bit sentimental after picking it up, and that’s sometimes a good thing! I loved learning about Pippa and Steve’s romance and following through their ups and downs was an emotional roller coaster.

This is one of those books that hurts so much yet fills you with hope. Hope for love against the odds and struggles that life seems to throw our way.

I really enjoyed this novel and I’m very excited for its release.

Thank you NetGalley and the Publisher for this ARC.
This is an okay book in this genre. the idea is good but needed editing down as it is very long in some areas that do not work as well. The mystery element is not well played out and only really is covered in any detail near to the end so the premise of why was Pippa in the car and what happened is really underplayed - yet this could have been referred to right the way through the book to keep that mystery flowing.
I enjoyed the book but felt that if it had been shorter by editing down and the theme of why was more central it would have been a lot better.
I love a big, soaring, life-affirming book and that’s exactly what I was expecting from this one. I was delighted to be accepted for it on NetGalley and I can certainly say that these characters will be with me for a while.

Pippa Gallagher is in an induced coma, following a severe car accident. Scenes from her life flash through her unconscious mind as her beloved husband Steve anxiously waits for his wife to wake up. Steve has no idea where Pippa was going when the accident happened and he’s devastated that he wasn’t there when she needed him the most. All he knows is that Pippa is his world and that he needs her to pull through. He will spend the next 12 hours telling her why he loves her because everything else is now out of his hands.

One thing that struck me was the beauty of Pippa and Steve’s relationship. They have the kind of gorgeous, crazy love where they know every little detail of each other’s bodies because they’ve spent time studying each other. There is something so intimate and heartwarming about watching Steve take in every little part of Pippa’s face, as if he’s simply willing some sign of life into it. My heart both broke and swelled in the same sentence!

Pippa is undeniably, madly in love with Steve too and I loved being able to track it through her memories. Throughout the book, we join the two of them as they meet each other’s families, go on adventures with their friends and the development of their relationship. Seeing them constantly be there for each other, work through their tensions and emerge stronger was lovely to witness and so romantic.

It is also wonderfully funny at points and I laughed out loud at the hilarious scrapes that both Pippa and Steve get themselves into. They’re both a little awkward at the beginning and it’s so cute watching them try to impress each other. This is exactly the kind of romance that I love and I couldn’t help but become enamoured with both of them.

There are trigger warnings for miscarriage and fertility struggles and my heart broke when Pippa describes how it feels to be a childless woman (unwillingly) in her late 30s. I know that so many women will be able to relate to her story and see themselves in her pain. My heart broke in these chapters and this heartache only worsened as the book raced towards its end.

12 Hours To Say I Love You is both a heartbreaking and heartwarming novel. Pippa and Steve are a couple who deserve the world and walking with them through such raw, dark emotions completely destroyed me. Celebrating the beauty and imperfections of true love, 12 Hours To Say I Love You is a funny, romantic book that you’ll need the tissues for.
I liked this. It was sweet but did feel the timeline was a bit disjointed. And was disappointed at the ending. Will still read more from them.

Thanks goes to net galley and the publishers for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
A good read, lots of time hopping that you have to get used to - took a while to get into as well.  A well written book but not my most favourite recent read.
I would like to thank the authors, the publisher and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read an ARC of this book, I enjoyed it, it was quite different to what I was expecting.
Such a heartwarming, emotional book. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for the opportunity to read and review this book.
A lovely book which is so sad but uplifting at the same time.  It tells the love story and how the same thing can be so different for the people involved.  You are rooting for her to come round and be with the man who loves her and she loves.
Oh my gosh, this book nearly broke me. It was so romantic and funny and real and relatable. I love that it is written by both a male and female author. I was able to read this in two sittings as I wanted to know where the story of Pippa and Steve was headed. This was such an emotional read and I loved every page, there was such humor, poignancy and depth...but most of all there was love...the friendship kind, the family type and the couple variety.

This was such a nice surprise because I wanted to read this book based on the cover and blurb alone. That ending was amazing and I do hope it means there will be a book two, if not I will let my imagination decide what happens next. If you love a great romance story that is really so much more than that I highly recommend this read.
Read and reviewed in exchange for a free copy from NetGalley.  Whilst I initially found this difficult to get into, as I got further into the book, I became invested in the story of the two main characters.  It was emotive and heartwarming.