Cover Image: Sink or Swimwear

Sink or Swimwear

As a technical designer for a large international apparel company, I was especially interested in this book, since my responsibilities were creating tech packs and working with factories regarding the fit approval of mens and boys pants, shorts, jeans, swim trunks and boardshorts.
I identified with a lot of the author's experiences working in the fashion industry and it was great to read about her professional journey.
Jennifer Weisman has overcome many obstacles and has persevered to become successful.
However, her book reads more like a personal diary than a memoir and this is just my opinion, but I feel she could have left out the more negative accounts of her former employees and some negative comments about her friends & family and it would still have been an affirming and informative book.
This is a very beautiful memoir into many different things. Heartache and trauma, ptsd and longing. I really loved and appreciated this for what it was and I did tear up at certain moments of the book but it was beautiful and I really adored it! 5 out of 5 stars!
A great memoir about mental illness and a business. As someone that suffers from anxiety it’s nice to see women succeeding while dealing with this.  I highly recommend this read.