Cover Image: Partner Pursuit

Partner Pursuit

This book follows a lawyer named Aubrey, who is a workaholic. Her new next-door neighbor Jake is outgoing and is the opposite as his father was a workaholic and swore he would never be that way. The story follows the two of them on life's journey and we watch how their relationship grows and Aubrey thinks he could be the one.  A little bit predictable as she has to choose between her long-time dream of being partner and the literal guy next door.
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange of an honest review.

That is a fun book.  I really enjoyed it.
I don't know what to think about this book. It seemed great, just the writing and everything in the story was so cliche. I just couldn't read it. I started it and then stopped. It was pretty slow too.
LOVED reading this and read the whole book in one sitting! Loved Audrey and Jake's story from how they met to how they really got to know each other and everything they went through together. They had different views on some things but it was great to see how they grew and changed throughout the book. The conflict with Colette was also relatable as I feel as though everyone has dealt with someone like that at some point in their lives. There were definitely a few twists I didn't see coming which drew me in even more. Definitely recommend!
I was drawn to the cover of this book, and then the blurb hooked me. Overall, I enjoyed the realistic feeling of this book, as Audrey worked to balance her pursuit of partner at a big NYC law firm and her personal life.
While I appreciated Ms Strobos knowledge of law, I sometimes had trouble connecting with the writing style and all of the lawyer jargon.

Thank you NetGalley and Publisher for the e-copy of Partner Pursuit.
This book lured me in with the cover - it is so cute. However it fell a little flat. Audrey is working to make partner at her law firm when she meets Jake, her new music executive neighbour (did I mention he's a hottie?!) Jake's father is a workaholic lawyer so he's used to seeing that kind of lifestyle and doesn't appreciate it. However that's Audrey's life being a lawyer. It's a cute story however is marred with all of the lawyer jargon (yawn!) and definitely not hot enough romance for my liking (c'mon Jake is hot....make it spark!)

Thanks netgalley and the publisher for the ARC!
The blurb seemed interesting. The cover is very attractive. The female protagonist sounds like a strong, powerful character (in the blurb), however when you read the story, she doesn't seem so. The writing style didn't grip me and situations are not interesting enough to keep you {me} hooked. But above all, the main reason why I didn't enjoy the read was the characters. I just couldn't connect.
This book was so cute. She wants to get that partnership so badly but what will happen to him? His father was a lawyer and now he resents them. But not her though. She changed his opinion on lawyers all thanks to her. But will there relationship be able to last?
I enjoyed the story and the drive of the main character to make the decisions for herself and not to appease the love interest. However, I could tell right away that the author worked in law in a past life. Everything was so immersed in the workplace, too many cases and names to be shuffling for a romance novel and there wasn’t room for any actual chemistry. I look forward to seeing how the author grows in future releases.
I liked this book!
Truthfully I liked Audrey. She was a strong woman throughout the book who showed she did not need anyone to help her achieve her goals. A total baddie. Then there was Jake who was a total swoon. This book was such a cute rom-com, and I recommend it! I loved the workplace romance and the tension (good tension, might I add). Overall I think this is a good book, and I had so many good laughs!
I really wanted to like this book more than I did, but the writing style wasn't my favorite. The author tended to state the different actions the character was doing during the scene instead of immersing the reader into the story. For this reason, I had a hard time connecting with the characters and engaging with the story. However, even though the writing style wasn't my preference, I know other readers might love it!

The overall plot and idea for the story is super cute! It's about Audrey, who is a lawyer and is working non-stop, so she can make partner at her law firm. She then meets Jake who will never date a lawyer like his father.

If you love a strong female lead and a cute relationship, then give this book a read!

Thank you NetGalley and Strawbundle Publishing for a free copy of this book via Kindle in return for an honest review.
2.25 stars! It just wasn’t the book for me…

Audrey is working towards partner at her law firm when she meets Jake, her new hot music exec neighbor who also had a workaholic lawyer dad. It’s clear he knows how this goes. As they begin their relationship, Audrey finds more success in work but is struggling to balance her work/personal life especially with someone like Jake who she likes so much. Audrey begins to question what life is about and how to balance it all.

This had more lawyer jargon I really didn’t care for and not enough romance. All the moments with Jake were great but they were so overpowered by Audrey’s work, even I felt neglected. Their relationship was predictable and every issue that came up seemed to have just the perfect solution. I feel like there should’ve also been more of a story there with her mom but it resolved itself pretty quickly. I’m just not interested in law and the deep dive into it was not exciting. It took me awhile to finish and I never fully got into it. If you are more into reading about one’s work with romance as a side plot, this one’s for you!

Thanks netgalley and the publisher for the ARC!
I struggled to get into this, through no fault of the writing, I just didn't gel with the characters, and the whole story was just a bit too alien for me
This one had a really cute premise and I liked the idea. I’m typically a big fan when women’s fiction meets romance. However, this one just missed the mark for me. I just wanted…more. The writing style wasn’t my favorite either. All in all not a bad book by any stretch of the imagination, but I think my age contributed to me not relating to this one.
This book was exactly what I needed in my life right now, especially being in a somewhat similar situation to Audrey at work at the moment. Finding it here on Netgalley when I did, especially as it turned out that they offered a free copy, was pure luck. Looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.

⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

Since I'm a girl who likes romance, I must say this book is so adorable. I really love how the characters express their selves and it was too cute ❤️ Read this book after a reading slump of mine and it made me go back to reading again because it was so light and humourous.
Partner Pursuit was a cute and easy read, that didn’t feel too high-stakes even when the main character felt it was.

If you’re into breezy romances, definitely check this out. It’s got will-they-or-won’t-they, it’s got work drama, and and it has a (brief and fairly quiet) love triangle.

It felt like everything Audrey had tossed at her was wrapped up extremely easily, which made it difficult to be super invested in her struggles. But for a light and low-angst read, it was super fun!
What a delightful story!  This one has caught  my attention from the cover, but also for the blurb, and I'm glad that I was right on picking it as my next reading. I enjoyed this so much, starting with the fact that it involves 3 things I am related to:  I went to the law school as Audrey, I am also  sing so Music is has a huge part of my life and I have started to study about marketing recently. So I guess this book was made to me hahaha All jokes aside, This narrative is so light and easy to be read, and the message about what to do with life, and pursuit the things that are truly important in life got all my favor. 5 stars and all my heart!
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle by Strawbundle Publishing and #NetGalley for my honest opinion.

A will they/won’t they charming romantic story full of characters that are likable enough.
A sweet book - great setting, great chemistry, great characters. It's exactly what you want in a romance. I kept turning the pages, wanting to know more!