Cover Image: Lonely Hearts

Lonely Hearts

sprry it has taken so long too review this i got out of reading for a while i havent read a lisa gray book before but i just couldnt put this one down was gripped from beginning too end and really liked Jessica will be keeping an eye put for the next one
I love police procedurals and PI books. This was an interesting take on the search of a missing woman who was a pen pal  with a prisoner convicted of murder. The mystery spans over dual timelines with PI Jessica searching for Veronica using tips from Veronica’s best friend. The trail leads Jessica in several directions and then she discovers the clue that changes everything. This is book #4 in the Jessica Shaw Series and my first.
This is the fourth book in a series. I knew that going in and took a chance that it wouldn't be hard to catch up and I was right. There were lots of little twists in this tale involving Jessica Shaw, PI, as she delved into a "finding love on death row" situation causing deaths outside the prison. As she gets to the heart of the situation, Jessica finds herself being watched closely as well. I read this book quickly and absolutely loved it! Great thriller and thankful for the ARC
This was a cleverly plotted mystery with some twists that kept me guessing. Jessica has spunk and is a likeable character. Great series.
Many thanks to Amazon Publishing UK and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This is the first book I’ve read from this series but I loved Jessica so I will definitely be going back to read the rest. A private investigator makes a change from all the police procedural books l I read. This book is full of twists and turns with lots of drama. I kicked myself for not working something out sooner. I’m also so intrigued by people that are obsessed with death row prisoners so that was an interesting plot point. The quick pace and short chapters made it an easy read that I devoured in 2 sittings.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Fourth in the series about private investigator Jessica Shaw. An intriguing storyline which goes back and forth and has lots of twists and turns. A good read.
A suspenseful, twisty story that kept me gripped to the last page. Really enjoyed reading this one and look forward to more from this talented author. 5 stars
I really love this series. It is one of the best ones going right now, in my opinion, and I was not at all disappointed in this latest entry. I like this author's writing style. It is just very easy to read and the stories are very engrossing. I never get bored, there are always twists and turns and new info being discovered. I like the Jessica character and Pryce and Connor and am interested in seeing where Jessica goes from here. I blew through this book in one day and can't wait for Jessica's next case
Number four in the series about a private investigator Jessica Shaw. This time she is hired to find someone who has been missing for over fifteen years.. I am really enjoying this series, Jessica is a strong and interesting character and I’m looking forward to the next instalment.
#LonelyHearts #NetGalley

Lonely Hearts
(Jessica Shaw #4)
by Lisa Gray

Finding love through the want ads is nothing new. But finding love with a death row inmate is a different way to well find it. How would you date? Communication is done by mail, so pen pal love is the way to go.

PI Jessica Shaw is hired by Christine to find her friend  Veronica who wrote to inmates 20 some years ago.

Travis Dean Ford is interesting, he must have been  very charismatic and charming, but he also had a secret. He was a serial killer. But he got caught.

So on death row he recieved  many letters and love offers from women. Surprisingly he met, married and fathered a child with Veronica.
Behind bars no less.

Then Veronica and her daughter vanished.

So Jessica is hired to find them.

Are they still alive?

The story switched back and forth through time and is told by different people.

Even though this is the fourth book in the series and the first I had read by the author it can easily be read as a stand-alone.

The plot was interesting, most of the characters were nice, and the killer well he was a mixture of things but nothing I would like or love.

The switching of who was telling what in different chapters kept the story moving and gave it more depth.

The suspense and mystery were very good.

The fast paced plot and the short chapters kept me reading. I needed to know how things would turn out.

So I enjoyed the twists and turns and would recommend this book to people who like thrillers and mysteries.

4****

Thank you Netgalley for the complimentary arc in exchange for an honest review.
Another one that I could not get into.
I thought this sounded really promising but I could not get into the story
Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book for an honest review.

Another new book that I hadn't realised was 4th in a series.  Made little difference to me as there was enough background covered that this can be read as a standalone book.

A good book about a private investigator employed to find a friend who's been missing for over a decade.  Lots of intrigue and different points of view throughout the story.  Would recommend for crime/whodunit lovers!
A clever mystery book with plenty of  twists and turns.  What a great series - can't wait for the next book!!

A private investigator tracks a woman who gave birth to the daughter of a notorious serial killer.  There are lots of twists and turns in this mystery novel.

I love the strong female characters.  It was a very fun read.
Jessica Shaw a PI is hired to find a long lost friend of Christine's, Veronica Lowe who had disappeared after a photo was published of her and her daughter with the child father, a prisoner in death row.
Jessica starts diggng and putting together the pieces as to where Veronica may have gone.
All is not as it seems though and Jessica seems to be uncovering more mysteries as she is investigating.
Good read and the story flows well.
I got an ARC of this book from NetGalley and it was after I'd requested the book that I realized that it is part of a series and that this is the 4th installment. But I don't think that caused a problem. The book can be easily read as a standalone because you can still connect with the characters.

Jessica Shaw is a PI who is hired by a Christine Ryan to find a long lost friend. What looks like a simple missing persons case quickly becomes a lot more complicated, because the lost friend was at some point of time the lover of a serial killer, whose wife has recently been killed. I was engulfed in this gripping story from the beginning. The writing is fast paced, which makes the book unputdownable. What makes it even better is that the story is not predictable. It takes time for the little doubts to creep in and theories to start formulating.

This was also the first book I've ever read from Lisa Gray and loved how she focused on the fact that the victims of serial killers are often forgotten. We've heard and read a lot about Ted Bundy, BTK or Jack the Ripper, but not much about their victims. These notorious men end up as celebrities. This is the sad part of true crime, where the killers get a lot more attention than the victims.

I would love to pick up more books from the author and I would like to thank NetGalley for the ARC.
#NetGalley #LonelyHearts
PI Jessica is searching for a missing girl that soon puts us on edge. A pen pal service for some of these women is proving deadly. What a Name too-Lonely Hearts Club. As we go along looking for answers we will be turning those pages for the discovery of who the killer is.
I really struggled getting into this book and then I realised it was part of a series so I’ve stopped reading it until I’m up to date!
From when I first opened "Lonely Hearts," I was hooked. It's not often I stay up late, especially on a Sunday night, to read a novel in one sitting. In the newest offering in the Jessica Shaw series, we ride along the private investigator's newest case: a missing persons case that is anything but simple. The woman hiring her, Christine Ryan, is seeking an old friend from nearly two decades ago. The problem? The old friend is the former girlfriend of infamous serial killer, Travis Dean Ford, and if still alive, likely doesn't want to be found. Still. A job is a job is a job. As she follows the leads, she realizes perhaps Veronica isn't the only member of the Lonely Hearts Club being hunted.

There is a lot to enjoy about this novel, from the writing to our characters. I didn't even mind the alternating timelines and point-of-views, which you know I despise. I was never confused; I thought it was really well-done. This is the fourth novel in the series but par for course with me, I haven't read the others in the series. It was not an issue, however. You could figure out the killer early on - my antennas were up! - but there were enough red herrings and twists and turns to keep the momentum. There were also flaws when it came to some plot holes and what happens in the romance subplot, but overall, a great page-turner.

Thank you to NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for an e-ARC, available everywhere now.
I have always been curious as to what allows an intelligent person to marry an inmate who seriously has no future based upon a long or permanent jail. Sentence.  Now, I sort of know.

The characters are quirky, a bit strange, lonely interesting.  Jessica, the main character is pretty realistic but not always likeable.

This can be read as a stand alone book but I feel you might like the characters a bit more if read in order.