Cover Image: Pub Quiz

Pub Quiz

Want to start your own quiz nights?  This book is a great resource, not only for the trivia questions themselves, but the actual logistics of hosting the event.  From sponsors and advertising to catering and the nitty gritty of timing and

The questions are broken down into logical sections to make for an easy flowing event, and with 421 rounds, that's a question pool of 4,210 questions, so it should take a while before exhausting the list.

~Many thanks to NetGalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review~
I loved this, I used it on a girls night in. It was so much fun and has so many good questions and answers which is great. Highly recommend if you want to be filled with random knowledge in life or have a good fun night!
This was surprisingly entertaining and informative. To start with, this book gives you a step-by-step guide for setting up a game night at home or in a public setting. This followed by a book full of questions and answers in various different genres. Definitely a must-have for any quiz enthusiast.
I have no experience with pub trivia, but I love trivia, and these questions are HARD!

There are over 400 rounds with 10 questions each. The answers are all included in the back.
Super fun. Obviously this would be much better in physical form but I still had fun. There were some quizzes that made me feel like a genius and others that made me feel like I had the IQ of a paramecium.
Pub Quiz is a very well written and presented guide to planning and executing a successful quiz night, including question rounds (with an answer key) written by Eric Saunders. Released 15th Oct 2021 by Arcturus Publishing, it's 494 pages (print format) and is available in paperback and ebook formats. It's worth noting that the ebook format has a handy interactive table of contents as well as interactive links and references throughout. I've really become enamored of ebooks with interactive formats lately. (The book's questions are directly hyperlinked to the answers in the back of the book; a really handy feature).

This is such a fun and well written book. The introduction covers the basics: who, what, where, how, when, and why. There are more specifics about venues, cover charges (if any), drinks & snacks, acoustics, scoring, and, really, all the info needed to run a quiz night.

The bulk of the book is taken up with the questions. They're hugely varied, concisely written, and definitely not all easy. I pride myself on being a trivia maven and these weren't a walk in the park.

Four stars. This is a one-stop resource for planners of trivia nights. It will be a solid resource for trivia fans as a study guide also. There are some repeat answers, but I didn't see any repeat questions.

Excellent quiz book, covering a multitude of subjects.  Already had hours of fun with my friends, many more to go!
A fun little book that gives you a great variety of trivia questions for you and your friends as well as great tips to hosting trivia night. Highly recommended for any trivia fan!
This is a very good quiz book! Lots of questions arranged by General knowledge or by category.  I found a few questions in each round were fairly challenging with a couple that you might expect everyone to get - so I would overall say well-balanced.

I skimmed through the sections at the start outlining practicalities of running a quiz but some people might find something useful there.

I noted a lot of question material came from a few years ago - and not as many from more recent years but that is nit-picking really.
While this is a comprehensive book of trivia I found the layout of this book pretty frustrating, at the very least because I was reading it on an e-reader. All the answers for the rounds were all the way in the back and the flipping back and forth was pretty frustrating. Now if you were utilizing this book to put on an actual pub quiz night (and this book goes about making this actually a business) you would probably have this already planned out better for easy perusal. This book is more for businesses actually looking to put on a quiz night then it is for the casual reader who just wanted to read some trivia questions.
Pub Quiz is a book full of trivia questions like what you would find in a pub or bar/restaurant that held trivia game nights. This book is also great if you wanted to host your own trivia night at home with your friends.

This book is perfect for any trivia lover. You can use it to challenge your own trivia knowledge or to test the knowledge of your friends and family. There are step by step instructions on why, how, and when to host a trivia night and also how much or if you should charge for admission.  There’s also a great example of a scoring card provided to give you on idea on how to score your game.

I did not hold a trivia night, but I did enjoy going through each round and quizzing myself. I love a good trivia or strategy type game and this book definitely my knowledge to the test.

If you’re a trivia lover like myself, I highly recommend you check this book out!

Thank you, Netgalley and Arcturus Publishing for this arc in exchange for an honest review.
This had lots of great quiz questions. The layout was pretty basic. The answers at the back were a challenge reading it as an E book. Overall I thought this was a fun set.
This books is a great source of questions to have an amazing Pub Night quiz. So many sets that it will take you among time to get through them all. The questions are good and thought provoking.
This is a great Pub Quiz book. It has lots of tips on how to get organised, it’s well laid out, and the variety of questions/rounds is fabulous. We love cracking this one open— even if it’s just for a few rounds on an evening with a glass of wine. Excellent!
Pub Quiz is a guide to organising a quiz night.
The book starts with a pretty detailed info on what the planning of a quiz games entails - drinks & snacks, venue and insurance. After that comes the first big section, including 421 themes rounds, each containing 10 questions. I found a lot of them interesting, although I noticed that some general knowledge rounds would make sense only in a group of Americans - a lot of detailed questions about the US, which most people from other parts of the world won't be able to answer at all. And then of course follows the section of answers to all these 4210 questions. I noticed most ( if not all) of them are one word and nothing more, while I would have liked notes where something else can be acceptable answer - including another popular names of the same thing or things that are close enough to be counted.
Overall, if you're looking to oraganise a cool quiz night, this book will definitely help you out.

*Thanks to NetGalley and Arcturus Publishing for providing me with an free copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.*
I received this book from the publishers via Netgalley for a review. A great book for quiz fans, test yourself family or even organise a pub quiz night this book is all you will need.
What an amazing lot of trivia which is both great to create quizzes as it is to test one’s own knowledge. With so much virtual meetings nowadays the virtual quizzes have become very popular and this is a very neat compendium of questions.
Pub Quiz by Eric Saunders - I found it a bit frustrating reading this on kindle that the answers were all at the end.
This book is EXACTLY what is needed for quiz night. With over 4000 questions we don’t need to worry about running out of questions before we are ready for game night to be over! The only thing I don’t like is that this book has the answers at the end of the book so it makes it difficult to keep jumping back and forth especially if you are reading on a kindle. It’s probably best to buy this book in physical form.
This is a great guide for fans of trivia and those wanting to start their own pub quiz/trivia night.  The first part of the book details how to organize, market, and profit from an event, with tips on insurance coverage and what supplies will be needed.  The questions are organized in clear categories making them easy to find and refer back to as needed. There were several that were repeated but as long as you choose your sets beforehand you can read through and make sure you don't use them.  This is the perfect resource for planning your own event and preparing for ones run by others.  I'll definitely refer to this often before I attend trivia events.