Cover Image: Know You by Heart

Know You by Heart

This was a slow burn and it was slow! I thought the flashbacks were a little confusing and there was so much drama between the family and their careers that sometimes it felt like “enough already!”
Chris and his wife Eden are coming to the end of their contract marriage. With the deadline near, they must decide where their HEA will be found. Will they continue the contract? Food for the soul, it’s a wonderful multicultural romance.
Chris can only claim his inheritance until his fifth year of being married. He needs it to maintain the family's resort but the problem is he's single. Enter Eden. She wants to pursue her dream of becoming a romance author and needs financial assistance. So they agreed to a five-year marriage contract that benefits both of them. They always stick to the rules and give each other space. But after a huge threat to the resort's image, they find themselves in a couples' retreat less than six months before their contract ends.

This is the second book in the Heart Resort series which I wasn't aware of. But luckily it can be read as a stand-alone. The start was a bit slow. I really got into the story when they started spending time together during the couples retreat. I got to know them more and fully understood their situation. I liked the dual perspective and the flashbacks but I wasn't invested in the romance as much as I wanted to. It's slow-burn which I don't have a problem with but it didn't work out for me in this book. I'm still interested on reading the first book though.

*Disclaimer: Thanks to PRH for providing a free digital review copy via NetGalley. This did not affect my overall opinion of the book.
- Filipino Romance
- Marriage of Convenience
- Marriage in trouble
- MC is a romance author

The time jumps were confusing. The couples resort is an interesting idea. I like that you get assigned activities that would help the couple's marriage.

I really liked the marriage of convenience and the way Eden's author identity is a secret. They both really love each other, but have to really work on it, together- I liked those parts. The ending is cute.

I like this quote: "I want is a happily ever after, even if it's hard to be together. I want to be the love that requires presence, attendance, attention. I want to be the one chosen." I love that Chris wants to give it all to her. He really does love her.
I love Tif Marcelo's books because of her incorporation of the Filipino culture. She does it again with Know You by Heart, a marriage by convenience trope with a dash of Filipino spice.

With common story tropes, I like it when author's put a unique (to me) twist - like the split inheritance in the plot. The characters had growth and I appreciate the author finding a compromise for the couple rather than one having to sacrifice it all for their HEA. Marcelo also made both Chris and Eden equally responsible for their problems, rather than making one heavily responsible, which is rare to find in romance novels.
Thank you netgalley for this book. this was my second book from Tif Marcelo. I am a fan of the work.

I just reviewed Know You by Heart by Tif Marcelo. #KnowYoubyHeart #NetGalley
Eden is wanting to devote all her time on her writing. She is an up and coming author but she is struggling with the time it takes because she needs to work. She needs the money. So, to benefit this writing process she decides to marry, Chris, someone she doesn’t love. This benefits both of them. Eden gets to spend more time of her craft and Chris gets his inheritance plus he can focus on his new resort, Heart Resort.

The end of this partnership is coming to a close. But, things start to deteriorate when Chris and Eden decide to do a retreat focusing on their marriage. Can these two hang on?!?! You will need to read this to find out!

I fell in love with Tif Marcelo’s books when I read North to You back in 2017. That is still my favorite book. But, I have enjoyed all her books and this one is ranking pretty close to the top for me.

I love the interaction between Eden and Chris, especially during the retreat. They learn so much about each other and themselves. And sometimes they do not like what they have learned. These two have great chemistry and you just root for them from start to finish!

Need an all around good romance…THIS IS IT! Grab your copy today!

I received this novel from the publisher for a honest review.
Loved this! Haven't read the first in the series, but works well as a great standalone. My first marriage of convenience story and it's so enjoyable.
A complimentary copy of this book was provided by NetGalley. Opinions and reviews are my own.  I love this sweet and fun romance that will have you laughing and sighing over and over.
I was a nice and good read for me. I found the characters very realistic that's why they seemed relatable. The plot was also intriguing. Overall a good read for me
"Perhaps it was like most marriages, where they'd fallen into a kind of routine. Like lines in a book known by heart."
Chris and Eden are both heavily career minded, and instantly were intrigued by each other when they met. When Chris needed a wife for an inheritance for his resort, and Eden needed financial assistance to take the next steps in her writing career, they felt they were a solution to each others' hopes. A modern marriage of convenience where they could be friends, support each other's careers, and in five years separate in an amicable divorce. However, as they near the deadline to their marriage, they each realize there's more at stake than they planned. Will they be willing to be honest with each other and take the risk of opening their hearts to love?
This was a difficult read at times. I felt like the writing was so well done, that it almost hurt to see Chris and Eden's struggles. I didn't always agree with decisions the characters made, but I enjoyed getting to know them, and the families they were part of. If you enjoy second chance romances, and a unique spin on a modern marriage of convenience story, I would definitely recommend checking this one out!
I'm so thankful for the gift of getting to read an early copy of this book. I voluntarily reviewed it and all opinions are my own.
This was a really great marriage of convenience book! I loved the companionship that can form and contribute  to the love that eventually came and stayed through all the ups and downs!

I am more of a closed-door romance reader so that is why I gave it four stars.  But the steaminess was done right taste and moves the story along nicely.

I think this author is a lovely writer and would read more by her!
✨𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘✨

𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘚𝘈 𝘛𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘐𝘯 𝘢 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘊𝘭𝘶𝘣 𝘍𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘙𝘦𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵’𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨.

As the oldest child in his family, Chris Puso has always taken his responsibilities seriously. He’ll do whatever it takes to ensure Heart Resort’s success. Four and a half years ago, that meant marrying Eden, a woman he admired but didn’t love, to access a family trust that benefited them both.

Eden Puso, a.k.a. romance author Everly Heart, believes in true love?in her novels, at least. But her marriage to Chris was more about funding her writing career and supporting her family than finding her happily ever after. And despite their mutual attraction toward one another, they stayed loyal to the contract…for the most part.

With six months until the end of their contract and with their careers taking off, their marriage of convenience has become, well, a little inconvenient. A competing resort threatens to usurp Heart Resort, and Chris and Eden band together to preserve its reputation, including doing a retreat themselves. But as the retreat uncovers their history and their hidden love for one another, can their relationship survive so their partnership reaches its natural conclusion?

𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝘆 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 by Tif Marcelo - Author released April 5, 2022.

Thank you Amazon Publishing and TLC Book Tours for this gifted copy.

Eden and Chris are just meant to be together. While their start is quite rocky, they really make it work.

For Chris, family and inheritance is everything and at the beginning, he is described as greedy and not carrying for anyone but himself. Throughout the book, he shows his true face, and I loved those parts.

There are different timelines in between the chapters. From the first moments they met to the nowadays married life when they both realise that this fake marriage has nothing to do with fake but real feelings.

Eden is a romance author and I love how she stands up for her time to write and single moments outside their relationship.

The family is very meddling, in both parts, but they are all in a good way and I loved to read about mixed cultures and interactions.

I’m looking forward to read the next books in the series because this is the second book that I’ve read and enjoyed by the author.

Very grateful to the publisher for my review copy through NetGalley
Know You By Heart by Tif Marcelo is the second book in her Heart Resort Series.  I was excited when I was asked to read this one because I so loved the Puso Family in the first book It Takes A Heart!  This is a well written fast paced story about a marriage of convenience with a modern day flip on it!  Marcelo continues with the Filipino characters that are so fun to read.  The characters are realistic with special attention to details!  This story is flirty, sexy and fun.  It has highly emotional parts and light and funny ones that make this a must read book!!!  I enjoy Marcelo’s writing style and look forward to the next book in this series!

Thank you NetGalley, Tif Marcelo and Montlake Publishing for an advanced copy of this truly entertaining story in exchange for my honest review.
#knowyoubyheart. #tifmarcelo  #netgalley  #montlakepublishing  #arc
Be prepared to swoon over Chris and Eden’s deep commitment to each other and their loved ones. This romantic trip to Heart Resort will make you feel like an honorary member of the Puso family. This is the perfect book to read while drinking boba and (hopefully) taking a break from the demands of caring for your family. KNOW YOU BY HEART will speak to every woman searching for the balance between ambition, duty, and true love. Tif Marcelo repurposes tropes in a marvelous way that will touch your heart. If you think you know all there is to know about marriage-of-convenience stories, buckle up, Buttercup. You won’t want to miss this one!
*Thank you Montlake and Netgalley for the advanced reading copy of this novel. This review contains my own thoughts and opinions.*

Sigh. Eden and Chris’ story was so swoon-worthy! Know You by Heart is a unique take on the marriage of convenience trope, as the bulk of the book takes place starting when they are six months out from when their marriage is supposed to be over. As time progresses - and with glimpses of their past sprinkled throughout - true feelings are brought to light.

Tif Marcelo did a fantastic job bringing to life two complex, strong characters who love their families fiercely and are dedicated to their careers - and who never really thought love was in their future. I felt for them, especially Eden, deeply when several older memories were shared.

Though it’s a second book in the series, I had zero issues with following the plot or various characters. Eden and Chris are definitely one of my favorite book couples!
Know You by Heart takes us back to the Outer Banks and to The Heart Resort. While this is part of a series, this book can be read as a standalone.

Chris and Eden agreed to a five-year arranged marriage complete with a prenuptial agreement. Their marriage was one of convenience to help both of them achieve their dreams with their respective careers, his at The Heart Resort and hers as a romance novelist. We are given glimpses of their life both in the present, but also the past so we understand what has been going on in both of their minds, their feelings, frustrations and also their thoughts on the end of their contract and where it will leave them.

When circumstances force Chris and Eden to attend a retreat at The Heart Resort, they are forced to face feelings and truths that they had kept repressed throughout their union. The reality of their marriage comes close to being revealed and you can also see how much work it is for them to keep up the facade. Will they leave the retreat closer to a "real" marriage? Or will it end their union for good?

This book had all the feels and while there were times it was very heavy and emotional, there were also light and funny moments. It's definitely one that is worth the read.

**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title courtesy of NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review**
Know You by Heart returns readers to the Outer Banks and the Puso family. As eldest Puso Chris and his wife Eden take centre stage in a story that nicely turns the marriage of convenience trope on its head by depicting the last six months of the marriage. But with time running out on the contract Eden and Chris struck their busy lives and feelings have made things extremely inconvenient for the pair.

And I enjoyed how the story was told even if I felt the pacing was a little on the slow side. But I liked how the characters grew and it was genuinely an engaging romance that had plenty of warmth and sweetness and once again I liked the family feel, and I would recommend this story to others especially if you're a fan of the marriage of convenience trope.
Chris and Eden had a friendly marriage of convenience, with the terms neatly set in a contract, and with a firm end date of 5 years.   However, as their divorce date looms, both are experiencing doubts and confusing feelings.   It was all so clear, but do they really want this marriage to end?

Unfortunately, I had a hard time connecting to this story.  There was a lot going on between the business takeover plot, the marriage plot, Eden's career as a writer, and various family issues and dramas.   With so many competing threads, it was hard to get invested.   I didn't feel much passion in the writing, either about the business or about the relationship between Chris and Eden.   Major developments and elements of their past were related suddenly and dispassionately and while their fundamental conflicts were realistic and well-portrayed, the resolution felt quick and incomplete.   Additionally, I feel like there were a lot of nuances of Filipino culture that were lost on me (that's OK--not every book is written for my benefit).   I wonder if the story would have resonated more if I understood the cultural context better.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review.