Cover Image: It Must Be Love

It Must Be Love

A light, romantic read ideal for the summer. It was a little slow in places, but generally enjoyable with good characters and a lot of romance.
Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for an ARC of this book.

My opinion of this one veers, depending on how cynical I’m feeling. If I’m full of hope and optimism then I’ll admit I read it in a few days and was swept up in the passion between Abi and Oz and how wonderful it was things developed. If I flip to the other perspective, then it’s a novel full of rather convenient coincidences, that keep bringing them together.

But I’ll go with hope and optimism, and say I really enjoyed it, and how I still hope one day I might have that lightening moment that keeps happening for Abi and Oz… who doesn’t want that!
This was a beautiful romantic tale that gave me all the feels. I managed to read it in a few days and it gave me such a cosy felling.
It Must Be  Love sparkles with longing and yearning. Abbie has just got engaged to Charlie, the perfect guy, with a diamond nearly as big as the Ritz. On the same guy, she has run into Oz. Oz is her Before Sunset guy. Abbie makes herself weak at the knees as she sees him for the first time in years. So, who will she choose?
Such a lovely whirlwind romance. It’s delightful, full of love and adventure, and life. A great book to read on a relaxing day.
I really don't enjoy second chance romances, and especially didn't enjoy this one. In fact I think I would prefer Abbie to have ended up single and solo, as neither partner was a great fit for her imo.
A beautifully sweet second-chance romance, with relatable characters, angst and pining. One of my favourite things is how much Oz has been perfect for her the entire time. It was sweet, cosy, and a really quick read. If you’re after something warm and fuzzy, this is for you.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me a free copy of this book for my honest opinion.
An emotional second chance romance , I found it a bit predictable but an easy read - enjoyable
Thank you to Netgalley and Random House for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review.
When Abbie met Oz, they were young, idealistic students from different backgrounds, but their connection was unmistakable. Then Oz went home to Istanbul and life moved on.

Now Abbie is with the man she thinks she's going to spend the rest of her life with, until she meets Oz again - a chance encounter that might change everything.

They find themselves drawn to each other once more, but have commitments, jobs and families that take priority, and too much time has passed, hasn't it?

Abbie and Oz are about to find out that no matter how many miles and obstacles are between them, fate might just have another plan, and that their love story isn't over yet.
If like myself, you are a lover of romance, then this is without a doubt a must read book!.
I found myself hooked from the moment I began reading this story. Abbie and Oz first meet when they are students, and there is an undeniable connection between them instantly.
They cross paths many times over the coming years, and the spark remains between them... its very much a 'what if' tale.
The story takes us to several beautiful locations, all of which are brought to life vividly in my mind by the authors delightful writing style.
This is certainly a book I will be recommending to others!,
Unfortunately this book would come through to my kindle so I was unable to read it (others since have come through so not a technical issue.
This is a nice, easy read romance. The idea is fine Abbie is revisiting an old partner. However, I found both her current partner and the old flame awful. She shouldn't have got with either. One was always choosing someone else over her, the other was controlling everything.
The thing that kept me reading was the movement between timelines which revealed the story.
I also thought there was too much coincidence. I know its a book about fate and destiny but really? You don't randomly bump into people that often.
A sweet story that kept me reading, dancing up and down the timeline to maximise the impact of how events unfurled. My first book by this author but I like her voice a lot. The happy ever after is convincing and I couldn't wait for it to come.
This book follows the story of Abbie and Oz, a Turkish man who she literally falls into the arms of during a march whilst at University. When the two meet, Oz has only that evening left before he disappears back to Turkey. The two continue to meet over  the next 14 years but for one reason or another never quite make it to being a fully fledged couple.

I loved the sound of this book when I first read the blurb - the idea that it was fate or destiny for two people to be together really resonated with me. However, whilst Oz may be dreamy, he chose another woman over Abbie on several occasions, thus not really the perfect man. I cannot fathom why Abbie still insisted on going back to him. I also detested how Abbie insisted on running away every time a conversation got difficult, she 'turned on her heel' more times than I care to count.

The book flicks between the different times, normally, I would find this annoying but actually on this occasion it worked quite well. Each time the reader ventures back in time, we learn something new (in my case another reason why Oz is not right!)

In my opinion, the book went on too long - there is a story around a shooting in a nightclub which just tipped it over the edge for me. Up until that point, I had thought that happy ever after storyline would still win me over, but then that happened and I just found myself switching completely off. I read to the end, but it certainly has not been a favourite.
A great book about the difference between fate and destiny. Abbie and Oz's paths continue to cross after that fateful day 15 years ago when she fell into his arms. Despite an initial connection the timing is never quite right and then there is the small matter of him residing in Turkey and her in London. Abbie is in a committed relationship with Charlie when Oz walks back into her life and she has some big decisions to make.
Huge thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read any advanced reader copy of this book.

This book follows Abbie and Oz who met when they were young, idealistic students from different backgrounds, but their connection was unmistakable. Then Oz went home to Istanbul and life moved on. Years later, Abbie and Oz meet again - a chance encounter that could change everything.

I absolutely adore second chance romance stories so when I read the blurb for this it sounded right up my street. This was an easy read but I struggled to feel motivated to pick it up due to not really feeling much connection to the characters.

Having said that, I loved the descriptions of the travelling. Getting to read about London, Paris and Istanbul was a great addition to the book. Learning about different cultures was really enjoyable as well as the dual timelines in the book!

I think the biggest thing that let this book down for me was the third person involved in the romance. This is a personal preference of mine but I really struggle with books that involve emotional cheating. I feel that we still could have got the same second chance romance story without this third character involved.

But overall, I liked it, it was just perhaps a bit too sweet and predictable for my tastes.
An emotional second chance romance, that was a tad too melodramatic and angsty for my taste, but overall an enjoyable read.

I really wish that the author hadn't chosen to write a third person involved in the romance, or at least mentioned it in the synopsis,  as there was emotional (if not physical) cheating involved.  Despite this, there was still an eventful plot with well written characters and believable struggles of grief and family expectations.
This lovely book had me from the start. Abbie & Oz meet as students and there is an immediate connection. Their paths cross over the next few years as work and families take precedence. But that spark, that "what if" is always there.
The book moves between London, Paris, Turkey, Beirut ..... the descriptions of the cities and the food are wonderful. You want to be there, you definitely want to eat the food that the author describes so well.

I really wanted to find out what happened to all the characters in the book, wanted them to find their "happy-ever-afters". This is just a lovely, romantic read.
Fourteen days. Fifteen years. A lifetime of love

Abbie meets Oz as a young student, despite their different backgrounds their connection was unmistakable. But then Oz returned home to Istanbul and life moved on.

Fast forward to now and Abbie is with the man she thinks she wants to spend the rest of her life with, until a chance encounter brings her face to face with Oz.

I jumped at the chance to read this as I love a good love story. The blurb caught my eye and I felt this was a book I could enjoy.
 I wasn’t wrong, well written the characters were likeable and I wanted very much for things to work out. There were times where I just felt it dragged a little and things didn’t move on quite how I would have liked but despite that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I will be looking out for more from this author

Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book
A few too many cliches for my taste, and I've realised I'm not a fan of the second chance trope when it's to the detriment of other characters. But this is a very well written jet setting romance.