Cover Image: It Must Be Love

It Must Be Love

An emotional second chance romance, that was a tad too melodramatic and angsty for my taste, but overall an enjoyable read.

I really wish that the author hadn't chosen to write a third person involved in the romance, or at least mentioned it in the synopsis,  as there was emotional (if not physical) cheating involved.  Despite this, there was still an eventful plot with well written characters and believable struggles of grief and family expectations.
This lovely book had me from the start. Abbie & Oz meet as students and there is an immediate connection. Their paths cross over the next few years as work and families take precedence. But that spark, that "what if" is always there.
The book moves between London, Paris, Turkey, Beirut ..... the descriptions of the cities and the food are wonderful. You want to be there, you definitely want to eat the food that the author describes so well.

I really wanted to find out what happened to all the characters in the book, wanted them to find their "happy-ever-afters". This is just a lovely, romantic read.
Fourteen days. Fifteen years. A lifetime of love

Abbie meets Oz as a young student, despite their different backgrounds their connection was unmistakable. But then Oz returned home to Istanbul and life moved on.

Fast forward to now and Abbie is with the man she thinks she wants to spend the rest of her life with, until a chance encounter brings her face to face with Oz.

I jumped at the chance to read this as I love a good love story. The blurb caught my eye and I felt this was a book I could enjoy.
 I wasn’t wrong, well written the characters were likeable and I wanted very much for things to work out. There were times where I just felt it dragged a little and things didn’t move on quite how I would have liked but despite that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I will be looking out for more from this author

Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book
A few too many cliches for my taste, and I've realised I'm not a fan of the second chance trope when it's to the detriment of other characters. But this is a very well written jet setting romance.
Well this was a rollercoaster of emotions. Made me laugh out loud and also made me cry. Maybe a bit predictable, but what's not to like about that!
This was a little too sweet and syrupy for me. I hoped it would be a good read but, unfortunately I really did t enjoy it very much. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
What can I say about this book it was fantastic and was like a rollercoaster the ups and downs and you certainly need tissues at the ready.

Abbie & Oz meet at an rally and over the next 15 years we see the romance between them but also how they end up in different relationships.  Will they ever get together.  I thought it was so fantastic and the chemistry between them was so magnetic.

I would certainly say you must read this book it is so well written and the characters are so engaging.  I think this book would make an fantastic film.

I would recommend this book.
IT MUST BE LOVE by CAROLINE KHOURY.

Abbie and Oz meet as students and there is an instant attraction that they both struggle to shake off. As life takes them in different directions, they both move on and meet new people. However time and time again fate brings them back into eachothers orbit.
Ultimately will destiny draw them together or keep them on seperate paths?

The story weaves it’s way through the pages, with some chapters taking us back to important times in Abbie and Oz’s story.

This is a well written, beautiful love story.
Ok, so the whole ‘one who got away’ trope has been done many times before, but this story feels fresh and unique.

This is a story that will take you through many emotions. You’ll laugh, cry and be utterly uplifted.

This is Caroline Khoury’s debut novel and if this is the standard of her work, we have a lot to look forward to from this talented lady.

A warm, intuitive, captivating and sweet romantic read.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Available now in Paperback, Ebook and Audio.

With thanks to #Netgalley and #RandomHouseUk for a digital arc of #ItMustBeLove by #CarolineKhoury.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.

I found this a pleasant and easy read but a real struggle to keep going as I didn't engage with the characters sufficiently to particularly bother about the outcome. Abbie has a successful career at the cost of her relationship with her sister, first love and current beau. "It Must Be Love' weaves fate and destiny amongst the chapters and leaves you considering the choices you have made in life, but only briefly, as Abbie has numerous occasions where she is leaning towards one decision, only to be let down by others.
Soul mates, destiny, fate, or chance. Whatever you want to call it. This book has it in bucket loads.
So beautifully written, with such lovable characters, you really can't help but root for them.
 Abbie has so many emotions to go through, and you really feel them all along with her.
This was a lovely read that I really enjoyed and will admit to reaching for the tissues in the end.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thank you to netgalley and the author and publisher for allowing me access to the eARC of this book in exchange for a review.

Apologies for the late review life has been hectic.

This was easy to read fun and comedic romance about a couple and their interactions and progression into being a romantic partner and it was sweet and adorable, I may have swooned a little.
Thankyou for giving me the chance to read in advance. Typical love story theme but still amazing and heartwarming and very well written
It must be love…
I was instantly sold on this book due to one of its many beautiful settings - Turkey. It’s a will they-won’t they story of finding love at the wrong time. Set across many years & countries from when Abbie & Oz meet as teenagers to their lives in their 30s. We travel with them from London to Turkey, Vienna to Paris & Beirut to Mumbles. I got quite invested in this story very early on, and I did enjoy it. I wasn’t fond of the ending, and I thought it odd that even though Oz’s English was perfect - he started most sentences with one word in Turkish. But it would make a fabulous holiday read & I loved the settings of each of the countries Abbie visited - and the honest account of her best friend Liz’s experience of a newborn baby and motherhood.
A slow burning but such a nice story. I loved this book at the end so much.  Abby and Oz will remain with me forever. Really a touchable reading that makes me feel everything. From joy to depression.

First they made in their students life and had an instant connection. Even they are from two different worlds they estabilished a special relationship. They had to live separate but they met again and again in different cities and different circumstances. There is always something between them that they can not be really together. They move on but it seems neither of them really forget what they feel for eachother.

I was wondering all the time if they were really meant  to be or not. Was that love enough, I wanted to help them and just could not belive everytime  they went separate ways. I wanted to scream and I cried.

Thank you to Netgalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for this great ARC.
Have you ever been really excited to read a book, but then after finishing, you’re left feeling a bit..meh? Well this sums up my feelings towards this book.

There is nothing truly horrendous about it, I just found it a bit too predictable and the main characters were too frustrating at times, for my own personal preferences. This is a classic romantic light read that, unfortunately, doesn’t offer much more than others I have read in this genre.

However despite this, there is plenty to digest, in terms of an eventful plot, and the reader is taken on an emotional journey along with Abbie and Oz.

As a debut release, it serves well, and it hasn’t put me off any future works by this author. Everyone has to start somewhere huh?
Abbie is a successful lawyer and seems to have it all. Her partner, Charlie is about to propose. But Abbie can''t help remember her first love, Oz, who she met on a march in London when she was a student. The story charts the intervening years time hopping between then and now.
Usually I love this kind of book but somehow I didn't really care enough about the characters to find out what happened.
A love story with a fairly traditional plot with numerous obstacles over time to be overcome to achieve what was destined to be. I found it a bit slow going and predictable, with other characters who were too one dimensional to engage me. An okay holiday read maybe but quite forgettable in the end.

With thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for an advance copy to review.
A tale of a romance that spans years. This book is definitely for people who believe in fate and destiny. Would recommend if you need something nice to read.
Played across multiple timelines we see the story of Abbie and Oz played out. The plot is well constructed and the characters are either warm and engaging or well written to make them appear as the enemy to the characters that we are loving reading about.

This is a hugely enjoyable book and although the end is hoped for and inevitable there is a twist that really pulls on the heartstrings. It is truly a tale of what if and what could have been.

Well worth a read and thanks to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Abbie meets Oz when she’s a student but he is due to return to Turkey the next day. After a memorable night they agree to meet up in nine years time, following the story of Abbie’s favourite movie! Throughout the years they keep ‘bumping into’ each other, finding themselves in the same locations at the same time but with other responsibilities.
A lovely love story that leaves you willing them to get together despite the boundaries!