Cover Image: My Sister’s Child

My Sister’s Child

This was a strange story. Can be that simple what Rachel did, giving her unborn baby to her sister, like a parcel? And Jess is living in a constant fear that Rachel or the biological father will take Noah away.
But now Rachel. is found dead and Jess thinks she was murdered. Things are complicated.
Thanks to NetGalley for this nice book.
First of all, thank you Net Galley for providing me with an ARC. There is something about the synopsis of this book that caught my attention. I love reading mystery novels I don't want to sound creepy, but I always find it entertaining when someone dies the killer is among the people who are close to them. The investigation throughout the book reveals everyone's dark secrets. All of the suspects are then narrowed down and the facts point out to a single person as the culprit.
[This could have been a five star book for me, but it wasn't the case because I was able to guess the secret of the husband's secret and that is, he is the biological father of Rachel his sister in law's son and the reason she decided to give her baby to Jess was to pay for sins. Cheating is the common formula that makes the majority of T.V shows, movies and books it has become redundant that it's no longer interesting because I feel like they are romanticizing adultery which is not okay. (hide spoiler)]
With being said, I really love the author's writing style and I will definitely try other books by this author and would recommend this book to those who are looking a quick to read or for those who are interested in trying mystery genre but doesn't have the slightest idea of where to start.
This is a book which has captured my interest from the beginning. I love how this is written. It is filled with a mix of characters and has been a book I have been unable to predict.
Karen Clarke is a really good writer and this book proves that. I really liked the character of Jess and her story was full of twists and turns.   Once I started this book I found it impossible to put down and read it in a few hours.
This book is really gripping, it literally has everything thrown at it, with soooo many twist and turns to keep you guessing along the way. It's really well written and really hooking.
Rachel gave Jess her son to raise and disappeared into the night. Now Rachel is dead from apparent suicide, but Jess becomes convinced it's murder.

"My Sister's Child" is is based on a lie, and keeps that energy the whole way through and is full of twists and turns. All families have secrets but it seems every single character in Jess's life (except the one you suspect the whole way through) has something to hide. Perhaps this book had a few too many twists for me...
Definitely a story full of twists and turns.  There is just a bit TOO much going on within the story.  Talk about everyone having secrets.  Literally…..everyone.
Overall, a ok read for me.
I liked the authors writing style and would like to read more books by her.
Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own.
What a fantastic book.  I could not put this down.... Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to review this
I've loved Karen Clarke's previous books and so had high expectations of this. It didn't disappoint. Read in one sitting because I couldn't put it down.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review.
Karen writes some great books and this was no exception.  There are some great characters with believable and relatable lives, the plot is paced well,  it captivates you so you want to keep reading on. It was thrilling, it had intrigue, suspense, and lots of heart pounding moments! Lots of twists and turns!! Definitely some jaw dropping moments! I highly recommend reading this book! Its well worth the thrill
Five years ago, Jess started taking care of her sister’s baby that was left on her doorstep. Jess and Adam have raised Noah as their own child, never revealing that he was not their biological child. Rachel dies and her death is considered an accident by the police. However, Jess is not sure that is what happened. Jess begins to receive threatening messages from someone who indicates that they know that Noah is not her biological child. Do these messages have anything to do with Rachel’s death or Noah’s unknown father? Jess begins to investigate both of these issues and this will lead her into danger and also, into finding out long kept secrets. I did not see the ending coming and enjoyed the twists and turns that were presented. It was difficult to put this book down. I recommend this book and author to anyone that is interested in reading mystery novels. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the advance review copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
What an amazing story! You keep thinking about the characters long after you finish the book. My first to read by this author but cannot wait to read more! Highly recommend!
Jess and Adam can’t have children, so when Jess’ estranged sister Rachel falls pregnant and doesn’t want to keep the baby, what better solution than to give him to Jess and Adam? All is well until shortly before Noah’s sixth birthday when Rachel dies in mysterious circumstances and then an anonymous note arrives, instructing Jess to tell Noah who his father is.

Jess starts asking questions. Who knows about Noah’s parentage? Was Rachel murdered? Is the life they’ve built for themselves about to come crashing down?

The story is full of red herrings, lies, secrets, twists and turns. I was gripped from the very beginning and found it hard to put down. I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I found this to be a gripping and suspenseful read. I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what would happen next
A really good book by Karen Clarke amd if I was to be at all critical I would say there was a little too much secrets to expose. A book with so many twists you might find yourself spinning a bit but it certainly keeps you excited. Exploring the family dynamic,  often difficult the lovely Rachel is estranged from her father and only sister at the time of her death. Her sister Jess is determined to find out what happened to her. Rachel had once given her all that she wanted in life and although she had lost touch with her she must find out what led to her death. Is Jess about to find out things that will change her life forever
It’s rare when literally everyone in a novel is guilty of something or hiding a really big secret from someone else.  That’s My Sisters Child.  The premise was interesting, although you can easily guess some of the twists except the major one and by that time there was so much deceit and lies I really didn’t care who killed who.
My Sister’s Child by Karen Clarke was a cleverly written psychological thriller with a complex, emotional issues. This book has lots of betrayal, lies and secrets with lots of twists and turns, that built this story into a great book!

Wow! I loved it especially as it was my first book by Karen Clarke. I will be looking to read more of her books in the future!

I highly recommend this book. 5 Stars from me.

Big thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in return for giving an honest review
Thank you NetGalley and publisher for this ARC publication for an honest review.

My Sister’s Child
Karen Clarke
Published: December 8, 2021

What would you do for your sister? Rachel (the wild child) and Jess (the dependable one) are sisters who live on the opposite ends of the spectrum…when Rachel offers her baby to Jess and her husband as their own, they agree to parenthood and the secret that Noah is not really theirs. This is just one of the many lies and secrets surrounding the characters. This was a great suspenseful, leave you on the edge of your seat mystery filled with twists and turn. I really enjoyed the additional “narrative” from Rachel’s emails that gave clues along the way. I will be adding Karen Clarke as an author to watch out for!
This story will keep you guessing throughout. With character you will automatically presume are guilty, you will be wrong every time. It's quite an emotional book to read. The police think Rachel drowned. Believing it was murder, Jess starts her own investigation. With secrets and lies, the truth must be told. The pace is steady throughout. The ending was perfect.
My sister's child by Karen Clarke.
Five years ago, my sister Rachel left her baby boy on my doorstep. A little bundle wrapped in blankets.
A brilliant read.  Full of twists and surprises.  I couldn't put it down.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  I loved Jess character. Very cleverly written.  5*.