Cover Image: A Fair Warning

A Fair Warning

I had this book on TBR for months. I started reading it in November but I wasn't drawn to it and I DNF it... I opened it again months later and struggled with read. I didn't like main heroine, she was really annoying to me, so I couldn't enjoy my read. I didn't feel the chemistry between main characters at all..
I hate to give bad grades, but this book just wasn't for me.
This book wasn't for me. I DNFed it. The book opens with in Chuck's POV and Poppy climbing up onto the bar at her bar celebrating her divorce. The way Chuck describes Poppy was just kind of ick. Maybe it gets better but this just wasn't for me
I enjoy the enemies to lovers storyline of the book. This is such a cute and spicy rom-com. It had me laughing at all the banter between them. I liked how the ending of the story, it was very sweet.
So very funny! This book made me laugh a lot, with a lot of piss-taking and jokes but also developed into something more. Ended as a very sweet romance but it didn't lose its funny!
I didn't really like the main character and found her internalized misogyny just too much for me. It read very watt-pady for me and I didn't really get the chemistry between them.
Poppy has just been through a divorce, has a bar to run and now Deputy Chuck is back in town.
He's picked on her since they were kids and she can't stand him, but he's determined to finally get the girl.

This is such a cute and spicy rom-com.
It had me laughing at all the banter between them and the biker bar scene!? Hilarious!

Poppy's family members are brilliant and I hope there's going to be books from other POVs as I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more from these characters.
Voy a ser honesta, al principio no me gustó para nada las descripciones. Todo era describir como se sentían con los genitales. Un poquito asqueroso, por lo menos poneme, no se, un tw.
Despues, como que las cosas pasaban muy rápido. Literalmente todo pasó en menos de 3 días lol. Pero era un enemies to lovers one-side thing you know, my shit, kinda....
No hay character development ni nada por el estilo, cosa que la baja. El plot es muy básico y no aparece hasta el final.
En fin, nada más que decir bai..
I enjoy the enemies to lovers storyline, so I was excited when I was given the chance to read this.  I'm afraid this story did not live up to my "rom-com" expectations. The main characters, Chuck and Poppy were immature and slightly annoying throughout the entire book. I wished they would have moved on from the past and focused more on the future. I would have liked more of a build up to their relationship instead of one day we hate each and the next we are madly in love. The story was cute but just lacking some substance.
Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC!
This was just the LOL read I needed. New to me author recommended by a friend and I loved it! Enemies to lovers with a small town vibe.

Poppy and Chuck were childhood enemies with unrequited feelings. Plenty of unnecessary teenage angst made their HEA even sweeter. Told in dual POV, I especially loved his chapters. It’s a fast, fun read and I’ll definitely be looking for more from this author.
This was a fun, breezy read - I really enjoyed Poppy and her shenanigans, and Chuck is.... quite dreamy. I giggled to myself several times, which does not happen all that often. I'll be keeping an eye out for other books by Dianna Roman!

I read an ARC of this book via NetGalley.
Thank You Netglalley for providing an arc in exchange for an honest review.

Poppy

All I wanted was to throw a little bag of dog poop at my ex's door to release my divorce demons. Is that too much to ask? Just my luck Deputy Hillbilly Upchuck Duke catches me in the act. That creep's been on me like germs on a buffet since we were kids. I have a bar to run, a beer garden to build, and moron cousins and patrons to wrangle. I don't have time to be stalked by this idiot. If he thinks showing back up in Grand Valley with a star on his inbred chest, sans mullet, will make me forget the hell he put me through, he's dumber than he was when he left Illinois.

Chuck

Poppy Prince hates my guts. Always has. It's cute she thinks those nicknames bother me, almost as cute as how clueless she still is about her sex appeal. It takes a special kind of man to put up with her crap. I'm going to show her once and for all that no one's as special as me.

This is a cute little enemies to lovers novel. about two neighbour's who absolutely hate eachother. I love enemies to lovers so this was right up my alley.
This is an enemies-to-lovers set in a small town in the mid-west US, told from both perspectives. I didn't find it rough-around-the-edges, but maybe that's the working class gal in me. It was steamy at times. It was definitely silly at times.

I like the fodder that comes with enemies to lovers. This book is very much in the characters' heads, which I was happy to go with, as I would prefer that to all external action and no idea why they are doing what they are doing. When I was near the end I was thinking, this book has like no external conflict, then it became surprisingly action-packed, which again I was happy to go along with but it just expedited the process of the pair getting over their issues so they could reach their HEA.

I found this to have ~some~ similarities to Penny Reid's Winston Brothers books, so if you like those, give this a go.

I rate this a high 3* - good for what it is. I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I picked up some proofreading errors that may have since been rectified, and a couple of cringe similes, but if you take that as part of the silliness, this is an enjoyable ride.
If you’re from or have lived in a small town this is definitely for you! I could see the River Rats, Townies, and locations all in my head. I love Chuck and Poppy had a enemies to love & childhood best friend relationship. The way those two act they couldn’t be more perfect for each other. I do wish we saw more vulnerable conversations with Poopy and more domestic actions from Chuck. My favorite parts were: the picnic table, water tower, and Poppy’s locker!!!
Thank you to the publisher and author as well as netgalley for allowing me access to this eARC of this book and allowing me to give feedback and read books in exchange for a review.

This is a romantic comedy but also women fiction mesh. This is a beautifully crafted story between these two characters, I liked this a lot so much I read it in two days and lost out on some sleep but it was fully worth it. The cover doesn't fit the book tho which is what was confusing.
This was fun? It wasn't anything exceptional or brilliant, just plain fun. That's not a bad thing, either. I had a wonderful time.
I like an occasional rom-com book but this one was not for me.  It had the usual key components: Enemies to lovers trope, small town vibes, sexual tensions, and a quick read.  Unfortunately there were also elements in the book that I found unnecessary.

The male love interest was a tad possessive with predatory-like behavior.  The female character with her constant derogatory remarks makes it difficult to empathize with her.  She thinks her excuse for her bad attitude and maybe the lack of attention was because she wasn’t deemed pretty.

There was a very good amount of teasing between multiple characters especially between the cousins.  In one chapter, it became too excessive that it’s basically bullying and was lengthy.  I did not find anything humorous about it.  I especially did not appreciate mocking someone who stuttered.  The romance did have its sweet moments but that’s it.

A fair warning:  vomit, bullying, foul language.
Thank you so much to NG and the publishers for sending me an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review!

A Fair Warning by Dianna Roman is a new enemies to lovers romcom that was hilarious!  The chemistry between the main characters was evident and their banter gave life to the book!  The pacing was well done and the spice was delectable.
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and Dianna Roman for providing me an ARC of this book.
After reading mixed reviews I was unsure about this but I actually loved it! Poppy and Chuck were so cute and it makes me so happy she didn't change herself. Highly recommend this book!
A Fair Warning is your typical rom-com book which, most of the time I tend to pass over but will definitely read to break up all the thrillers that are hanging out on my shelves. This is the story of Poppy and Charlie who are enemies turned lovers. Charlie has always been in love with Poppy but never acted upon his feelings. While Poppy has had a few rough years, the last thing she wants or needs is Charlie in her life. But here he is. And maybe this time Poppy will give Charlie a chance. Overall, I wasn't thrilled with this book. I found the characters rather annoying and immature. I did not care for all the name calling by Poppy. Charlie was a better character by far. I do think the cover is cute though.

Pub Date is March 8, 2022 if you want to pre-order from your favorite local bookshop!

Thank you Netgalley for my advanced readers copy in exchange for my review.
I really struggled to read this book, it was very slow, the characters were so immature and unfortunately I gave up halfway through.