Cover Image: Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

I adore this series, and I was so looking forward to reading the next installment.
I was hooked from the start, the beginning scenes gave me chills and palpitations!
As the story progressed, my attention did wane a little, certainly more than I am used to with this series, but I think this was more about my own concentration than the book itself.
The characters are becoming like old friends, and this is why I love reading strong book series.
I have already received an ARC of the next book Sleeping Dolls which I may start immediately...
This is the fifth book in the series featuring Detective Morgan Brookes and was a brilliant read.  Morgan is a Detective in the Lake District and is called out to investigate the disappearance of Sara, a young woman, from a campsite.  Her tent appeared to have been ripped and there was blood at the scene so Morgan and her team suspect that she has been abducted.  When they start discovering clues they come across the buried remains of a body but it isn’t Sara.  As Morgan looks through cold case files she discovers that there were three similar murders over twenty years ago.  The victims were all taken from campsites but the killer was never discovered but was nicknamed by them as the Travelling Man.  Morgan also discovers that the victims had been kept alive for 72 hours prior to their death so her and her team have a race against time to find Sara before that time is up.  Morgan begins to wonder whether the Travelling Man could be her biological father who was a serial racist and murderer and who has escaped from prison and has been seen in the area.  This is a tense and gripping book, with plenty of twists and turns and a dramatic ending.  I can’t wait for the next instalment.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Why did a campsite owner give Sara Fletcher a obscure location? Did that factor in to her disappearance? What is more is that when Detective Morgan Brookes begins her investigation, she quickly discovers blood that proves that something dreadful has happened. Will Sara be found alive? At first Morgan is nervous when a tracker dog discovers female remains. However, the remains prove decades old, leaving Morgan with hope that they just might have a chance to find Sara.

Why are remains in the same dense forest where Sara went missing? Could there be a connection? Determined to find answers, Morgan starts with digging into cold cases, looking for said possible connection. She does indeed find a case from twenty years ago where the kidnapping and murder at least three victims happened at campsites. Why now if the cases are connected?

Meanwhile, Morgan is more than bothered that someone from her own past has escaped from prison recently. Not sure if this is the same person they are now looking for, but Morgan cannot help but be concerned.

Find the Girl is the enthralling fifth book in the Detective Morgan Brookes series. With exceptional characterization and a thrilling story, this book was impossible to put down. I have loved this book from the beginning, with One Left Alive being the exciting start to a compelling series.

Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.
Book 5 in the Morgan Brooks series and as with the first 4 another unpardonable case, in fact this was the best one so far.

Sarah is taken from her tent in the forest. Brooks finds herself at a loss and she searches through cold cases where she discovers three previous murders from twenty years earlier known as the travelling man. Plus ofvourse we have the on going will they won’t they storyline between Morgan and Ben but with pressures of the case it’s not really the top of their priorities.

I absolutely loved this installment, I found the fast pace of the investigation reverting and hard to put down. As usual Morgan Brooks is still one of the best investigators in the world of fiction. She works our if its the same killer her and her team only have 72hours to fund Sarah and arrest her capture. The case follows Brooks and i found myself really engrossed with the proceedings. I did manage to make an educated guess who the killer was but it made it even mire fun to work out, alongside the book.

As this hard to review without giving away spoilers I will say pick up this series and never kick back that’s what I did and I am yet to be let down. Easy 5 stars recommend to crime buffs all around the world.
Thank you netgalley, Helen Phifer and bookouture for the digital ARC of find the girl in exchange for my fair and honest opinions.
This book is fast paced full of twists and turns and had me hooked all the way to the action packed ending, especially with the suspense of whether they’ll find Sara in time. If you like your crime thrillers to have a dramatic ending then Helen Phifer is definitely the author for you and if you’ve read the rest of the series you’ll know Morgan has a knack for finding trouble.

I really enjoy this series but I’m still not sure how I feel about Morgan and Ben. They’re cute but also the age gap and him being the boss just feels wrong. However, I do love both those characters and there are some great secondary characters.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Another brilliant read in the Detective Morgan Brooke’s series
These books keep getting better and better
Can’t wait for the next in this great series
Thanks NetGalley
I absolutely love this series and can not get enough of it. If life didn't get in the way I would have devoured this in one sitting. This series is getting better and better the further it goes on. I love the characters and the gripping storylines that leave you wanting more
You can definitely tell this book is part of a series. I have no read the previous books, and although the story was fine without reading the previous, it’s obviously going to be better with a full understanding. There are a lot of characters, both on the team, and background friends family etc.

There was something missing in this story and I’m not entirely sure what. I just felt like it was lacking something to take it and make it a good story throughout. I enjoyed the ending and the action to it at the end, but the rest of it felt long and boring.
This is the fifth book in the Detective Morgan Brookes series and I think it is the best one yet. A woman, Sara Fletcher, has disappeared from the Forest Pines campsite. There is a slit running down the back of her tent and spots of blood on her eye mask and bedding. It looks like she she has been taken.

Her friend reports her missing when she doesn’t turn up for their lunch date. A search is immediately started and bones are soon found. But these are clearly not Sara’s. They have been here for around 20 years. Further searches indicate she was taken by a vehicle and the trail goes cold. A former Detective Inspector Brian Walter contacts the team telling them the disappearance has all the hallmarks of a case he was investigating years ago and never solved. He referred to the perpetrator as the Travelling Man. He agrees to bring his files to Rydal Falls and help in any way he can. He tells them the Travelling Man’s MO is to hold his victims for 72 hours before killing them. The clock is ticking!

This case is really getting to Morgan, it appears that the perpetrator is a local and Morgan volunteers herself to act as bait. This is not agreed by her basses but she nevertheless finds herself in deep trouble as it comes to her door!  This is a lovely close knit team of officers who do their best for their community. Will Morgan and Sergeant Ben Matthews ever admit their feelings for one another? And how does Morgan’s killer father Gary Marks fit into the story? The pace was pretty relentless throughout as it was a race to save Sara before she was killed. The ending was quite terrifying. Many thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the much appreciated arc which I reviewed voluntarily and honestly.
This is the 5th book in the Detective Morgan Brookes series.

When a Sara is reported missing by her friend who insists she never misses a lunch date or any meeting for that matter she is worried something is wrong when she can’t contact her, she tells police Sara was camping and she has discovered her missing and her tent damaged. Detective Morgan Brookes, her boss Sargent Ben and the team are called to the camp site where she was last seen to discover her tent cut open at the back and blood on her pillow. What has happened to Sara? As the rest of the team is called to investigate, the sniffer dog discovers a  human skeleton covered with leaves and debris. The bones are too old to be Sara, so who is this and are the cases connected? When a retired detective calls in and offers to help as he has seen the news and this case is very similar to one he was investigating and never solved, he called him the travelling man, He kidnapped and killed young women 72 hours later. If he is back this means Morgan only has 72 hours to find Sara.

Even though I haven’t read the first 4 books in the series I still found it easy to follow the story and get a feel of the characters and their relationships, I really enjoyed the story line and plot, I was hooked in front the start and felt myself wanting to read on and see what happens next!

Thank you for letting me read this book, I will go on and read the other ones in the series now!
A tense thriller.  DC Morgan Brookes investigates the disappearance of a young woman from a camp site but soon discovers a link to historical disappearances in similar circumstances.  Kept me on the edge of my seat.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publishing house and the author for the opportunity to read a complimentary copy of this book in return for a review based upon my honest opinion.

I love this author’s books. I feel like I have read almost every book and series she has written. When I see the name Helen Phifer I request and/or purchase the book!  This the the fifth book in the Detective Morgan Brookes series and it could easily be read as standalone book but this series is so good you’re going to want to read all of the books!

Since Morgan was moved up the ranks as detective, there has been so much drama and crime in this small area; but she is up to it and she can handle any case. When a woman is reported as missing from a campsite, Morgan quickly deduces that the woman has been taken from her tent. A search of the area does not find the woman but they do discover skeletal remains in the woods nearby the campsite. Is this case heats up, I retired detective from another district calls Morgan‘s boss Ben with a suspicion that this is a serial killer. Morgan agrees to meet with the man and he tells her that he has called this man the travelling man. Even the name sounds shivers up Morgan’s spine for some reason. To add to the mix Morgan‘s birth father, in prison for murder of her mother, has escaped and is on the loose.

Is Morgan’s father the murderer, is there another serial murderer in the area, is it the travelling man and will the woman be found safe; these are just a few of the questions I fretted over while reading. Could Morgan help solve the case and not get herself in danger and when will Morgan and Ben find out how well of a match they are.

I really enjoyed this book, it kept me on the edge of my seat and had a great storyline. Cannot wait to read more about Morgan Brookes  and the rest of her squad.
Sara Fletcher is camping alone when she is abducted and a frantic search for her ensues. The investigation is led by DC Morgan Brookes and her team quickly find a body. But it is a skeleton not Sara. Has the kidnapper acted before with murderous consequences, and can the police find Sara before she becomes the next victim?
Find The Girl is the fifth book to feature DC Morgan Brookes. I have reviewed all of the earlier books in the series: One Left Alive, The Killer’s Girl, The Hiding Place, and First Girl To Die.
Morgan and her immediate boss Ben are straight on the case as the action begins immediately. They are determined to catch the killer before he can kill Sara but they find another body instead and fear they are dealing with a serial killer.
The pace is relentless and there are some parts from the perspective of the killer which shows the danger his victims are in. Morgan and Ben continue to have a spark of attraction that means that they don't always behave in an objective way towards in each other.
There are lots of twists and I was convinced I had guessed the killer but was wrong! The ending is dramatic to the point of jaw dropping...
Find The Girl was just as gripping as the previous books in the series and again I am on tenterhooks waiting for the next instalment.
FIND THE GIRL is the fifth book in a police procedural series featuring Detective Morgan Brookes by Helen Phifer. I’ve read many of Helen Phifer’s books and this the fifth book in the series and is another definite winner! Although this book can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the books in order to get a full history. This is my review of Find The Girl.

The books in the Detective Morgan Brookes Series:
BOOK 1-ONE LEFT ALIVE
BOOK 2-THE KILLER’S GIRL
BOOK 3-THE HIDING PLACE
BOOK 4-FIRST GIRL TO DIE
BOOK 5-FIND THE GIRL

Anna arrives late at Forest Pines Campsite, where she has booked a site for the week, to find that her spot had been given to someone else because they didn’t think she was coming. But she was given a spot on the outskirts near the forest. Sometime later she wakes up to find she wasn’t lying down in her tent but gagged tied and bound to the base of a tree. Her captive then slit her throat…

When a woman disappears from Forest Pines campsite, Detective Morgan Brookes scrambles a search party. Sara Fletcher has never missed a lunch date with her best friend and when Morgan finds a large rip in Sara’s tent, she knows that something terrible must have happened. A tracker dog leads Morgan to female remains, partially covered by leaves and dirt – but the bones don’t belong to Sara.

Are these two cases connected?

After further investigation, Morgan discovers three cold cases…three other victims dating back twenty years who were taken from campsites while they slept, by a killer the police called The Travelling Man. The post-mortems shows that the killer kept them alive for 72 hours, then disposed of their remains in the forest or woods.

But Morgan also has to come to terms with her biological killer father, Gary Marks, has escaped from prison and hasn’t been captured yet. Could he be responsible, or were they chasing the wrong man? Morgan must find the killer before he kills a new victim.

This is a fast-paced crime thriller with intriguing characters with a plot filled with twists and turns.

Many thanks to the author, Bookouture and Net Galley for my digital copy.
A camper disappears and her tent looks disturbed by a fight. Detective Brookes is called to the scene by a colleague to help with the investigation. And the action begins.
Thanks to Netgalley for this book.
Thank you to Bookouture for my ARC in exchange for an honest unbiased review.

I have been a fan of the Morgan Brookes series. This book is the fifth in this exciting series and it takes an interesting turn in two aspects. A great cast of characters which are both likeable and unsavoury. The attraction between Morgan and Ben has simmered over the course of the series. The plot was really good, and the ending was a surprise, and very well done.  It was a fast and enjoyable read, as the action was non-stop.  Suspense built throughout. The pace is fast in this thrilling read that had several twists. As always, Morgan gets herself in sticky situations, and finds herself in a life or death fight. I really enjoy the series and this episode is the best one yet. Recommended for fans who love crime thrillers that are fast paced and chilling.
WoW........Find the Girl by Helen Phifer is the fifth book in Detective Morgan Brookes series and this book did not disappoint. It was brilliant from start to finish especially as it had great twists and turns throughout that will just have you hooked!

Helen's books are just a fantastic enjoyable read and I highly recommend all her books. Great for a holiday read especially if you have a long flight! They will keep you awake!

Big Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture the publisher for my ARC in exchange for an honest unbiased review
It's my pleasure to share my thoughts on Find The Girl, as part of the book tour hosted by Bookouture. Thank you for my spot on the tour and for the advance copy in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.

𝗠𝘆 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄

Detective Constable Morgan Brooks is called to the Camp site as a precaution because Sara Fletcher’s tent looks suspicious. The large tear at the back, the blood on the eye mask, and most importantly, she’s missing. After calling it in, the search dog makes a macabre discovery in the woods.

I started reading without the knowledge that this was book five in the Morgan Brooks series. I didn’t I feel I had missed anything, except maybe a little context and character development, but it left me eager to catch up on Morgan’s previous investigations.

I genuinely liked this book. I was hooked before even the prologue was finished. This style of writing lends itself perfectly to suspenseful thrillers like this. The author’s use of description made it very easy to visualise the scenes, and the beautiful Cumbrian landscape, which made the story flow as seamlessly as a well edited television drama.

Overall, I think this might be my favourite book of the month so far, and cannot recommend it enough to all readers of crime thrillers and police procedurals. I gave Find The Girl, by Helen Phifer, five stars.
When a camper disappears leaving behind blood, Detective Morgan Brookes is called to the scene. Why was this woman camping by herself, and why did the camp employee put her at a spot far from the other campsites? Morgan senses that this perpetrator has done this before and digs into the cold case files. When she finds a pattern confirmed by a retired cop, Megan and team start tracking the murderer. There are a few possible suspects, but discerning who is guilty is not easy, but this is what Morgan does best. Will she figure out the mystery in time to save a life?
Oh how I loved this book. Was racing to finish as it was so heart poundingly thrilling and yet was bereft when it ended. Love this author. She absolutely delivers with each and every book and this one was just outstanding.