Cover Image: Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

And that's why I don't go camping!

I'm a big fan of this series and have followed Morgan Brookes since the beginning and every book has been as engaging and well written as the last and book 5 is no different a great edition to a fabulous series.

A fast paced action packed, nail biting read from the first to the last page.

Another masterpiece from the extremely talented Helen Phifer.
A good, fast paced story which held my attention well. Lone women who are camping have been disappearing and meeting their fates in shallow graves in woodlands. The tension is good in the investigation and the detectives are likeable and well developed as characters and there is the essential love interest and tragic backstory element. The pasts of the main perpetrators is also explored to give some reasoning behind their crimes. At times the investigation felt a little bit clumsy and not quite believable and the ground was referred to multiple times as the floor, which was mildly irritating, but overall didn’t detract from the main storyline which I enjoyed. It was a good easy read. Thank you.
Fast paced mystery. A missing woman and human remains at a campsite keep Morgan and her team busy. To top it off,  her father breaks out of prison and she thinks she keeps seeing him around town. This was a tense page turner.  It can be read as a stand alone but is much more enjoyable to have read the rest of the series to get a better grasp of what a wonderful character Morgan is.
Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for this ARC.
My heart is still pounding hours after the last page. Oh my god what a heart stopping read. Brutal and gruesome and terrifying. As a female this preys on some of my deepest fears. I had nightmares. I had goosebumps. I had chills. This was a fast paced suspenseful read. It grabs you from page one and hold tight till the last page and beyond. Twists and turns and more horror hides in every page flip. The characters are so well developed they feel like family. This book is easily in my top 10 for this year.
DC Morgan Brookes is back with the team when a young camper has gone missing. Whilst looking for the camper another body has turned up which leads to more carnage and upset for the locals. With Morgan’s history always lurking around can she sort herself out and will Ben ever realise that he is in love with her!
As always Helen’s books grip you and the story never gives up. Helen is one of my favourite authors and her books never ever let me down. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
Book five in the series
A brilliant  crime thriller
Detective  Morgan Brookes sitting in a marked  car alone, her father is Gary Marks and on the run from prison, she thinks she has already  spotted  him, this is her job alone  to nab him and take him in. Called to a camping site a girl is missing  and  a dead corps  of a female  is found  near by, this book is so creepy with nail biting  chapters,  gripped with lots of surprises and more.  Wow I'd  say this is her best work yet in the series. They just get better and better.  I loved it
A digital copy of this book was given to me by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
August 1997 a single woman goes to a campsite and sets up on the border of the fenced off forest, she is taken into the woods and tied to a tree. Present day, Morgan is called to the campsite where a camper has gone missing, near the edge of the woods, her tent torn from the back and drops of blood inside.
This is the 5th in the Morgan Brookes series, and I LOVED it. This is one of my favorite series and as soon as I finish reading it, I can't wait for the next one to be released. I spent probably the last half wondering and hoping that Morgan wasn't going to get herself in trouble the way she always seems too. Of course, trouble finds her no matter how careful she is or who she is surrounded by. There were some intense moments. The relationship between Morgan and Ben although obvious to EVERYONE around them just doesn't seem to make itself known to them, yet.
Also, I would like to say that Declan is probably my favorite person in all the detective series I have read. He is so caring and compassionate to the victims. I absolutely love him.
Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Helen Phifer.
Really enjoyed this book, could not put it down. Will definitely read more by this author.                     .
This book is creepy in the best way!

I love thrillers that involve the woods and camping scenes. I don't scare easily, but "Find The Girl" by Helen Phifer had me turning on the lights in my house. This is the 5th book in the "Detective Morgan Brookes Series". I plan to read the other four books pronto.

When Sara goes mysteriously missing from her tent at the "Forest Pines" campsite, Morgan Brookes (a local detective) is called out to investigate. At the scene is evidence that Sara has been kidnapped. Additionally, Morgan and her team find a female skeleton that has been dead too long for it to be Sara's remains. The two cases parallel evidence from older unsolved crimes leading detectives to believe a serial killer may be on the loose.

Helen Phifer masterfully lays out this spine-chilling novel in intricate page-by-page detail. I loved this book! "Find The Girl" will be published January 19, 2022.

Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for my free e-book in exchange for my honest review.
When a young woman goes missing from Forest Pines campsite at first. they thought she has gone on an early hike in the woods. But when she misses her lunch date with her friend and her tent is slashed with a blood trail. Detective Morgan Brookes knows there is something not right. When the investigate further they see drags marks going away from the tent. They realise the women has been abducted and discover a skeleton hand in the ground. Similarities of both incidents are to a cold case where women are abducted and then left for dead after 72 hours. The race is on to find the woman Sara Fletcher before she ends up dead.
Find the Girl by Helen Phifer is the fifth book in the Detective Morgan Brookes and Wow she has done it again with this brilliant action-packed thriller. I really enjoy the series and this episode is the best one yet. Especially the last third of the book which I found was gripping, nail biting stuff. 5 stars from me.
Book 5 in this series and having enjoyed the previous books I was looking forward to this one and it doesn’t disappoint.

A woman disappears from a campsite. Old bones are then discovered at the same campsite. When it appears that the two incidents could be linked, DC Morgan Brookes will have her work cut out to solve the perplexing mystery.

A great story which kept me gripped throughout. I am looking forward to the next one in this series.
Another fantastic crime thriller and so much more from one of my favourite authors. Full of shocks and surprises and a chilling case like no other. Page after page of tension and suspense and for me this series keeps going from strength to strength. Another read I found very hard to put down. A must read and a well deserved five stars. I need the next in this gripping and very addictive series NOW PLEASE!!!!!
Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.
Detective Morgan Brookes #5

The tent door flutters in the warm breeze, opening towards the silent woods beyond. A silk eye mask lies on top of the empty sleeping bag, blood-red spots ruining the cream fabric....

When a woman disappears from Forest Pines campsite, Detective Morgan Brookes scrambles a search party. Sara Fletcher has never missed a lunch date with her best friend and when Morgan finds a large rip in Sara's tent, she knows something terrible must have happened.

When Sara is reported missing by her friend, DI Morgan Brookes is concerned for Sara's safety, A large search party is searching for Sara and a tracker dog finds human remains that were covered by leaves.

There's not much more I can tell you about this book as it would contain far too many spoilers. The pace is fast in this thrilling read that had lots of twists. As always, Morgan gets herself into sticky situations. I really like this series and the books get better and better. A fantastic read from beginning to end.

I would like to thank #NetGalley #Bookouture and the author #HelenPhifer for my ARC of #FindTheGirl in exchange for an honest review.
i love this series and author never disapoints. Detective Morgan Brookes  is very certain that she has seen her father Gary Marks who has broken out of prison so she watching houses in her car she has not told anyone. a call on the radio needs her attention. a woman has gone missing at forest pines campsite. Sara,s friend  Sofie  alerts the police. but when they do a search  they find human remains and they are dealing with a serial killer i wont say no more but this will keep you gripped to the end so recommend this series
This author always delivers and reading a new book by her is just a treat.  This is another adventure in the Morgan series, but I think you can read it as a standalone.  It was very engaging and well developed. I just devoured it.

I was given an advance copy by netgalley and the publishers but the review is entirely my own.
Thank you to NetGalley for an advance copy of Find The Girl by Helen Phifer
This is the 5th book in the Detective Morgan Brookes series but can be read as a stand alone.
Morgan has been on a roller coaster ride since joining the police being promoted to Detective in record time.
She has a knack of getting into dangerous situations and has managed to survive thus far.
Sara has disappeared from a local campsite and when Morgan finds the tent sliced open and blood on the pillow the search through the woods adjoining the campsite goes into full swing. They find a body in the woods but it’s not Sara, this is a woman who has been missing for years. Is it the same killer who now has Sara.  Can they find her before it’s to late. Fast paced Police Procedural.
I have enjoyed book one-four of the Detective Morgan Brookes Series.
Book five Find the Girl didn't disappoint!
Helen has been a big favorite of mine since her first Morgan Brookes book in 2020!
This is a fast paced, well written police procedural.
I was hooked from the beginning and didn't want to put the book down.
I was really impressed with the character development here.
Her writing is such a riveting and unique thriller read I enjoyed!
Morgan is seriously a fabulous character to this story and I loved that she is feisty, smart, hard worker and has such a big heart!
This is a brilliant crime thriller with a nail biting conclusion that I just loved.
 Go read it! This was fun!

Bookouture,
Thank you so much for this eARC!
How do I review a book when It's literally left me speechless?! It's outstanding. It's so creepy, it keeps you on the edge of your seat, it is so well written that you will feel the hairs on your arms stand on end. I could throw in every turn of phrase in this review and it still wouldn't be enough. This book is just amazing!! I was terrified but I enjoyed every second of it. Highly recommend
OMG I just love Morgan Brookes!

Although she seems to have a sixth sense where danger is concerned, she does not hide. She feels the fear, but catching a killer is the most important and if she has to throw herself in for of a speeding train, namely a vicious killer, she is the first to volunteer trying to make them come out of hiding.

On the other hand killer like her. Well, they would like to kill her more precisely. They will have to stand in line though, because Morgan will each and everyone of them a lesson.

She does not come out of the battle unscathed unfortunately, but that does not stop her either. The next time, for the next case she will be as determined.

And then there is Ben. Poor man. Every time Morgan suggests one of her dangerous ideas, he dies a little. He is often angry at her, but that of course has an underlying reason. Maybe it’s time they sit down and talk… 😊

I cried a little. My heart melted. Blood definitely is thicker than water.

A book I enjoyed a lot. 5 stars