Cover Image: Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

Find the Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes Book 5)

I always seem to say the same but Helen has done it again. I have enjoyed all of her books and she never disappoints with any of them. I love how we follow the characters and how the relationships have developed and evolved. The fact that in the series the books all follow on closely from each other makes them a really good read as feel like you know them personally and can envisage them in the surroundings as they have been described in such great detail. I have said this before and still believe that these would make an excellent TV series.
I don’t like the reviews that give away the plot lines of the books as I prefer to read them myself but all I will say is……YAY AT LAST 😊
Morgan Brookes is back in an absolutely BRILLIANT edge of your seat book.When a young woman is reported missing by her friend Morgan gets a search party out,and after seeing the woman's tent with a large tear in it Morgan is concerned.Hours into the search a tracker dog has Morgan running but what they find is human remains covered by leaves and earth.This book had me on the edge of my seat willing Morgan on to find the culprit and to find the young woman alive.Helen Phifer is a superb writer that has me hooked into her books as they grip you from start to finish 5*
FIND THE GIRL opens with a woman camping in an idyllic forest setting until she wakes up in a terrifying, horrendous situation. Finding answers to that baffling mystery are elusive. Thoughts of the heart-pounding, chilling nightmare that's being endured sends these pages flying by culminating in a petrifying, explosive finish that you'll never see coming.
A word of advice. Never, ever go camping in this area of England, especially if you’re female and offered a remote ca on site. Morgan is hot on the trail of a missing camper when more gruesome details are discovered. Morgan also can’t shake the feeling a blast from her past is lurking nearby. There are a couple of exciting revelations in this latest book, plus an astonishing act by one character.
Wow, Find the Girl by Helen Phifer was a gripping story that had me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed getting to know the main character, Morgan and liked her style. Each character was intriguing in their own rights and was developed well for the story.

I have not read the previous books, but I did not feel I missed out on anything. I'm actually going to go back and read the other four books to catch up!

#FindtheGirl #NetGalley
Wow, this series is getting better with every new book. This book had me gripped from the start with a fantastic ending. Thank you Helen
First off  like always I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher   Bookouture , the author Helen Phifer , and to NetGalley for the invite to join this blog tour as well as letting me read and review it. This book was just what I need to to read especially after reading Eney Meeny by M.J.Arlidge, and I was feeling a little bit in a reading slump , but this book got me out of it as soon as I started to read it, it was prefect in the  way that it had that creepy setting of been alone in the woods but not totally alone, of having a serial killer that came as he wanted to , and you had no idea who is was and where he was , he wasn't afraid to be caught . And all you could do was just set back and enjoy the ride and hope that the missing girl was found before the next one went missing ,
Wow...wow...just WOW!!!!

Detective Morgan Brookes is back with another case!!!!

When a girl, who was camping at the campsite goes missing as she failed to turn up for the lunch with her close friend, Detective Morgan Brookes and her team comb through the campsite to look for her--only to find skeletal remains of a woman in the same campsite. With time running out to find the missing girl and that there might be a connection between the two women, Detective Morgan Brookes must find the murderer before he could hurt her...

I must say--out of all the Morgan series I have read--this book is DA Best!! I was immediately hooked from the first chapter to the end and I was so hooked and into the story that I stayed up all night reading the book! This book is fast paced packed with twists and turns that will keep your mind rolling, making you guess and wanting to know what is going to happen next! The author does a good job of keeping the reader hooked into the story and I simply, simply couldn't put this book down! And it's not only that--this book has so much suspects that you didn't know which one might be the potential suspect.

Overall, this is an intense, nail biting, action packed unputdownable thriller that will keep you up all night! Worth five complete stars!

Many thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the ARC. The review is based on my honest opinion only.
Yet another fantastic, fast paced, page turner. I love this series, Morgan Brooks is one unlucky character! Look forward to seeing what's in store for her next.
WOW! Helen Phifer has done it again with Find the Girl. It is fast-paced, exciting, and a real page-turner. This book had me on the edge of my seat and guessing right up until the end to figure out "who did it."  It was gripping and chilling and had my heart racing.

This book centres on catching a killer who has been abducting women from campsites, holding them for 72 hours before leaving their bodies in the woods.  As they look into the case they find similarities to cases going back 20 years.  After another woman is abducted they need to work fast in hopes of catching him before he has time to kill again.  But first, they need to connect the dots of the previous cases to narrow down their search and stop him.

Find the Girl was darker than the rest of the books in the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This is one of my favourite detective series. The balance of humour, mystery, and thriller is delightful. I love the character development throughout the series and how we actually feel drawn into their world.  They feel like friends, rather than characters on a page. As I said in my last review, I don't know how Morgan finds herself in the predicaments she does, but that girl has 9 lives.

Find the Girl is my favourite of the 5 in the series so far. It tied up some storylines and left a few open, so I have my fingers crossed that this is not the last we see of the lovely Morgan Brookes, Ben, Amy and the rest of the crew.

My favourite line ever from Ben was in this book again (we first saw it in book 2) and had me rolling on the floor laughing. The way Helen has managed to mix humour with a solid detective novel is pure joy.

PLEASE, keep writing this series!

Thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture, and Helen Phifer for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.  As always, all opinions are my own.
Oh my goodness Morgan Brookes does get herself into some scrapes,  and in this latest novel by Helen Phifer she doesn't shy away from the action.
A young girl has gone missing from a lake district campsite but when police arrive to investigate they are shocked to find no trace of her but skeletal remains from many years previous.
With the first 48 hours critical in any missing persons case the team have to hurry to find Sara before she becomes another victim.
I love the Morgan Brookes series, I like how all the characters have their own roles to play, there are also more hints to a budding romance between Morgan and Ben, after all its been building for a while
Many thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this advanced copy.  I am under no obligation to leave my honest review
When a woman disappears from Forest Pines campsite, Detective Morgan Brookes scrambles a search party. Sara Fletcher has never missed a lunch date with her best friend and when Morgan finds a large rip in Sara’s tent, she knows that something terrible must have happened. About to lose hope after hours combing through the acres of dense forest, the excited bark of a tracker dog leads Morgan to female remains, partially covered by leaves and dirt – but the bones don’t belong to Sara!  The storyline kept me glued to my Kindle through the whole book! I definitely recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
One of the best thrillers I’ve read all year.  Facebook literally kept me on the edge of my seat until the last page I couldn’t wait to find out what happened.  I highly enjoyed it.
And we are off on DC Morgan Brookes 5th adventure.  Morgan is quickly becoming one of my favourites, despite the heart pounding predicaments she finds herself in.
In this book Morgan and team are investigating a missing women from a local campground.  When it becomes clear that likely the kidnapper has taken women before and killed the search for the missing woman becomes even more critical.  Can they find her before it’s too late?
This is a solid, fast paced read.  You do not need to read the other 4 in the series but you are missing out on some great reads if you choose to skip them!
I liked this book pretty much, it was somewhat predictible,  a strong, somewhat reckless female detective with a troubled past and a love interest in the background.  The ending was unexpected but felt a bit rushed given how much detail was given to everything else, more time spent on the discovery and the emotional impact would have made it a stronger story.  This was part of a series and I would read other books in it
Where do I start…

I really enjoy this series. The cast of quirky characters totally works for me. And I as I’m in US I love the occasional word that I’m like WHAT?

There is something about Morgan’s character that just speaks to me, boy her tenacity & smarts are awesome. And I think because she’s young and kind of fell into the job people underestimate her…a lot. And Ben, well he really needs to chill. LOL

This was a fast paced mystery with many twists and turns. I honestly felt like I was racing towards the finishing line. And all I’ll say about Ben getting his head out of his arse is YES! 🤣😂😅

I can’t wait for more in this series. It just keeps me coming back for more!
Great book! Wow! What a nail biter! My heart was pounding almost the whole book! This book had suspense, intrigue, action, and a great who done it! It had some great police work too! I highly recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! As I said its a really great thriller as my heart was pounding! A definite great read! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
Wow oh wow!! What a book!! Phifer keeps getting better and better with every book. This is quite possibly my new favourite!!

I adore Morgan Brookes, she is such a likeable and strong character. In a career often dominated by men, Brooke’s has found her place and become an unstoppable force. Always filled with strength and determination, she is definitely one of my favourite fictional characters.

This is gripping from the very beginning. I have found this completely unpredictable. Phifer has made my heart pound at certain parts of this book. Events have literally taken my breath away and left me unsure of what is going on. This is a truly remarkable read which I have been unwilling to put down.

I really hope there will be more books with Morgan and Ben. I NEED more, they are a spectacular pair and together make for great reading.

Phifer is definitely one of my favourite authors and this book has really cemented why. I have been completely pulled in and unwilling to return to reality. This is fast paced and filled with twists that are completely unexpected.

Phifer has allowed us to revisit familiar characters and meet new ones. Each are interesting and play their unique roles in this book. This is definitely a five star read and one that I have no hesitation in recommending.
Detective Morgan Brooks knows something terrible has happened to Sara Fletcher in her campsite at Forest Pines. Friends can set their watch by the missing woman and the fact she hasn’t shown up for lunch with a friend combined with the huge rip in the back of Sara’s tent all lead to some pretty ugly conclusions. A sniffer dog tracks down human remains, but they don’t belong to Sara and Morgan discovers that three other people disappeared in remarkably similar ways. But those kills took place two decades ago. Could it be the same killer, a copycat? All Morgan knows is that the killer dubbed the Travelling Man kept his victims alive for 72 hours before killing them. That puts her on a terrifying deadline if she’s to find Sara before it’s too late. This book is a reminder of the danger women are in in our world. a sobering but absorbing read