Cover Image: One Night With You

One Night With You

This one was a lovely read. I really enjoyed reading this one. I just love this kind of books.
4 stars read for me
I really enjoyed this one. This was a quick read with one of my favorite tropes. Iโ€™ve shared this one as a must read with so many people!
Heart-warming, flawless rom-com. Emotional but cosy, relatable and realistic. This is written well, the plot is easy to follow and is well-paced to keep readers engaged. An enjoyable, appealing, entertaining read, perfect as a summer read in the sun!

Highly recommended to fans of this genre, and I will definitely be inclined to pick up further releases by this author.
๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

One Night With You is written from LJWโ€™s heart for readers whose own hearts are creative & curious, harbouring big dreams, holding meaningful space for others and longing for rom-com worthy love. This effortlessly heartfelt, poignant, empowering and reflective story will enchant and resonate with all readers.

โœจ๐˜‰๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ.โœจ

On the eve of her โ€˜Year of Me,โ€™ Ruby is sorting out the last of her affairs in London before moving to Manchester where she is pursing a Masters in documentary filmmaking and journalism. As her luck would have it, that very night she meets Nic โ€” on his first night in London.

โœจ"...๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ."โœจ

Their chemistry undeniable, our hearts ache for the couple as their will-they-wonโ€™t-they relationship unfolds through the sweetest dates, realistic relationship obstacles and thoughtfully portrayed life challenges.

Alongside Ruby and Nicโ€™s story, LJW further explores love through Rubyโ€™s documentary subject JP, a 96-year-old war veteran, as he searches for the long lost first love he fell out of touch with during WWII.

โœจ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.โœจ

LJW weaves stories of past, present, future, what could have been and what could be into a perceptive, thoughtful and heartwarming read full of cheeky banter, sharp wit, relatable characters, laugh-out-loud moments and meaningful reflection.

Thank you sincerely Netgalley, Avon and Laura Jane Williams for the privilege of reading this book before publication in exchange for an honest review.
Laura has knocked it out of the park once again with One Night With You. The perfect summer romantic read, for someone looking for a book with some substance. Supported by the dual point of view, it was really easy to root for both Ruby and Nic. The pace could have been quicker to really draw me in, but I appreciated the inclusion of the technology used to date today to move things along and keep me interested. I eagerly await what comes next from this author, as her books have become a staple of my summer reading lists!
Great read! Loved the characters and the premise. Fantastic to be able to read the story from both the main characters point of view. More than just a romance, this book touched on so much more! Easy to read and funny as well as touching. Definitely a must read.

'One Night With You ' by Laura Jane Williams 4.5 stars
   The book follows Nic and Ruby after they made a connection during a one-night stand but the problem is that Nic is coming to London while Ruby is leaving. Both trying to reset their lives.
      This book was cute, their chemistry and banter were unmatched. The friendships gave the book a great balance, the friends were great side characters and really helped with character development. Ruby and Nic had storylines by their self but they crossed since it was a dual point of view. You got to see their feelings, their backstories, and their struggles which were real and honest. I really liked this book, the romance had me from the start so I was hooked on the book but the ending although it was real, I didn't like it very much, felt really open like I need to see how it really ends.
 Thanks, NetGalley for the arc.
Lovely story with characters who are easy to fall in love with. Enjoyable from start to finish! Compelling writing with such a good plot.
I love Laura Jane Williams, but this book, woah. I have mixed feelings. The beginning had me on such a high. I loved the instant attraction and flirtiness between Nic and Ruby. But following their journey was like watching a slow motion train wreck. I got whiplash from the will-they-won't-they back and forth. Just get together already- you know you're meant to be!! I have to say- I LOVED the poems that Ruby and Nic exchanged in their texts. So utterly adorable (as was the LARPing date!)!

The author has a wonderful way of writing and creating brilliant characters, especially the supporting crew. JP was a top notch man and I loved his insight into life and life. Jackson was the best kind of friend and I loved his personality. Harry was the perfect new friend on the scene turned forever friend.

I enjoyed the dual point of view. It's always fun to read the thoughts of both main characters!
I love an online romance, and I count romance via text as being in the same boat. This starts out so strong, and then sort of... flounders. Ruby was absolutely obonoxious, and Nick was a little TOO perfect. All told, the overall premise was great and I WANTED to like it, but just didn't vibe with the main characters. Plus, Ruby and her friends are all kind of jerks.

TW: Miscarriage, death
A nice story about finding the right person at the wrong time.
I really enjoyed the beginning when Ruby and Nic meet, but JPโ€™s story and the documentary kind of too my away from the main story and although it seemed integral to the plot I found a bit boring.
Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books for letting me review this book in exchange for an honest review.
โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

This book was absolutely stunning. I went into it expecting to like it, but I didnโ€™t think that I would absolutely LOVE it, and I did. From the first chapter, it had me glued.

There was the perfect amount of romance, humour and sarcasm written in this book without it being super cheesy, which I really appreciated. I could feel the characters love for each other bursting from the pages, and the deep rooted message written throughout was beautiful.

Sidenote: This would make such an amazing film!

I will now be checking out all of Laura Jane Williamsโ€™ backlist!
I liked the beginning, loved the last few chapters, but the middle was kinda meh for me.

This is a story about finding the right person at the wrong time. It's a story about searching for them when the time is right.

Told in alternating POV, the book starts when Nic and Ruby meet on his first and her last night in London. She's leaving in the morning for Manchester, where she'll be taking a film making course, so this can be nothing but a one-night stand.

I loved the chemistry between Ruby and Nic, they were a great couple and I was rooting for them all along. However, I feel like the whole subplot of Ruby's documentary project takes away a lot from their story. Yes, JP is great and full of wisdom, his story is endearing to say the least, and I know it is supposed to be a mirror for Ruby to look at see where she could end up, but I still felt like I was being taken away from what I was really here for, which was Nic and Ruby's romance story.

The last few chapters were great, though, the last two especially. I was crying by the end.
This was a cute read about a couple who fell in love, but could never sync their timing together.  It was the wrong place and the wrong time for them from the very beginning. Ruby and Nic meet at her going away party.  Nic just moved to London, and Ruby is going to Manchester to go to school in film.

The characters were well done, but there was too much discussion about various topics like the motivations in a film, for instance.  They went on too long and didnโ€™t add to the book in my opinion. I found myself skipping sections to advance the plot. 3 stars.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed as in this review are completely my
Although I have always been fascinated by the concept of right person at the wrong time, I have to say this book was a bit hard for me to fully invest in. It is an emotional read, and I do recommend checking trigger warnings before diving in. I think there is a lot of heart in this book, it was just hard for me to connect with the characters and their tribulations because I haven't experienced some of the salient plot points in the story myself; I think LJW's writing flows very nicely, and I would definitely read more from her pen. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for sending me an E-ARC in exchange for an honest review!
I had such a fun time reading this one. I love any story where two strangers can connect - doesn't seem to happen much in real life anymore!
What a fabulous book. Funny, sad, insightful, witty and so much more.

Ruby and Nic meet as one of them is leaving London and the other is moving in. Nic buys Rubyโ€™s sofa and a surprisingly beautiful love story begins. From a promised one night stand only the relationship grows over the years.

Highly recommend and just as good as the books I have read by the same author.

Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Its pouring with rain as Nic arrives in London looking for Maple Avenue where he needs to collect a couch he bought. Ruby is packed and ready to leave London, headed for Manchester to start a University Course.
A fun romance. Set mostly in London. Rubyโ€™s housemates Jackson and Candice donโ€™t want Ruby to leave so they try to set up an attraction between Ruby and Nic. The attraction is there but Ruby and Nic both need to get over failed romances.
I loved the way Jackson and Candice set the scene and encouraged the attraction between Ruby and Nic.
After loving Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams last year, this has been one of my most anticipated releases for 2022! I loved Lauraโ€™s writing previously and knew I would love this one!

Nic is moving to London after a break-up, excited for his new life in the city. Ruby is moving away from London for an exciting new opportunity up north. In a chance meeting, they are thrown together, and discover a romance between them that could be perfect for both of them. But thereโ€™s one problem - itโ€™s his first night in London, and her last. So after tonight, theyโ€™ll never see each other againโ€ฆ Will they?

The story is very much a near-miss, will-they-wonโ€™t-they, right-person-wrong-time sort of romance, which I just love! It reminded me in places of One Day in December by Josie Silver which is currently my favourite romance book, so if you enjoyed that youโ€™ll definitely like this one too!

I felt so many emotions while reading this, and was just praying for Nic and Ruby to get together the whole time! Although most romance plots are pretty predictable, this threw in a few surprise elements that kicked it up a notch for me, as it just gave the story more depth. There were also some really tough topics discussed in the book (the main one being miscarriage) which made it so much more than a love story and sparked so much emotion!

Ruby and her friend Candice did slightly irritate me at times, but overall I loved all the characters! Nic was a babe, their friend Jackson was absolutely awesome, and JP ๐Ÿฅบ the cutest old guy ever to grace the pages of a book! I loved that both Nic and Ruby put their own lives first too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

This book got me out of a huge reading slump, and then put me straight back into another one because I needed more of this! I absolutely loved it and will definitely be one I come back to when I need a comfort romance read ๐Ÿฅฐ
What a brilliant book! After feeling like forever in a slump I picked this up and it was everything I needed. I loved Nic and Ruby and their story from the beginning, I just wanted them to get together but life was always in the way. Would massively recommend this book!