Cover Image: Fireball

Fireball

Fireball was an absolute lovely read. The characters were amazing, the snark and the enemies to lovers romance all I ever needed and I can't wait to read more by Lainey Davis
what a super fun book this was!! i truly enjoyed this one a lot!! i'm so thankful to netgalley for supplying me with yet another huge hit of a book!!
This is a good book. The two main characters are Samantha and AJ. Samantha is the CEO of a tech company and  AJ is a teacher. AJ goes to a meeting at Samantha’s company and he gets mad at something that Samantha says and he leaves. There was a mutual attraction. Samantha runs into AJ at a book signing apologies for the mistake she made. They each have trust issues but together they work them out and falling in love.
I found this to be a really fun and fast-paced book. The main female character Sam or Samatha owns and runs her own tech company. Getting ready for a launch she is finding herself pulled short most of the time but she feels she needs to look at everything. Wanting to help the schools in the area as well her company has an open house for science teachers to come in and get a tour and see some of the products that they have which she would like to give to the schools.
  A.J. is a teacher and is told by his principal to go to this open house sort of speak. Not really wanting to be there he, of course, is rude when she shows up and after they have words back and forth she at the end of the day feels bad. She finds out what school he was from and decides to make an appearance in his class. When she does he is still not pleased but that is because she took it over and he found out that she knows what she is talking about. He is still at times being a jerk to her but yet she wants to be with him. Of course, it is not until he thinks she is with someone else that he actually gets his head out of his ass and becomes civil. His attitude and that of her father are really the only issues I had with the story. Other than that a good fast-paced book.
Super cute, fast past rom-com! I really loved the strong female lead in this book and the career theme was entertaining.
This is my first time reading this author and now I'm obsessed!! This book was just so much fun to read. I was looking for a book that would provide me with a good time while I was reading and this one did that perfectly. This book brought me so much joy to read.
This is the first book in the Bridges and Bitters series and also my first opportunity reading g something by Ms. Davis and I was not disappointed. I'm always looking for a good enemies to lovers trope and this one fits that category well. There were plenty of fun moments throughout and moments that just generally left me smiling. Samantha is the owner of a tech company and AJ is a teacher and they meet at a community event. They don't necessarily get off on the right foot, but that changes as they have the opportunity to spend more time together.
The characters were interesting with realistic qualities that gave them an authenticity and were easily relatable. The story was delightfully cute and enjoyable. If you're looking for a fun, quick and light read, then you definitely will want to pick this one up.

I received a complimentary copy from Netgalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
This is a cute rom-com and a great start to a series.  You can definitely devour this quick read in one sitting.  I can’t wait to see how the rest of the series progresses!
Thank you NetGalley for this free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This one was an okay read for me! I am normally a huge fan of enemies to lovers but this one felt less enemies to me and more the guy taking out his insecurities from past relationships onto the girl. I wasn’t really rooting for them until over halfway through the book, which was a bummer.

That said, this is a quick read, I read it all in a day. I did like the friend groups both main characters had. This was my first book by Davis so I didn’t know until reading other reviews that Samantha, the main character had been mentioned before. That seemed fun, I like that some of the characters in this book have their own stories, and will continue to have their own stories. I think the #2 to this one follows Samantha’s friend Chloe, which I probably wouldn’t mind reading!

Overall, it had fun steamy scenes, so I can’t complain too much, just wasn’t my favorite but I also still breezed through it!
This book was read thanks to NetGalley.

I loved this book, they are "enemies" do some circumstances that are very understandable, she is the CEO of a tech company he is a teacher, and she insults him which causes them to be "enemies" and she tries to make him like her.

It was a fresh story, usually the story is he is the ceo, she is the pride one, but this is reverse and I love it, it was so refreshing and a good love story.

Highly recommended for the enemies to lovers hive
I absolutely can not wait to read the next books in the series.  I’m actually more interested in Ted than anyone else.  This was classic enemies to friends.  I’m not sure there was enough evilness yo classify AJ as horrible or even an enemy.  I think he was perfectly flawed.
An interesting rom com in which the heroine is determined to get the hero to like no matter what. It was a fun ride and I enjoyed it.
This was a fast paced story and it was really enjoyable! Sam is the CEO of a tech company and AJ is sent by his school (he's a teacher) to attend sort of a community day at Sam's company. Their first meeting doesn't go well and they have some disagreements. Though when they end up spending more time together, they can't deny the attraction between them. Sam was a pretty well plotted character. I loved her independence, her kind, sunshine, nerdy personality but she was a total people pleaser. I admit that I was frustrated by AJ. He let his past trauma get in the way of his relationship with Sam but their chemistry eventually developed a lot. The side characters especially the FOOF group were all so encouraging that I couldn't help but love them! Overall, this was a very engaging read, quick, funny, with a likeable female lead and a grump hero.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me the ARC
I really enjoyed the premise of this book  - haters turned lovers is always a joy! However, I did feel that some of the sex scenes were a bit rushed and would have liked a bit more build up to these - but I enjoyed the story and enjoyed reading this book!
I am REALLY enjoying these short & punchy contemporary romances and Fireball by @authorlaineydavis was such a goody. ⁠
⁠
We got enemies-to-lovers, grumpy & sunshine, an inclusive and diverse cast of characters and omfg, no jokes, some of the best spice scenes. But let me get back on track...⁠
⁠
In Fireball, our FMC is a data-nerd and CEO of a tech start-up on the brink of going public. She meets our (somewhat frustrating) love interest when he attends a session at her company while representing the public school he teaches science at. They have a misunderstanding - and much like me, she just can't let it go. The two keep running into each other and promptly get into the habit of bickering. The FMC is very much a people-pleaser who is selfless and always wants to do good for those she cares about - even when they don't deserve it - but our love interest doesn't take this as genuine acts of service when he has been in the past. ⁠
⁠
I was utterly obsessed with the FMC - she works in tech, is a data-nerd and she ends up facing burnout because she pours from an empty cup way too often (same girl, same), but her enthusiasm for data was basically like reading a book about me (I am a digital strategist, and I love living in my little hobbit hole where I get to look at data all day.) I felt the author did such a good job in writing about the feelings that come with wanting to do everything yourself, and how hard it is to ask for help - even for simple things like remembering to eat. ⁠
⁠
As for the love interest, I got really annoyed by how he let his pain and trauma be the driving force in every social interaction with Sam, like WTF dude? Love her, or else I will! ⁠
⁠
Seriously, this was such a great read and I am so excited to get to know the rest of the characters with more stories in this series. The next one follows the marriage in crisis of a historic romance author and guys, I am so psyched to see what Lainey has in store for our girl, Chloe. ⁠
➡️ Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5⁠
➡️ Spice: 🌶🌶🌶/5⁠

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.
Samantha is a stressed out tech CEO preparing to take her company public. AJ is a grumpy middle school teacher with relationship scars. Sparks fly from the moment they meet, first sparks of annoyance then sparks of passion. I really enjoyed the early parts of the novel. The back and forth between Sam and AJ is really fun. But once they get together the focus seems to become more concerned with steamy sex than the rom-com story. Overall it’s still a fun book but the back half of the book just felt a bit unbalanced to me. (3.5  stars) Thanks so much to Lainey Davis and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review an eARC of Fireball.

This was a fantastic enemies-to-lovers romance. I was able to identify with Sam in many ways, and that immediately got me hooked. It was a quick read, very light-hearted and witty. I would absolutely read more books from this author.
I had a really hard time caring about the heroine, especially at first, so this became a DNF for me. It also didn’t help that the provided kindle copy had a lot of formatting issues, which made it hard to read.
Samantha and AJ come together in Fireball in a fun enemies to lovers book with lots of spice!

This was a fun and quick read that was simply un-put-downable. From the unique twist that the FMC is the high powered business exec while the MMC is the opposite to the lovely way the characters were able to work through past traumas to create a love story.

It was overall fun, flirty, and a book I would absolutely recommend and read again!
Fireball: An Enemies to Lovers Romance is a Romance that entangles two unlikely partners: both smart, both clever, and both with high thresholds for....cake. Yeah, cake.

The cover artwork is cute. The illustrations match well with what I had pictured the main characters to look like. It's very on trend at the moment with illustrative covers. The cake on the floor is a great addition and its a pivotal moment that you learn later on.

Quickly we learn that Sam, one of our two main characters who is the CEO of a soon-to-be launching data analyzing app, is not only start but also holds a lot of secrets. Before her computer analytics and software development fame, she was the appointed center of her falling apart family. Her father is high ranking in the military and treats his family the same way as his soldiers, her brother is completely unhelpful, her sister doesn't want anything to do with the family unless she gets credit for something good and her mother is, well, dead. Yikes. Sam takes care of everyone first, including her company and even though she feels like she has it all together, maybe she just needs someone else to help take care of her once.

In comes AJ, our second main character who is a middle school science teacher who also is coming out of a rough few years. Two years prior his "almost" fiancé, Lara, dumped him which has left him scarred since thinking he wasn't worth anyone's time because she said he wasn't good enough for her - to his face. What a complete jerk statement and honestly, not only his friends are happy to see that relationship crush but overtime so his he. But, when he meets Sam he thinks she's just another Lara and basically just a CEO who cares more about herself and her company than anything else. Oh, how wrong he could be.

I really enjoyed this read more than I thought I would. The characters were well thought out and felt real. Not only were the main characters well written, but I felt the secondary characters were well done. Not only that, but I'd love to go to a FOOF gathering any day.

Seeing Sam's character discuss data management and analyzation really hit home. Before I was a SAHM, I was a Data Director and Analyst therefore I enjoyed some of her speeches and how powerful and passionate she was about it. Alongside, how AJ enjoyed teaching and his craft, including data on birds that she helped him with. Seeing their connections between science and data was well written and enjoyable.

Also, I loved that Davis included mention and discussion about non-binary and people that use pronouns, "they/them/their". Fantastic inclusivity.

Four Stars. I would have given five, but I felt that some of their character connections were rushed until they "launched" at each other. Alongside, I felt a good amount of the plot after they first "launched" at each other after the cake on the floor incident to the end of the book held a bit too many "launches". I would have liked to see a bit more character and romantic development before that first "launch" instead of them being argumentative which each other and then hastily jumping each others bones.

Would recommend. Now, I'm going to try to find some cake, but not one that's been on the floor.

Thanks to the author, Lainey Davis and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC copy to read and review. Review will also be posted to my blog (www.kagoodsell.com/book-reviews), GoodReads, TikTok (@unearthingeco), as well as NetGalley reviews.