Because Paul the peacock is catered to by the other animals, he assumes he is entitled to his demands. After a storm, he awakes and finds he has lost his feathers! Will those same animals, especially Norris the loris, help Paul retrieve his feathers? This humorous take on privilege sends a clear but not overly purposeful message about kindness, cooperation, and humility that even preschoolers will understand. The text is a little long with two or three paragraphs on some pages, but it has repetition and onomatopoeia that is engaging. The cartoonish illustrations exhibit bright colors and help tell the story.

Thank you Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book. These opinion are completely my own.

I think I can relate to Paul wanting to restart his life as an earthworm. Cute, funny book with great social lessons and illustration.

This is a fun and colourful book full of adventures. It touches on themes of pride and superiority, and how treating others bad will have consequences. The most important lesson for me is that we all need other people, including Paul, the main character.

I would've liked seeing a bit more about Norris, although I understand the space in the book is limited. I also would've wanted to see Paul making up for his past mistakes. I think it's important to change your attitude and make amends, not just promise and say sorry.

Learning to value others shines bright and bold in this enjoyably silly and thought-filled read.

Paul the peacock is an amazing bird...and he makes sure he stays that way. His beautiful feathers are his pride and joy. He's pampered day and night, never allowing even the slightest strain or harm to draw near, and that's all thanks to his friend, Noris the loris. One day, Noris has had enough of serving Paul without the slightest hint of thanks. Sick of being taken for granted, he leaves, and at the worst time for Paul. Paul wakes up to not only find Noris gone, but an unimaginable disaster has taken place. Determined to keep his dignity, Paul heads out on his own, but life isn't as simple as he thinks.

The vibrant illustrations fit wonderfully to Paul the peacock. The bright and bold colors demand as much attention as the bird himself, making the situation very clear as poor Noris does his best to satisfy. The imbalanced relationship between the two is easy to notice and will draw sympathy as readers see what's going on. The emotions come across clearly and make the message surrounding thankfulness, friendship, and kindness sit in an understandable way. But it's the little, silly details which hook and make this into an entertaining read from beginning to end. The message might be serious, but giggles and laughs are guaranteed from one page to the next.

The tale makes a lovely read aloud and is well-suited for the age group. It presents just enough to keep the story clear, while the illustrations do the rest. It's one of those reads, which is sure to hear the phrase 'again'.

Paul the Peacock is the center of attention. He's demanding of his friends, and can get a little mean about it. One day, his friend Norris has had ENOUGH! The story that follows is an adorable tale of friendship, consequences, and working on yourself. Illustrations are bright and richly colored, and well placed text allows for easy read-alouds. A great story for any library or home.

This was cute enough and funny enough, but I feel like the story needed a bit more polish. The illustrations were very good though and they add more humour to the story. The art is by far the best part about this picture book.

What a fun story to read with children about the importance of treating your friends with respect! I love the colourful images and the fantastic message. There are some great side characters in the book as well that make it so wonderful and humorous. This will no doubt be a favourite read for many kids!

A story about Paul the Peacock who tends to be arrogant and selfish but when his friend is fed up of how he acts, he learns to realize he needs to think of others and not just himself and that kindness and empathy are important

Have you ever had a friend who needs to be the center of attention? One who needs all of your time and can be mean, both intentionally and unintentionally?

Such is the case of Paul the Peacock and his Loris friend Norris. Paul is V E R Y needy and is often mean to Norris, who is just trying to help his vain and needy friend. One day, after a particularly trying time, Norris has had enough and walks away and leaves Paul on his own. The journey Paul goes on afterwards changes both his life and perspective forever and he learns the importance of friendship and kindness.

Filled with bright fun illustrations, this is a great story for littles [AND their adults] on what true, good friendship is, and the consequences of being ungrateful and abusing that friendship.

Well done!!

Thank you to NetGalley, Tilly Matthews and Quarto Publishing Group - Frances Lincoln Children's Books/Happy Yak for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Kids will truly love this book. It has cute main characters, a relatable message and the eyebrows on this peacock are hilarious!

This book has several traits I know kids enjoy when being read to - a funny plot/characters, interactivity (reading Paul’s letter to Norris) and a timelapse illustration.

This book is cute, quick and features male frienship. Definitely adding this one to my classroom library.

A digital ARC was provided by the publisher in exchange for a review. A review was posted publicly on StoryGraph.

I liked how the story was teaching people how kindness means alot. I really liked the beautiful illustrations and how the text wasn't too much to read. I thought that the cover was really eye catching and drawed me to read it. Thank you for letting me review this book!

This was a sweet read, my 4 and 6 year old liked it. I wouldn’t describe it as ‘belly laughing’ as the summary suggests, but it was pleasant enough.

Paul is an entitled Peacock who has treated the other animals badly. He learns his lesson when he loses his precious feathers and he is lonely with no friends.

It has a good message for children - to always treat people with kindness. The illustrations are lovely.

This was a wonderful book with a great message for kids. I think it did a great job showing how being selfish is isolating. It is also beautifully drawn. I really appreciated the story and the characters therein.

A cute friendship tale with fun illustrations! A good lesson on remembering to appreciate your friends and not take them for granted!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my review copy!

The illustrations in this book are lovely - very bright and colorful. Paul the Peacock has an arrogant attitude in the beginning, but he soon realizes the error of his ways when others don't respond the way that he expects.

Paul the peacock loses his feathers! This was a fun book to read. I love the illustrations and I will definitely be recommending this book

What a strange little book - a peacock who has lost his feathers! The shenanigans Paul gets into while he tracks down his feathers are funny. The text is age appropriate, the artwork is lovely, and I enjoyed the book - as did my two-year-old son, who I read this to using my tablet.

Overall, I thought this was a great kids book. I pay attention to what lessons are learned, and here there are a few very valuable ones. We got to watch Paul apologize for his actions once he realized what he had done. We saw how valuable it is to appreciate the people in our lives that make things possible. Paul became a better person through hardship. We also got to see Norris set healthy boundaries and practice forgiveness. I liked this book very much!

Thank you to NetGalley along with the publisher for the eARC! This is a very silly book about Paul and his friend Norris. Paul is perfect with his feathers and has Norris to take care of him. One night a storm comes through and Paul loses everything. Paul goes on an adventure to get his feathers back and realizes how much he misses his friends and realizes how he took advantage of them. This book has a great message for all readers!

My children and I all adored the story of "Paul the Peacock". It sparked great conversations on empathy, vanity, materialism and friendship. The illustrations are colorful, detailed, and fun to look at. "Paul the Peacock" reminded me of an updated version of the classic "The Rainbow Fish", but I liked the message in this book even better! Overall, I'd recommend this fun book, with a deeper underlying message to young readers and their families.

This little book was so charming!

I was giggling along with 'Paul 8, Fish 0' and the little worms playing their violins to Paul's sorrows😆.
I will be requesting this book for the Children's section of our library!

The book shows us Paul being, 'greedy and rude' and treasuring his feathers above everything, including his loyal friend, Norris. That is until he faces despair in the storm and loses everything, including his beloved feathers, only to have his friends aid him and show him the error of his ways.

This is a classic moral tale so important in our young childrens books, and this one is told in such a light, refreshing and humorous way.

Aside from the writing and story itself, the accompanying artwork is so delightful. Like painted brushstrokes and yet bold and colourful and engaging. The depictions magically brought the story to life and also added another layer of humour to the book which is fun for children and their adults alike🥰