The Mirror Sisters

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 29 Jan 2018

A tale about twins and their relationship with their mother.

Identical and treated the same this was a fascinating read.

Mother is not a good woman, but I really loved this story. I read it stages but it was a creepy and I so need the next book to come quickly

I love V C Andrews and have read almost all her books. this was amazing
I have read all of the original Virginia Andrews books and loved them all.  They were books that I read as a teenager and carried on re-reading them, even now.  As Virginia Andrews died many years ago, ghost writers were brought in to write books under her name.  Some were good, some weren’t.  Unfortunately as the years have gone on, I’ve found these book less and less appealing.  Perhaps it’s because I’m getting old, or perhaps it’s because the writing isn’t as good as it used to be.  Who can tell!

All of the series of books have all had the same theme running through them – tormented family sagas, incestuous relationships and wicked grandmothers.  This book was no different!  It is the first book in the series and features two twin girls whose mother has an obsession for keeping the similarity between them.  The plot sounded good, and perhaps if it had been written several years ago when the writers were better and I was younger, then I may have enjoyed it more!  Unfortunately, I haven’t the time or inclination to read a book which is just basically a copy of the previous books in the other series!
I didn't like the first book or couldn't get into it... sorry wasn't my cup of tea I shall say! But I tried!
Possibly one of the worst books I've read from the VC Andrews ghost writer. 22% in and the thought of anymore makes me want to cringe. It's about identical twins. All I'm getting is how identical and how special they are. And I'm fed up already. The mother is an overbearing bitch who wants her super speshul twins to be identical in every way down to thoughts. She's not allowing them to play with other children because they might disrupt the twin's special identicalness. It's the same thing over and over and over. It's ridiculous and I can't stomach any more of this book.

Thank you to Netgalley and Gallery Threshold, Pocket Books for the chance to view the title.
This one left me with a lot of different thoughts, just like every other book by the author. It was a great read, but the pacing was a little slow and the writing style didn't meet my expectations.
The Mirror Sisters by V.C. Andrews or Why do you need enemies if you have a sister, an evil twin sister.

This is an classical twin story, where one twin is angelical and other diabolical, but they also have a mother, who's obsession with her daughters similarity has set the stage for everything that follows. The story is written as prologue or synopsis of the things that happened before the final most evil thing that one sister can do to another. This book is Kaylee's book, written from her point of view.

It was wonderfully appalling story on a dreadful subject.
This isn't the best VC Andrews story out there. There isn't much excitement in this book. A lot of the story is about setting the stage for how the sisters feel about their lives.
I always enjoy a good V.C. Andrews book. This book is no exception.  I can't read more books from her.  She is an amazing author.
I almost gave up as the first 40% or so was just so repetitive. It redeemed itself slightly with the ending but what potentially could be one good book has been stretched to the point of it being quite poor in order for a series to be produced.