The Bad Neighbor
by David Tallerman
Pub Date 6 Sep 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #TheBadNeighbor #NetGalley
The Bad Neighbour is a gritty contemporary crime thriller set in the north of England, rooted in the author's personal experiences of the region while drawing upon wider issues of racial intolerance, gang crime and police corruption. When part-time teacher Ollie Clay panic-buys a rundown house in the outskirts of Leeds, he soon recognises his mistake. His new neighbour, Chas Walker, is an antisocial thug, and Ollie's suspicions raise links to a local hate group. With Ollie's life unravelling rapidly, he feels his choices dwindling: his situation is intolerable and only standing up to Chas can change it. But Ollie has his own history of violence, and increasingly, his own secrets to hide; and Chas may be more than the mindless yob he appears to be. As their conflict spills over into the wider world, Ollie will come to learn that there are worse problems in life than one bad neighbour.
FLAME TREE PRESS is the new fiction imprint of Flame Tree Publishing. Launching in 2018 the list brings together brilliant new authors and the more established; the award winners, and exciting, original voices.
A Note From the Publisher
Also available in paperback, ebook and audio.Author biog:David Tallerman’s short fiction has appeared in over eighty publications, including Clarkesworld, Nightmare, Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, and Beneath Ceaseless Skies. A number of his best dark fantasy and horror stories were gathered together in his debut collection, The Sign in the Moonlight and Other Stories. His work has also appeared in Flame Tree Publishing’s Science Fiction Short Stories and Lost Worlds Short Stories. He is also the author of the YA fantasy series The Black River Chronicles, which began with Level One and continued with The Ursvaal Exchange, the novella Patchwerk and the Tales of Easie Damasco series, consisting of Giant Thief, Crown Thief, and Prince Thief.
• National consumer print, online, and broadcast media campaign
• Author bookstore & library appearances, Fall/Winter 2018
• Publishing trade ARC/galley outreach
• Blog tour and #FlameTreeTour features online
• Podcast tour.
• Advertisements appearing in Shelf Awareness, Ingram Supplements, NAIBA e-mail blast, and PublishersWeekly.com *
• Author interviews and excerpts available upon request
• Influencer outreach to Amazon top reviewers & Goodreads librarians, Bookstagrammers, BookTubers, podcasters, and more
• Audiobook from Flame Tree Audio