Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #ThoseWhoCameBefore #NetGalley
Available in hardback, paperback, ebook and audiobook editions worldwide.
People are dying at Strong Lake, and the worst is yet to come.
An idyllic weekend camping trip is cut short when Reese Wallace’s friends are brutally murdered. As the group’s only survivor, Reese is the prime suspect, and his story doesn’t make much sense. A disembodied voice warning him to leave the campground the night before? A strange, blackened tree that gave him an electric shock when he cut it down for firewood?
Detective Greyeyes isn’t having any of it—until she hears the voice herself and finds an arrowhead at the crime scene—an arrowhead she can’t get rid of. Troubling visions of a doomed Native American tribe who once called the campground home, and rumors of cursed land and a mythical beast plague the strangest murder case she’s ever been a part of.
FLAME TREE PRESS is the new fiction imprint of Flame Tree Publishing. Launched in 2018 the list brings together brilliant new authors and the more established; the award winners, and exciting, original voices.
A Note From the Publisher
J.H. Moncrieff's City of Ghosts won the 2018 Kindle Book Review Award for best Horror/Suspense. Reviewers have described her work as 'early Gillian Flynn with a little Ray Bradbury and Stephen King' thrown in for good measure. She won Harlequin's search for "the next Gillian Flynn" in 2016. Her first published novella, The Bear Who Wouldn't Leave, was featured in Samhain's Childhood Fears collection and stayed on its horror bestsellers list for over a year.When not writing, she loves exploring the world's most haunted places, advocating for animal rights, and summoning her inner ninja in muay thai class.
• National consumer print, online, and broadcast media campaign
• Author bookstore & library appearances, Fall/Winter 2018
• Publishing trade ARC/galley outreach
• Blog tour and #FlameTreeTour features online
• Podcast tour
• Advertisements to appear in key book and consumer trade print and online media, and e-blasts/newsletters
• Author interviews and excerpts available upon request
• Influencer outreach to Amazon top reviewers & Goodreads librarians, Bookstagrammers, BookTubers, podcasters, and more
• Audiobook from Flame Tree Audio