Before My Actual Heart Breaks

Pub Date 28 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #BeforeMyActualHeartBreaks #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An unforgettable love story with the energy of Derry Girls and the intensity of The Ferryman
__________________________________________________

‘If I could go back to being sixteen again, I’d do things differently.'

'Everyone over the age of forty feels like that, you total gom,' says my best friend Lizzie Magee.

When she was young Mary Rattigan wanted to fly. She was going to take off like an angel from heaven and leave the muck and madness of troubled Northern Ireland behind. Nothing but the Land of Happy Ever After would do for her.

But as a Catholic girl with a B.I.T.C.H. for a Mammy and a silent Daddy, things did not go as she and Lizzie Magee had planned.

Now, five children, twenty-five years, an end to the bombs and bullets, enough whisky to sink a ship and endless wakes and sandwich teas later, Mary’s alone. She’s learned plenty of hard lessons and missed a hundred steps towards the life she'd always hoped for.

Will she finally find the courage to ask for the love she deserves? Or is it too late?

__________________________________________________

‘If I could go back to being sixteen again, I’d do things...

EDITION Paperback