Manga Drawing Deluxe

Empower Your Drawing and Storytelling Skills

Pub Date 2 Jun 2020 | Archive Date 30 Mar 2020

Talking about this book? Use #MangaDrawingDeluxe #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Renowned Japanese manga artist, international instructor, and illustrator of the Wedding Peach series Nao Yazawa guides you step by step through all phases of manga drawing, from developing characters to creating a story line and story boards.

With this detailed guide, learn every aspect of how to draw manga, including poses, movement, perspective, and props. Starting with rough sketches, you'll learn to add ink, coloration, special effects, and finishing touches to create dynamic manga characters and stories. You'll also find tips on how to give your characters lively facial expressions and how to create backgrounds with simple perspective.

Learn authentic manga drawing from a manga master.

This book is filled with amazing art! This is an exceptional book on the art of Manga drawing. The attention to detail and the tips are fantastic. The tutorials on how to properly draw faces and hair are amazingly well done. It details that even the most basic drawings and how they need details in the flow and direction (of the hair) to make it feel and look more realistic. It also details that in action scenes one must pay attention to how real hair would move to make the drawings more convincing. Every section in the book has tips like this from age, eyes clothing everything is covered. I love this book and I highly recommend it if you are interested in drawing manga art. I received this book from NetGalley and Quarto Publishing - Rockridge Publishing for an honest review.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers. This book is jam packed full of amazing ideas, information and detail, it is a fantastic guide and out of all the manga drawing books I have read and reviewed this one has so far been the most in-depth and informative by far. I loved the way the book starts with two manga characters (a girl and her brother) who are shown how to draw Manga by two chibis. It was a unique introduction and I loved it.

Sadly i wanted check this one out to practice more on my art. My tablets wouldn't let it download at all.

Out of all the "How to Draw or Create..." books I've read, this one definitely has the best detailed breakdown of the manga creative process. I especially enjoyed the breakdown of space, lighting and visual perspectives. As someone who has freelanced in the manga industry for the last decade, even I learned some new techniques and a better understanding of that creative process. Thank you Yazawa-sensei for letting me review your book.

A manga drawing guide that is presented in a manga way itself, which is an original feature to the many drawing guide on the market. Well done, not to advance, not too easy either. A good guide that might help you develop your skill in drawing various element of manga! Well done!

Manga Drawing Deluxe is, hands-down, the best manga drawing book of all those I've read in the past year since I became interested in learning how to draw manga-style characters. This work has a lot going for it. To begin with, I loved the way the information was given in the form of a manga story as we follow a young girl and her brother learning to draw manga with help from two cute chibis. The detail included in this book is amazing. As well as in-depth look at character design, with reference to an understanding of anatomy etc., the book also covers creating storyboards and adding backgrounds, special effects and dialogue. I enjoyed this book so much and appreciated all the great tips packed into it that I have added it to my TBD wishlist and intend to buy a copy to keep on my shelf once it releases. It's definitely a book I would want to refer to again and again as I try to improve my manga-drawing technique.

This truly is a deluxe book...probably the most thorough I’ve seen lately. I particularly like that the lessons are shown in examples. Definitely aids in visualizing the steps.

Title: Manga Drawing Deluxe - Empower Your Drawing and Storytelling Skills Author: Nao Yazawa Publisher: Quarto Publishing Group – Rockport Publishing /Rockport Publishers ISBN: 9781631598098 Edition: E-Book Publication date: 02/06/2020 Content: Every manga or anime fang wanted to draw their own characters or re-draw their favorite ones. In this book the author describes how to draw your own mangas step by step and with example pictures wich are also described in detail. It starts by only drawing faces and ends with doing whole pages of mangas, including the speech bubbles. Opinion: In my opinion it is a very well structured manga drawing book that starts from the beginning and ends by doing your own manga. The descriptions are not too hard to understand and also the example pictures help a lot. I tried some of the drawings out and it went very well. Actually, I think that I'm gonna use the book a lot because I'm a huge manga and anime fan and I wanted to draw like this for years. Conclusion: All in all, this is a well and understandable written book about drawing mangas. For each manga and/or anime fan it is a must have. So, I would definitelly recommend it!

When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Renowned Japanese manga artist, international instructor, and illustrator of the Wedding Peach series Nao Yazawa guides you step by step through all phases of manga drawing, from developing characters to creating a storyline and storyboards. With this detailed guide, learn every aspect of how to draw manga, including poses, movement, perspective, and props. Starting with rough sketches, you'll learn to add ink, colouration, special effects, and finishing touches to create dynamic manga characters and stories. You'll also find tips on how to give your characters lively facial expressions and how to create backgrounds with a simple perspective. Learn authentic manga drawing from a manga master. With kids around the world stuck at home with "nothing to do" as school is out almost everywhere, this is a great book to help pass the time. (Once it comes out....maybe they should move us the publication date?? If not, a great way to pass time this summer.) The instructions are well written and the examples are stellar: all you need is some paper and pencils to pass away the hours - great book. As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it some Wedding 🍑🍑🍑🍑

Amazing. Amazing The initial bit of Manga Elves is very engaging. This is an encyclopaedia of Manga drawing. Starts with face and moves into body. Would recommend this book to any Manga lover.

Hands down, total-5 start-rated instructional book! I am not much of an artist and this book makes me want to go into manga business. This book breaks it down for you and packed with useful and practical information. I appreciate the details included in this book; OH, and the cutest chibi characters! Super adorable! It's not just drawing; this book tells you more on sizing, backgrounds, storyboarding, referencing, special affects and even how to work on manga conversation and dialogues. Very comprehensive and informative book- this is all you need to get your manga idea started and possibly, your manga career. Simply: an amazing book.