Atomic Love

Pub Date 17 Sep 2020 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #AtomicLove #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A stunning novel about our fiercest loyalties, deepest desires and the power of forgiveness

'Science, love, espionage, and a heroine who carves a strong path in the world of men. There is nothing left to want' Ann Patchett

'A highly-charged love story' Delia Owens, bestselling author of Where the Crawdads Sing

Chicago, 1950

Rosalind Porter has always defied expectations - in her work as a physicist on the Manhattan Project to design the atomic bomb, and in her passionate love affair with coworker Thomas Weaver. Five years after the end of both, her guilt over the results of her work and her heartbreak over Weaver are intertwined. She has almost succeeded in resigning herself to a more conventional life.

Then Weaver gets back in touch - but so does the FBI. Agent Charlie Szydlo wants Rosalind to spy on Weaver, whom the FBI suspects of selling nuclear secrets to Russia.

Rosalind's final assignment launches her on a mission to find the truth . . . no matter where it leads.

EDITION Hardcover

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Absolutely brilliant read! The Manhattan Project, Communists and spies, this story has it all! Former nuclear scientist, Rosalind is now working on the makeup counter of a department store when her former lover and colleague, Wheeler, makes contact, followed closely by Charlie an FBI agent. This is the beginning of a huge dilemma for her as she is asked to betray Wheeler's confidences in order to protect her country. Full of intrigue and peril, this book kept me on the edge of my seat as I followed the twists and turns of the story. A cracking read!

FAscinating story about women's role in science and the race to build the bomb. We are taken to the heart of the Manhattan project and the cold war. There's russian spies, FBI agents and tales of Japanese prisoners. The novel is filled with science and it's easy to understand and follow. Fascinating world and say that coming from a very non scientific background! Full characters you care about and a very interesting story. A must read!